• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MEMBER-EXCLUSIVE - Saturday 21st of July.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi

I just read online that hgvc have a member exclusive this upcoming Saturday. Anyone know what this is about?

From the website:
MEMBER-EXCLUSIVE INVENTORY SPECIALS: We are currently working on delivering you new offers on special inventory available at select HGV resorts. Check back Saturday, 7/21/2018, for your chance to book one of these limited-time deals.

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Hi

I just read online that hgvc have a member exclusive this upcoming Friday. Anyone know what this is about?

From the website:
MEMBER-EXCLUSIVE INVENTORY SPECIALS: We are currently working on delivering you new offers on special inventory available at select HGV resorts. Check back Saturday, 7/21/2018, for your chance to book one of these limited-time deals.

But it also says (both Saturday)

SYSTEM OUTAGE: Due to system maintenance, all RCI phone, and web services will be unavailable starting Saturday, July 21, 2018, at 8:30 p.m. ET until Sunday, July 22, 2018, at 8:30 a.m. ET. We apologize for any inconvenience.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sticker on the HGVC site : MEMBER-EXCLUSIVE INVENTORY SPECIALS: We are currently working on delivering you new offers on special inventory available at select HGV resorts. Check back Saturday, 7/21/2018, for your chance to book one of these limited-time deals.

I am a new member Have they done this in the past? What should we expect?

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sticker on the HGVC site : MEMBER-EXCLUSIVE INVENTORY SPECIALS: We are currently working on delivering you new offers on special inventory available at select HGV resorts. Check back Saturday, 7/21/2018, for your chance to book one of these limited-time deals.

I am a new member Have they done this in the past? What should we expect?

I don't recall them doing this before, but my memory is suspect.
LOL

I'm guessing it'll be something like a "sell-off" list where there's probably near-term excess inventory that they will offer.

But that's a guess I pulled out of my you know where.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
This sounds intriguing. Sounds like a points/cash sale of open season and dev. inventory because they cannot do this with owner inventory during club/Home season.

Wondering if significant increases in Open Season pricing has caused owner demand to fall? I would imagine that Hilton Hotels takes their pound of flesh for renting via their site and it might be more profitable and beneficial to sell to owners.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
This sounds intriguing. Sounds like a points/cash sale of open season and dev. inventory because they cannot do this with owner inventory during club/Home season.

Wondering if significant increases in Open Season pricing has caused owner demand to fall? I would imagine that Hilton Hotels takes their pound of flesh for renting via their site and it might be more profitable and beneficial to sell to owners.

I would very much enjoy if it was open season rentals which they couldn’t unload during regular open season as prices has increased too much.

Anyone know how the split between hgvc and the HOA is for open season?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I don't consider Open Season anymore 1) because the prices have skyrocketed and I can usually do better with CC points and cash at hotels or II/RCI cash getaways; 2) 45 days is too short to plan reasonable airfare and work schedules.

I hope this has some interesting longer term deals that we can take advantage of - my DH is out of vacation for this year so limited to weekend trips that are close to home.

Last edited:

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I don't consider Open Season anymore 1) because the prices have skyrocketed and I can usually do better with CC points and cash at hotels or II/RCI cash getaways; 2) 45 days is too short to plan reasonable airfare and work schedules.

I hope this has some interesting longer term deals that we can take advantage of - my DH is out of vacation for this year so limited to weekend trips that are close to home.
Just a slight correction -- Open Season is 30 days out, not 45. I find it only useful to find an occasional ski outing at Valdoro since 1) it is a fairly close drive for me and 2) the cash rate can still be a decent deal during ski season compared to other accommodations. Other than Valdoro, I do not consider Open Season for the same reasons you listed.

Kurt

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@PigsDad oops thanks for correcting. 30 days is even worse. Sounds like a good way to get some ski weekends in. For us most locations are at least an 8 hour drive which burns too much of the weekend if we don't fly.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
My guess is they come up with some way to book stays with fewer points at resorts with excess capacity. Sort of like open season but with points instead of all cash.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
My guess is they come up with some way to book stays with fewer points at resorts with excess capacity. Sort of like open season but with points instead of all cash.

I would think that with the public ownership of HGVC they are looking at the bottom line. Where income needs to be increased. Points are not money even though they are value. I would guess they are going to have some special sale on "Open Season" at a reduced rates in Vegas and Orlando where there is lots of availability at certain times.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also hope that the 2 day last minute reservations will be open for points as well for a minimal online booking fee (say $20). Since the open season is not very popular now, i assume that many 2 day blocks go to waist.

