• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana Villages - Key West vs Bella

Myrddin12

Reaction score
Hi. My husband and I have a flex package and are looking to buy a deeded week at Vistana Villages so we can get a larger room as our kids are getting to the point where they don't want to share a pullout couch anymore - LOL. We have stayed at several phases (through their Explorer packages), but I can't remember which is which, so am looking for some pros and cons/general recommendations and why for both Key West and Bella. Thank you! Heather

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
I prefer Key West! It's in the back of the resort so it's very quiet (but still has its own pool), and the units just got a beautiful refurbishment so the units are the most 'fresh' and updated.

Bella's units, while renovated, are still a bit dated. You are, however, closer to the main pool and restaurant, which is good for younger kids. Regardless, you can get to the other, more lively pools, in a 5-10 minute walk from the Key West phase if you so desire.

Have a great stay and let me know if you have any other questions!

Myrddin12

Reaction score
I prefer Key West! It's in the back of the resort so it's very quiet (but still has its own pool), and the units just got a beautiful refurbishment so the units are the most 'fresh' and updated.

Bella's units, while renovated, are still a bit dated. You are, however, closer to the main pool and restaurant, which is good for younger kids. Regardless, you can get to the other, more lively pools, in a 5-10 minute walk from the Key West phase if you so desire.

Have a great stay and let me know if you have any other questions!

Thank you! I really wish I could remember which room was which from our prior stays, so I am glad I can get some opinions here :)

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
Thank you! I really wish I could remember which room was which from our prior stays, so I am glad I can get some opinions here :)

No problem! You may have already seen it, but maybe the resort map might help you decide/remember: http://vistana-web-static.s3.amazonaws.com/vistana-web/destinations/maps/svv-resort-map.pdf

Here is a picture of the newly renovated Key West villas: https://exp.cdn-hotels.com/hotels/1000000/540000/539500/539487/0b6e2d98_z.jpg
And a picture of the Bella villas: https://arquivosja.info/wp-content/...sheraton-vistana-villages-2-bedroom-villa.jpg

Myrddin12

Reaction score
No problem! You may have already seen it, but maybe the resort map might help you decide/remember: http://vistana-web-static.s3.amazonaws.com/vistana-web/destinations/maps/svv-resort-map.pdf

Here is a picture of the newly renovated Key West villas: https://exp.cdn-hotels.com/hotels/1000000/540000/539500/539487/0b6e2d98_z.jpg
And a picture of the Bella villas: https://arquivosja.info/wp-content/...sheraton-vistana-villages-2-bedroom-villa.jpg

Thanks! We had looked at the resort map and know we have stayed at Key West, Bella and Augustine - but just couldn't remember which was which inside! These pictures definitely helped. Thinking we want Key West!

BA21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV Key West, WKV
HGVC Flamingo
If you you interested in purchasing, there is very little difference between the deeds. I own both Key West and Bella units. 2018 maintenance fees were $28 higher for the Bella 2 bedroom compared to Key West. Deed availability and purchase price would be the deciding factor for me.

I've only stayed at SVV once and requested a Key West building as I preferred the Key West section and pool. My reservation was at the 8 month mark as I was staying for less than a week so it didn't matter which deed I used to make the reservation. I'm not sure if a home reservation makes a difference in which section you are assigned at check in. My experience at Vistana properties is that room and building assignments are based on the reservation timestamp.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
If you you interested in purchasing, there is very little difference between the deeds. I own both Key West and Bella units. 2018 maintenance fees were $28 higher for the Bella 2 bedroom compared to Key West. Deed availability and purchase price would be the deciding factor for me.

I've only stayed at SVV once and requested a Key West building as I preferred the Key West section and pool. My reservation was at the 8 month mark as I was staying for less than a week so it didn't matter which deed I used to make the reservation. I'm not sure if a home reservation makes a difference in which section you are assigned at check in. My experience at Vistana properties is that room and building assignments are based on the reservation timestamp.

I once asked why I was not placed in the section I own (floating week in St. Aug). I was told by front desk that I had to reserve the actual week, using a home reservation, to be guaranteed in my own section. I had used a home res, but not week 31, I reserved 52. Silly answer now that I know better. With a floating week the week and unit number are just for deeding purposes.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I once asked why I was not placed in the section I own (floating week in St. Aug). I was told by front desk that I had to reserve the actual week, using a home reservation, to be guaranteed in my own section. I had used a home res, but not week 31, I reserved 52. Silly answer now that I know better. With a floating week the week and unit number are just for deeding purposes.

True. Also, could Week 52 have been sold as a Fixed Week in the section you own and therefore was not available for a floating week in that section?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Do you own a voluntary ownership or did you use StarOptions inside of 8 months?

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Do you own a voluntary ownership or did you use StarOptions inside of 8 months?
I used my developer purchased ownership of SVV- St. Aug At 12 month mark. So, it's a voluntary section, but a developer purchase.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I used my developer purchased ownership of SVV- St. Aug At 12 month mark. So, it's a voluntary section, but a developer purchase.

That is odd. I certainly would have expected them to keep you in St Augustine section. I suspect that they just treat the entire resort as floating units and make no consideration for the different phases when assigning rooms.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
That is odd. I certainly would have expected them to keep you in St Augustine section. I suspect that they just treat the entire resort as floating units and make no consideration for the different phases when assigning rooms.
It was quite awhile ago and I didn't know any better, just took what the said at face value. If I ever choose to go to Orlando again, low probability, I'll know better and see what happens. I'd like to see the type unit I own in person and swim in the pirate ship pool.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
It was quite awhile ago and I didn't know any better, just took what the said at face value. If I ever choose to go to Orlando again, low probability, I'll know better and see what happens. I'd like to see the type unit I own in person and swim in the pirate ship pool.

You can swim in any of the pools regardless of the section you are staying in. So that won't be a problem. We own in Key West and Bella. When we booked, we were placed in Key West, though we were using StarOptions.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
You can swim in any of the pools regardless of the section you are staying in. So that won't be a problem. We own in Key West and Bella. When we booked, we were placed in Key West, though we were using StarOptions.
it's a cold walk from st aug pool back to key west section in dec/jan so we stayed close to our unit. did see an armadillo once when walking to main pool from key west though!! i'm easily fascinated, being from Wisconsin!