• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trouble booking one night at a time at W57 online using Club points

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
I was recently trying to book a few nights at W57 online. As an experiment, my plan was to book one night and then modify the reservation to add on one additional night the next day and one the following day (total of three nights) to see how that worked. In the past, I had made a one night reservation online without any issues for a night in May 2018.

However, I was unable to complete the transaction for the first night online when it was available to book. After entering all of my credit card information, I got an error message asking me to call a vacation counselor. I tried this multiple times, and used both Chrome and Safari. I called in the morning, and was told that I should have been able to book online, so the counselor made the reservation for me. I inquired as to whether I would be able to add on a night myself the next day, and was told that I should be able to. But I wasn't able to, I got a "Sorry, an error occurred" message, so I had to call again. And I tried again the third day online, but I got the same "Sorry" message. So I called again. Have others had this same problem trying to book one night at W57? Like I said, I had no trouble when I went to book the night of May 8 earlier this year.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s been a while since I last booked at west57.

Which day are you looking for then I can give it a try.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have previously booked single and two-night stays successfully. But, as is the case with @Cyberc, it has been a while since I've made a reservation. I have never had a problem, though.

Cheers.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Wondering if something broke with the last system update? :shrug:

Has anyone reserved less than 3 nights @ the BY Hilton Club resorts since we cutover to the new reservation system in 2016?

I’ve never tried the changeable reservation with less than 3 nights. :ponder:

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wondering if something broke with the last system update? :shrug:

Has anyone reserved less than 3 nights @ the BY Hilton Club resorts since we cutover to the new reservation system in 2016?

I’ve never tried the changeable reservation with less than 3 nights. :ponder:

I remember with revolutions that when I made a 1nt reservation at w58 I could not add on days and had to call in. I guess it’s the same as the OP with the new system.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just tried to make a reservation less than 45 days out at west57 and I also get an error. I tried multiple times with the same result.

I then tried at w57 more than 45 days out and I could perfectly complete the reservation.

So imo the problem is only within 45 days for regular club points.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just tried to make a reservation less than 45 days out at west57 and I also get an error. I tried multiple times with the same result.

I then tried at w57 more than 45 days out and I could perfectly complete the reservation.

So imo the problem is only within 45 days for regular club points.

So it seems to be the point separation change and not the prior website change. I've also only made mine more than 45 days out. I've found them to be pretty responsive to issues. Hopefully they will take action based on Denise's report to them.

Cheers.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Thanks Cyberc :thumbup:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I remember with revolutions that when I made a 1nt reservation at w58 I could not add on days and had to call in. I guess it’s the same as the OP with the new system.

Hmm.. maybe folks should write to input@hgvc to request a future enhancement to allow the support of the changeable reservation option for BY HILTON CLUB reservations. :cool:

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It’s been a while since I last booked at west57.

Which day are you looking for then I can give it a try.

Sorry for the delay in my response, and thanks for trying it out. I was practicing with September 7-10. The last time I booked a single night at W57 was for May 8. And the first time I booked 3 nights all at once was for March 9-12. So it worked for my single night in May. Is the best way to provide feedback to HGVC to send them an email? I only talked with the counselors about it on the phone, but obviously I need to follow up with a more formal complaint.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just try once more and the problem not only persists if you book a single night. I tried to book multiple nights using a combination of “by Hilton club” and “regular” club points and I still get the error.

I also tried to book a multiple nights reservation using only “by Hilton club” points and I still get the error.

I think after the latest “upgrade” to the website that hgvc broke this feature of booking at west57 less than 45 days out.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had this issue about 3 years ago. It just wouldn't let me book the 2 nights (even though they were there).
I had to do it over the phone and the rep didn't know why the website was having problems either. They charged me the online fee though I had to ask for it.
Tried to book a 2nd 1-night and the stupid thing did the same thing.

Obviously this was before the change, although it was a while ago as well. This was within the 44-day booking window since I don't own there.