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I assumed it was the thing I believe they have done in the past to offer deals to stay at new properties that aren't sold out yet.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
I assumed it was the thing I believe they have done in the past to offer deals to stay at new properties that aren't sold out yet.

That could be right. It works as an advertisement for the new properties as well as bringing in some income.

I also hope that the 2 day last minute reservations will be open for points as well for a minimal online booking fee (say $20). Since the open season is not very popular now, i assume that many 2 day blocks go to waist.

As I said earlier I believe the initiative will be to bring in more money to HGVC. Yogi Berra said in the Aflac Commercial "they give you cash, which is just as good as money". Points, while very valuable, are not just as good as money. By the way if they do give you substantial discounts on Open Season at resorts say 25% that would make them attractive again and using points may not be economically beneficial unless you have no use for them this year or next. We always use all our points or save them and use them the next year. I value them at close to a $1.00/point the way we use them, not based on the maintenance fees we pay which is less than $.20/point.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Perhaps they will expose some SW Florida inventory that has been deposited.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I would think that with the public ownership of HGVC they are looking at the bottom line. Where income needs to be increased. Points are not money even though they are value. I would guess they are going to have some special sale on "Open Season" at a reduced rates in Vegas and Orlando where there is lots of availability at certain times.

I am sure they will be doing something they believe will help the bottom line.

A special sale on open season is possible, but i would not expect that to require website update. I would expect they can adjust the prices on the fly, but one never knows how their development team set things up.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
That could be right. It works as an advertisement for the new properties as well as bringing in some income.

As I said earlier I believe the initiative will be to bring in more money to HGVC. Yogi Berra said in the Aflac Commercial "they give you cash, which is just as good as money". Points, while very valuable, are not just as good as money. .

From a balance sheet perspective, outstanding points are as good as money. Just like companies want to get excess owed vacation off their books, so companies like this very likely want to get outstanding points to go away. So, a point-discounted stay is very bottom-line valuable. Now,, just how valuable it is relative to cash I don't know. But certainly more than it might seem on surface.

Cheers.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I waited to book a getaway to see what will be offered. Soon enough we will know.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
The site has been sluggish at times this past week. I hope they’re ready for Saturday.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Get More as a Member
Visit this page for exclusive Club Member inventory opportunities and specials. Check back often to see the latest and greatest offers. And act fast − because these select deals are only available for a limited time on a first-come, first-served basis.

Find More Happily Ever After for Your Next Orlando Getaway
Make a running cannonball this fall for Orlando, Florida, where the water parks are refreshing, the theme parks are thrilling, and magic awaits around every corner. Plus enjoy Member-exclusive upgrades and bonuses to brighten your stay if you book your visit at select Orlando resorts during certain windows.

HILTON GRAND VACATIONS CLUB AT SEAWORLD
Stay between October 21 - 31, 2018 to receive a: COMPLIMENTARY UPGRADE PLUS A $100 VISA GIFT CARD
Book between July 21 and August 5, 2018

COMING SOON
Stay between November 1 - 15, 2018 to receive a: $200 VISA GIFT CARD
Book between August 6 and August 19, 2018

LAS PALMERAS, A HILTON GRAND VACATIONS CLUB
Stay between November 25 - December 2, 2018 to receive a:$200 VISA GIFT CARD
Book between August 25 and September 9, 2018

COMING SOON
Stay between December 7 - 17, 2018 to receive a:$200 VISA GIFT CARD
Book between September 10 and September 30, 2018

Subject to availability. Offers valid at Hilton Grand Vacations Club at SeaWorld and Las Palmeras, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club.

Reservations for Hilton Grand Vacations Club at SeaWorld must be booked July 21 - August 5, 2018 for stays occurring between October 21 - 31, 2018 (a minimum stay of 3 consecutive nights and maximum stay of 7 consecutive nights is required), and August 6 - 19, 2018 for stays occurring between November 1 - 15, 2018 (a minimum stay of 3 consecutive nights is required).

Member must use ClubPoints or Bonus Points to book and confirm reservation. Members booking a Studio room with ClubPoints or Bonus Points will receive a complimentary upgrade to a 1-bedroom Suite. Members booking a 1-bedroom Suite with ClubPoints or Bonus Points will receive a complimentary upgrade to a 2-bedroom Suite. Member will receive confirmation of the upgrade approximately 2 to 3 weeks after booking. Member will receive a $100 or $200 gift card per reservation, based on the offer they select. Member must visit the resort's Front Desk after check-in to receive their gift card.

