• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI: 8 week rule Vacation Villages group

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I think this may be new or at least I never noticed it before:
RCI 8 Week Rule under Important Information.

Additional Information
There is an 8 week limit per calendar year to any combination of the following Berkley resorts: 1504, 4940, 4025, 5773, 7559, 6923, 6389, and 6057.
The 8 week rule applies to any and all reservations: Weeks, Points, Developer bonus weeks, all rental reservations (extra vacations, last call, nightly stays, etc.) and any other program offered by RCI, and applies to all member types including Berkley owners. Confirmations with guest certificates will count towards the 8 week limit.

For what it's worth the 8 resorts affected by the 8 week rule are:

Canada House Beach Club (#1504)
Pompano Beach, FL 33062, USA

Grandview at Las Vegas (#6923)
Las Vegas, NV 89183, USA

Mizner Place (#7559)
Weston, FL 33326, USA

The Cliffs at Peace Canyon (#6389)
Las Vegas, NV 89147, USA

Vacation Village at Bonaventure (#4025)
Weston, FL 33326, USA

Vacation Village at Parkway (#4940)
Kissimmee, FL 34747, USA

Vacation Village at Weston (#5773)
Weston, FL 33326, USA

Vacation Village in the Berkshires (#6057)
Hancock, MA 01237, USA

There are a combined 4565 units available in weeks alone at these resorts currently sitting in RCI inventory.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Seems kind of counterproductive and aimed at snowbirds.
I went to an "Update" recently in Weston and it was packed with snowbirds doing the update.

Why would a snowbird buy if they couldn't have their nest there? Or maybe they don't tell them that til it's too late. :annoyed:

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Insert above sounds to me like it's just applicable to inventory acquired via RCI. But it also applies to owners (I'm assuming they mean owners who acquire additional inventory via RCI).

iwanttoflyaway

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any additional or more current information about this? I think I've seen references on here (I think by Jan) that this applies to all Vacation Village affiliated properties, but this is the only actual reference I can find anywhere.

Oddly, searching that exact phrase on Google pulls up absolutely nothing. We'd be interested in using many weeks, in conjunction with our internal discount, but I'm concerned about this limit. We recently purchased two weeks units (which we plan to lock off into four weeks) and intend to buy more. What happens if we end up with five ownerships, for a total of ten weeks??

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Anyone have any additional or more current information about this? I think I've seen references on here (I think by Jan) that this applies to all Vacation Village affiliated properties, but this is the only actual reference I can find anywhere.

Oddly, searching that exact phrase on Google pulls up absolutely nothing. We'd be interested in using many weeks, in conjunction with our internal discount, but I'm concerned about this limit. We recently purchased two weeks units (which we plan to lock off into four weeks) and intend to buy more. What happens if we end up with five ownerships, for a total of ten weeks??
It is an rci rule- or at least it was. Using your own weeks it won't apply but if you take say your 4/8 weeks and deposit those or use as points and then book 8 exchanges total among the affiliates, and then book another exchange, it either won't let you or will cancel the 9th and subsequent.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
The old stipulation about the 8 week rule no longer appears on RCI now. I noticed this change sometime earlier this year but don't know when it changed. I didn't check all the resorts in the Vacation Village family just Grandview Las Vegas, Vacation Village at Parkway and the Weston resorts.

Since you can almost always find stays at some of the Vacation Village properties I've always wondered why they would have limitations on the number of weeks per year you can stay. I could see limitations at the Florida properties as people will come for the winter in Florida. I've also wondered why they have a 1 in 3 limit at Orange Lake in Orlando. This is another resort that you can always find discounted point stays at. Apparently Vacation Village wised up so maybe there is hope for HIVC.

The following is copied and pasted from the resort information on the RCI points website: Non-RCI Members or guests of non-RCI members, you or anyone in your party can only stay a combined total of 2 weeks (or utilize 2 units) per 12 month period within the following group of resorts: Vacation Village At Weston (#5773), Vacation Village at Bonaventure (#4025), Mizner Place (#7559). Violations will be cancelled, no exceptions.

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
This is only for points? We have stayed many times at VV in Weston and we stayed in Berkshire Mountain Lodge in May. DD is staying at VV at Weston in September. I haven’t had any problem staying there but I use TPU and extra vacations.
Silentg

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
This is only for points? We have stayed many times at VV in Weston and we stayed in Berkshire Mountain Lodge in May. DD is staying at VV at Weston in September. I haven’t had any problem staying there but I use TPU and extra vacations.
Silentg

I was hoping someone would log into their weeks account and see if it says the same thing for the resorts I checked.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was hoping someone would log into their weeks account and see if it says the same thing for the resorts I checked.
I looked Mizner Place with point account and week account and both say the same thing
Non-RCI Members or guests of non-RCI members,you or anyone in your party can only stay a combined total of 2 weeks (or utilize 2 units) per 12 month period within the following group of resorts: Vacation Village At Weston (#5773), Vacation Village at Bonaventure (#4025), Mizner Place (#7559). Violations will be cancelled, no exceptions. Min age check-in is 21.

