• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TS Elimination

Bdubbs

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Summit at Bolton Valley
Have any of you heard of this company? They're asking for big money upfront, which covers the closing costs for them to transfer your timeshare over to a third party company (apparently they pay the third party company to take the timeshare as well). The third party then covers your maintenance fee liabilities from there and owns the deed from there. It seems a little sketchy to me, especially because they want to be paid up front, but it does make sense that they charge based on your yearly maintenance fees. Anybody had any success with them? Here's their website, as well as their clean BBB record:

[Links to upfront fee companies DELETED]

Thanks for any input - good or bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
No special knowledge of this firm. Just the common TUG advice: Don't pay any upfront fees. Usually a scam.

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
Have nothing to do with them. Yes, they will take your money but they are not taking over your deed or selling it to anyone. Stay away from anyone that is asking for money!

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
If you want to rid yourself of a timeshare, are you aware that it's possible to offer to give it away on TUG? Search this site, and look at the TUG Marketplace (either the Timeshare for Sale if you think it has some real value or the Bargain Basement section if you want to offer it for a minimal price or just give it away).

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
what efforts have you made thusfar to give your resort back or try to offer it up on the resale market for free?

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Have any of you heard of this company? They're asking for big money upfront, which covers the closing costs for them to transfer your timeshare over to a third party company (apparently they pay the third party company to take the timeshare as well). The third party then covers your maintenance fee liabilities from there and owns the deed from there. It seems a little sketchy to me, especially because they want to be paid up front, but it does make sense that they charge based on your yearly maintenance fees. Anybody had any success with them? Here's their website, as well as their clean BBB record:

[Links to upfront fee companies DELETED]

Thanks for any input - good or bad.
Welcome to Tug. You are very fortunate that you found us in time to save your money. Do not pay this company upfront money to take your timeshare. Many have paid similar companies money with the same promise and ultimately lost their money and still owned their timeshare.

I have given away many timeshares here on Tug through the bargain section and marketplace. Stick around, learn and try to give it away on your own.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Once they have your money, they have no incentive to do anything.

Many have previously posted here that after paying an upfront fee, they are still timeshare owners; the so called escape companies did not transfer legal title and the timeshare remained in the original owners' names.

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
The upfront fee outfits can't do anything you can't do yourself. Advertise it for free, offer to set up a free vacation for the new owner, offer a prepaid Visa to a new owner, transfer and you're done.I

Jim

Reaction score
Sounds like a Viking Ship. Maybe not that company, but the 3rd party is one. You pay them, they take it, they transfer it to Party #2, party #2 files bankruptcy and all the deeds are sent back to the resort, and the resort MAY come after you for payment. Party #1 gets rich, party #2 is no where to be found.

TS

Bdubbs

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Summit at Bolton Valley
Thanks for your feedback everyone. Much appreciated. I've used an outlet or two to try to sell it with no luck. Think I might have posted it on ebay at one point as well. Perhaps it's time to give it another shot on my own.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Join tug and put an ad in Marketplace.
Good Luck!
Silentg

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback everyone. Much appreciated. I've used an outlet or two to try to sell it with no luck. Think I might have posted it on ebay at one point as well. Perhaps it's time to give it another shot on my own.
The issue with "outlet" is that you used was probably just a listing company that gave unrealistic market value for what you own. You can list it here on TUG under Bargain basement and marketplace. If it is an undesirable property, you may have to sweeten the pot by offering to pay for transfer free and possibly even a year's worth of maintenance.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Thanks Jim, how much do you recommend on a prepaid Visa to make it move? And do I contact my resort to coordinate the transfer or is there more to it?
I would try offering one year of maintenance fees paid. You can hire a closing company to handle everything. I, as many here on Tug, have used LT transfers. They are reasonable, guide you and handle everything.

Reaction score
TS Elimination? I did some digging. I found out that TS Elimination has the names Eric Malloch and Craig Willems associated with it. I searched those names and came up with fraud alerts with companies they appeared to be a part of including: Interval Relief, Interval Mgt Group, Right Choice Transfer, Timeshare Relief. TS Elim does ask for monies upfront. Their pitch is they will transfer your timeshare to an Acceptance Company. Supposedly this company will use it for corporate trips. Don't take my word for it, do the digging. My guess is that they have a good BBB record because they are only 3 years old. One way to avoid a bad BBB record is to start another company with a different name. They might be legit, but I don't like the smell of it with just ten minutes of web searching. If someone finds out more, good or bad, please post here.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
TS Elimination? I did some digging. I found out that TS Elimination has the names Eric Malloch and Craig Willems associated with it. I searched those names and came up with fraud alerts with companies they appeared to be a part of including: Interval Relief, Interval Mgt Group, Right Choice Transfer, Timeshare Relief. TS Elim does ask for monies upfront. Their pitch is they will transfer your timeshare to an Acceptance Company. Supposedly this company will use it for corporate trips. Don't take my word for it, do the digging. My guess is that they have a good BBB record because they are only 3 years old. One way to avoid a bad BBB record is to start another company with a different name. They might be legit, but I don't like the smell of it with just ten minutes of web searching. If someone finds out more, good or bad, please post here.
They will transfer a bunch of TSs that unsuspecting owners have paid them into a 'acceptance company' (these, we call 'Viking Ships') then they bankrupt the 'acceptance company'. Who loses? The OTHER owners of those timeshare companies. They have to pick up the maintenance of the resort, as well as the legal fees involved in getting clear title to the weeks. What they do may be marginally legal, but it sure isn't legit.

Jim