• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hale Koa parking pass available for HHV

JulieAB

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lifetime in Hawaii, Disney's Grand Californian
Anyone at Hilton Hawaiian village? I have a parking pass for the hale koa garage across the street to share. I think it's good until the end of the month. We check out tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I could have sworn that it states that the parking passes are non transferable.

When we bought our parking pass last year, I had to provide my rental car license plate and I told them when I was checking out.

JMHO... I think this is a bad idea. I would hate to lose this option due to abuse of the rules.

tompalm

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is just a card that looks like a credit card and that lets you through the gate. Nobody is at the gate checking license tags numbers. I would not worry about that.

spammusubi

Reaction score
That’s really nice of you.

I agree!
Just curious, we are going to be there late August for 10 days. How did you get the monthly pass? Do you just buy it at the paystation? Thanks.

JulieAB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I agree!
Just curious, we are going to be there late August for 10 days. How did you get the monthly pass? Do you just buy it at the paystation? Thanks.
There's an office where you pay. If you're staying in Lagoon tower, you might find the Marina parking closer and pretty cheap if you're going out daily. It's $1/hour and you can add more time from your phone.

oneohana

TUG Member
Reaction score
I could have sworn that it states that the parking passes are non transferable.

When we bought our parking pass last year, I had to provide my rental car license plate and I told them when I was checking out.

JMHO... I think this is a bad idea. I would hate to lose this option due to abuse of the rules.

+1 My fil asked for our card once. Just told him no. Never asked for it again.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There's an office where you pay. If you're staying in Lagoon tower, you might find the Marina parking closer and pretty cheap if you're going out daily. It's $1/hour and you can add more time from your phone.

Does the marina parking allow for overnight?

I didnt think the Hale Koa walk was too long. I cut through the village and exited out by the Kalia/Grand Islander

JulieAB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Does the marina parking allow for overnight?

I didnt think the Hale Koa walk was too long. I cut through the village and exited out by the Kalia/Grand Islander
Yes, it's a 24 hour lot. When I parked at Hale Koa, it took me about 15 min to walk to the van and drive back to pick up the family. But if you're paying $180 to just use a pass for a week, the marina still might be a better deal because you only pay for the hours you're actually using it.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's a 24 hour lot. When I parked at Hale Koa, it took me about 15 min to walk to the van and drive back to pick up the family. But if you're paying $180 to just use a pass for a week, the marina still might be a better deal because you only pay for the hours you're actually using it.

Thanks do you think the walk is that much closer to the marina if you're staying at the Lagoon Tower?

JulieAB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks do you think the walk is that much closer to the marina if you're staying at the Lagoon Tower?
It's half the walk. That blue dot was our unit, but the elevators drop you in the middle of the building.
20180707_164052.png

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's half the walk. That blue dot was our unit, but the elevators drop you in the middle of the building.
View attachment 7518

Thanks! Good to know for the next trip. Pretty cool that you can add time via phone!

I just looked at it in google maps with a "walk through view" and looks super convenient. I'll probably do that instead of Hale Koa next time. also very convenient to getting to lobby for picking people up. thanks again!!

Last edited:

JulieAB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

tompalm

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Lagoon tower is close to the marina. But if staying in the new timeshare Hilton just built, the Hale Koa is a lot closer. For 10 nights, the Hilton would cost $350, Hale Koa would be $180. If you stay two weeks are more, the price difference is even better.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Lagoon tower is close to the marina. But if staying in the new timeshare Hilton just built, the Hale Koa is a lot closer. For 10 nights, the Hilton would cost $350, Hale Koa would be $180. If you stay two weeks are more, the price difference is even better.

HHV parking is now @ $43 self parking or $50 valet per day.

blueblade

TUG Member
Reaction score
Had parked my Hertz rental from Ilikai at the Ali Wai Harbor. The Hertz rep recommended it over the Hilton parking and said the police patrol there often. $1/hour works out great, but car rentals are crazy expensive due to taxes in Hawaii. I normally have a heavily discounted rate with my CDP everywhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Had parked my Hertz rental from Ilikai at the Ali Wai Harbor. The Hertz rep recommended it over the Hilton parking and said the police patrol there often. $1/hour works out great, but car rentals are crazy expensive due to taxes in Hawaii. I normally have a heavily discounted rate with my CDP everywhere else.

Have you tried Costco? I was able to rent a Suburban for 9 days for about $450. I thought this was a steal.

blueblade

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. Will try Costco next trip.