Last edited:

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
The old stipulation about the 8 week rule no longer appears on RCI now. I noticed this change sometime earlier this year but don't know when it changed. I didn't check all the resorts in the Vacation Village family just Grandview Las Vegas, Vacation Village at Parkway and the Weston resorts.

Since you can almost always find stays at some of the Vacation Village properties I've always wondered why they would have limitations on the number of weeks per year you can stay. I could see limitations at the Florida properties as people will come for the winter in Florida. I've also wondered why they have a 1 in 3 limit at Orange Lake in Orlando. This is another resort that you can always find discounted point stays at. Apparently Vacation Village wised up so maybe there is hope for HIVC.

The following is copied and pasted from the resort information on the RCI points website: Non-RCI Members or guests of non-RCI members, you or anyone in your party can only stay a combined total of 2 weeks (or utilize 2 units) per 12 month period within the following group of resorts: Vacation Village At Weston (#5773), Vacation Village at Bonaventure (#4025), Mizner Place (#7559). Violations will be cancelled, no exceptions.

Jan Doc on the Grandview FB page awhile back mentioned this was changed for owners. If memory serves me right he said their was no limit to owners now.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Jan Doc on the Grandview FB page awhile back mentioned this was changed for owners. If memory serves me right he said their was no limit to owners now.

When we stayed at Grandview for the first time this Spring we went to a presentation. We were told there was no limit but having sat through a number of Wyndham sales presentations and updates I wasn't about to believe anything a salesperson said. When I checked it out online afterwards I couldn't find anything about the old 8 week stipulation.

I talked my husband into agreeing to the sales presentation. I wanted to know what the big deal is with the Vacation Village Plus thing and if it offers anything worth having that we don't get with the RCI platinum. The answer for us is no for what you pay to get it when you can get resale deeds so cheap. The lunch buffet at Southpoint was included. After we finished eating the salesman gave us the grand tour of Southpoint and Grandview. We wouldn't have explored Southpoint nearly as much on our own nor learned about all the things there are to do there besides gamble. My husband gave me the "you've got to be kidding me" look when I said I wanted us to do the presentation but I got the "who are you and what have you done with my wife" look when I told him I wanted us to pay the $50 to get 2 tickets to Mystere and 2 dinner buffets at Treasure Island instead of the $80 gift card they offered us. Owners at Grandview have a separate/better list of things they can choose from when they do a presentation. My husband had never seen a Cirque du Soleil production before, we had fantastic seats and we both really enjoyed it. We also enjoyed the buffet at TI. It was a nice treat for us as we don't do dinner buffets anymore. They've gotten more expensive and are a waste of money for me as I very rarely manage to finish my meal when we eat out and my husband says he doesn't need that second plate that he will go back for at a buffet. Btw I told my husband that there was no need to do a presentation there again, that is was a one time thing. He doesn't handle anything with our timeshares so his eyes were pretty well glazed over when the salesman was explaining the benefits of Vacation Village Plus but he did appreciate the tours Southpoint and the resort after lunch. And after the dinner and show at TI he said it was worth the time and was money very well spent.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Jan I think Doc is on the Grandview HOA, but not 100% sure but he seems to always address issues of owners to management. I have learned a bit joining his FB page for Grandview Owners

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
I always sit through a resort presentation in Vegas as I find the time to reward value great considering what some shows cost.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Ok, a combined two weeks would be a two week stay? Not a week at one and a week at another? Are you allowed 8 stays in a year as long as they are not two combined? I’m not understanding this‍♀️

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Ok, a combined two weeks would be a two week stay? Not a week at one and a week at another? Are you allowed 8 stays in a year as long as they are not two combined? I’m not understanding this‍♀️
They did away with the 8 week rule for owners.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
They did away with the 8 week rule for owners.
I’m not a VV owner, we like to stay at the Weston location and we stayed at Berkshire Mountain Lodge too. Our daughter is going to Weston in September, is there a 8 week or two week rule?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I’m not a VV owner, we like to stay at the Weston location and we stayed at Berkshire Mountain Lodge too. Our daughter is going to Weston in September, is there a 8 week or two week rule?

The way I read it is if you aren't an RCI member then you can't stay more than 2 weeks at the three Weston, FL resorts and it only applies to those three resorts. I believe it is still in a calendar year. There is no 8 week rule anymore.

Last edited:

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
If you have multiple RCI accounts you could have non owners stay more as it is only tracked by RCI account number per my understanding.

But if your an RCI owner from the new verbiage you should be fine for your own visits.