• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any way to get out of WYNDHAM Discovery Agreement

got2bike

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
none
In early July my then "live in Girl Friend" attended a Wyndham presentation in down town Chicago. WE saT through the high pressure sales tactics, etc. However I/we declined to purchase a time share. I'm not wealthy but my credit rating was A+++ so the various staff new they had a "fish on the line" I ended up purchasing the Wyndham Vacation Resorts Club Wyndham Discovery Membership Agreement ( $3,524= 400,00 points, ONE TIME PURCHASE NOT A TIMESHARE) The contract is fully paid for, and is in my name only with a "use start day" of this Aug 8th.
MY QUESTION: MY GRILFRIEND & I HAVE BROKEN UP. SHE HAS MOVED OUT. IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN GET OUT OF THE CONTRACT, EVEN IF I DO NOT GET A FULL REFUND

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
You need to use it because you are stuck. But I am sure you can make great use of those points by using whatever status they offered with the package.

got2bike

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
none
I don't think so. How could a non-spousal person moving out have any impact on a contract you signed by yourself?[/QUOTE
I just want to get out of the contract and recoop some of the money even if I take a loss.

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
My heart goes out to you, as I'm sure you would not have signed the contract without some influence from your former girlfriend. You're stuck. Best bet is to plan on using it for a nice vacation. If lady luck shines on you, maybe you can take a new girlfriend. :rolleyes:

Two lessons learned here: Timeshare is a good product if bought resale. The biggest constant in life is "change."

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just want to get out of the contract and recoop some of the money even if I take a loss.

Sure, I get that that is what you want. But you have no basis for doing so. You signed the contract. The contract presumably didn't say "...provided this woman and I are still dating," so that's not a reason why you can terminate it.

The good news: in the grand scheme of possible timeshare regrets, this is a very small one. My advice: use the points, take vacations, and use that time to spend a little time redefining who you are, what you want, and where you are going. You might find that it turns out to be money well spent!

A recent reflection from one of my go-to books:

I have lost my favorite teacup. I can have lost my teacup and be miserable. I can have lost my teacup and be all right. Either way, the teacup is gone.
--Chinese Proverb

got2bike

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
none
Thank you all....for your response, lesson learned!