Reservations for Las Palmeras, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club must be booked
August 25 - September 9, 2018 for stays occurring between November 25, 2018 and December 2, 2018, and September 10 - 30, 2018 for stays occurring between December 7 - 17, 2018. A minimum stay of 3 consecutive nights is required. Member will receive a $200 gift card per reservation. Member must visit the resort's Front Desk after check-in to receive their gift card.

Reservations do not include taxes, gratuities, or incidental charges (if applicable). Each resort's change and cancellation policy varies. Blackout dates, early departure fees, and deposit and cancellation restrictions may apply and vary by resort. Participating resorts are subject to change without notice. Offer components are non-transferable or redeemable for cash, and cannot be applied toward future stays. This offer may not be combined with other select promotions, offers or discounts and is not valid for groups.

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Get More as a Member
Visit this page for exclusive Club Member inventory opportunities and specials. Check back often to see the latest and greatest offers. And act fast − because these select deals are only available for a limited time on a first-come, first-served basis.

Find More Happily Ever After for Your Next Orlando Getaway
Make a running cannonball this fall for Orlando, Florida, where the water parks are refreshing, the theme parks are thrilling, and magic awaits around every corner. Plus enjoy Member-exclusive upgrades and bonuses to brighten your stay if you book your visit at select Orlando resorts during certain windows.

HILTON GRAND VACATIONS CLUB AT SEAWORLD
Stay between October 21 - 31, 2018 to receive a: COMPLIMENTARY UPGRADE PLUS A $100 VISA GIFT CARD
Book between July 21 and August 5, 2018

COMING SOON
Stay between November 1 - 15, 2018 to receive a: $200 VISA GIFT CARD
Book between August 6 and August 19, 2018

LAS PALMERAS, A HILTON GRAND VACATIONS CLUB
Stay between November 25 - December 2, 2018 to receive a:$200 VISA GIFT CARD
Book between August 25 and September 9, 2018

COMING SOON
Stay between December 7 - 17, 2018 to receive a:$200 VISA GIFT CARD
Book between September 10 and September 30, 2018

Subject to availability. Offers valid at Hilton Grand Vacations Club at SeaWorld and Las Palmeras, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club.

Reservations for Hilton Grand Vacations Club at SeaWorld must be booked July 21 - August 5, 2018 for stays occurring between October 21 - 31, 2018 (a minimum stay of 3 consecutive nights and maximum stay of 7 consecutive nights is required), and August 6 - 19, 2018 for stays occurring between November 1 - 15, 2018 (a minimum stay of 3 consecutive nights is required).

Member must use ClubPoints or Bonus Points to book and confirm reservation. Members booking a Studio room with ClubPoints or Bonus Points will receive a complimentary upgrade to a 1-bedroom Suite. Members booking a 1-bedroom Suite with ClubPoints or Bonus Points will receive a complimentary upgrade to a 2-bedroom Suite. Member will receive confirmation of the upgrade approximately 2 to 3 weeks after booking. Member will receive a $100 or $200 gift card per reservation, based on the offer they select. Member must visit the resort's Front Desk after check-in to receive their gift card.

Reservations for Las Palmeras, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club must be booked
August 25 - September 9, 2018 for stays occurring between November 25, 2018 and December 2, 2018, and September 10 - 30, 2018 for stays occurring between December 7 - 17, 2018. A minimum stay of 3 consecutive nights is required. Member will receive a $200 gift card per reservation. Member must visit the resort's Front Desk after check-in to receive their gift card.

Reservations do not include taxes, gratuities, or incidental charges (if applicable). Each resort's change and cancellation policy varies. Blackout dates, early departure fees, and deposit and cancellation restrictions may apply and vary by resort. Participating resorts are subject to change without notice. Offer components are non-transferable or redeemable for cash, and cannot be applied toward future stays. This offer may not be combined with other select promotions, offers or discounts and is not valid for groups.
Not for me.

With the four offers only one you can book now. Guess they are trying to get excitement and demand for these specials. It might reduce reservations for these dates that might have been made, instead those members are waiting for the special. Could get members upset if they wait and then can’t get a reservation.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
The offers are too disappointing to me. OTOH I don’t see this generating more revenue for HGVC as they are giving away Visacards which holds value and the only income is the booking fee.

I guesstimate other members will be disappointed too when they make a booking for these dates and don’t get the “special offer” cause if you don’t create a new reservation and pay a booking fee you get nothing. If you already have a reservation for ie. Vegas and modify if for Orlando for these dates you get nothing.