I have just "regular" club points (no special residences/club points)

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks, everyone. I just sent an email to input@hgvc. Hopefully, they will fix the problem soon before I have to make another reservation. If anyone else wants to also send an email, maybe they will address the problem faster.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone. I just sent an email to input@hgvc. Hopefully, they will fix the problem soon before I have to make another reservation. If anyone else wants to also send an email, maybe they will address the problem faster.
Hi Denise

Any update from HgVc?

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Denise

Any update from HgVc?

I sent my email on Monday, 7/30 at 11:09 AM, and I received an email on Tuesday, 7/31 at 5:00 PM from a Club Counselor stating:

I am so sorry for any frustration this has caused. I have forwarded this to our website department for further assistance. Someone should be contacting you soon.

So far, I haven't heard from anyone. Have you tried to book a single night, or any nights, inside 44 days, using Club points or a combination of points, as you mentioned you tried before?

TheCryptkeeper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at the Flamingo
West 57th St. By Hilton Club
Have you tried using a different internet browser to make your reservation? Sometimes this will resolve an issue I'm having with a specific website.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I sent my email on Monday, 7/30 at 11:09 AM, and I received an email on Tuesday, 7/31 at 5:00 PM from a Club Counselor stating:

I am so sorry for any frustration this has caused. I have forwarded this to our website department for further assistance. Someone should be contacting you soon.

So far, I haven't heard from anyone. Have you tried to book a single night, or any nights, inside 44 days, using Club points or a combination of points, as you mentioned you tried before?

Yes I just tried and the problem still persist :-( Hopefully they get it fixed soon.

FYI, I have the same problem even if I book multiple night not just single nights.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you tried using a different internet browser to make your reservation? Sometimes this will resolve an issue I'm having with a specific website.

Yes I tried different browsers with same result. Would also seem odd if one browser should work and the others shouldn't as its only a problem within the 44days booking window - outside its not a problem.

TheCryptkeeper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at the Flamingo
West 57th St. By Hilton Club
Yes I tried different browsers with same result. Would also seem odd if one browser should work and the others shouldn't as its only a problem within the 44days booking window - outside its not a problem.
That's true. Well it's got me stumped. I hope they get it resolved. Keep us posted.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cant help wonder, everyone else must have the same problem booking West57 so HGVC must have some sort of idea of the problem as everyone need to call in.

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Has anyone else emailed them? Maybe the more the merrier?

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, I am assuming that this fails in final stages? I am most of the way through booking a night in early September. As it would require borrowing, I don't want to do it even though I could cancel for free...don't need the points in this year. But I assume that, when it failed, it did get to the final confirmation page (where one was to check "I understand the rules" and do the booking) before crapping out?

Cheers.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, I am assuming that this fails in final stages? I am most of the way through booking a night in early September. As it would require borrowing, I don't want to do it even though I could cancel for free...don't need the points in this year. But I assume that, when it failed, it did get to the final confirmation page (where one was to check "I understand the rules" and do the booking) before crapping out?

Cheers.

Correct the errors comes when you click the booking button.

You could try and book a night on the 13th of sep and when finalizing you get the error and no points are taken.

ette212

Reaction score
I just booked our stay for September and had to call in every morning to extend my stay. I was able to make ONE change online, which was to shorten my stay to 1 night (I initially booked to be checking out on our check-in date), but beyond that, had to call. Two different reps acknowledged that HGVC is aware of the issue and are "supposedly" working on it, but 2 other reps had no idea of the issue. As usual, customer service training is inconsistent. Anyway, just thought I'd share an update.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just booked our stay for September and had to call in every morning to extend my stay. I was able to make ONE change online, which was to shorten my stay to 1 night (I initially booked to be checking out on our check-in date), but beyond that, had to call. Two different reps acknowledged that HGVC is aware of the issue and are "supposedly" working on it, but 2 other reps had no idea of the issue. As usual, customer service training is inconsistent. Anyway, just thought I'd share an update.

Thanks for the heads up, I’m hoping they get the problem fixed soon.