• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya pool for owners only

echoal

Reaction score
I was just looking at the booklet "Happiness Guide" that you get on check-in with the map and all the restaurents, activites schedule etc.
The Burger Custom Made it says Grand Luxxe Guests Only.

Attachments

• Grand Luxxe Burger.jpg
    Grand Luxxe Burger.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 101

tselios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just looking at the booklet "Happiness Guide" that you get on check-in with the map and all the restaurents, activites schedule etc.

We are Exchangers into grand Lux jungle through II. We could not use grand luxxe pool or eat at burgers custom made. Owners only. We were able to use beach club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I find it odd that they would close off a restaurant to paying customers. Is Burger Custom Made a small restaurant? Does it not have the capacity to handle guests from the rest of the resort?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
It’s fairly small, only open 11-5, and right by the GL pool.

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
It’s fairly small, only open 11-5, and right by the GL pool.
And usually our first stop after checkin.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you make the GL pool for any group of people, Burger Custom Made has to be for that same group. They are essentially the same place.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
We canceled our Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya Jungle Suite exchange trip after reading this thread. Now we are using points plus cash to stay at Ritz Carlton in a 1 bedroom ocean front suite for 3 nights and at the Intercontinental ocean front Club level (top floor with balcony) room for 4 nights. Total cost with breakfast and evening snacks and drinks is approx $1200 including taxes vs $1075 at Grand Luxxe plus taxes without any food or ocean front views. Plus Intercontinental, while an older hotel, is on the best beach in Cancun/Riviera Maya because it is protected from waves and currents due to the way the island is curved. Everywhere else in Cancun/Riviera Maya is rocky or has rough waters even the Ritz Carlton. Otherwise, we would have stayed at the Ritz Carlton for the week. They gave us an excellent deal to stay in the 1 bedroom Ocean Front Suite for the week but we declined because we want to go back to the Intercontinental's most beautiful beach. It is almost as great as Bora Bora and Tahaa in French Polynesia but only in that little section in front of the Intercontinental. If Grand Luxxe were not limiting exchanger benefits, we would have stayed there because we were so looking forward to using their Beach Club. We could care less about the Burger place. We do not eat burgers.

Last edited:

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
We canceled our Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya Jungle Suite exchange trip after reading this thread. Now we are using points plus cash to stay at Ritz Carlton in a 1 bedroom ocean front suite for 3 nights and at the Intercontinental ocean front Club level (top floor with balcony) room for 4 nights. Total cost with breakfast and evening snacks and drinks is approx $1200 including taxes vs $1075 at Grand Luxxe plus taxes without any food or ocean front views. Plus Intercontinental, while an older hotel, is on the best beach in Cancun/Riviera Maya because it is protected from waves and currents due to the way the island is curved. Everywhere else in Cancun/Riviera Maya is rocky or has rough waters even the Ritz Carlton. Otherwise, we would have stayed at the Ritz Carlton for the week. They gave us an excellent deal to stay in the 1 bedroom Ocean Front Suite for the week but we declined because we want to go back to the Intercontinental's most beautiful beach. It is almost as great as Bora Bora and Tahaa in French Polynesia but only in that little section in front of the Intercontinental. If Grand Luxxe were not limiting exchanger benefits, we would have stayed there because we were so looking forward to using their Beach Club. We could care less about the Burger place. We do not eat burgers.
Their beach club is not great. IMHO not having access to Custom burger is a loss. They have things other than burgers and it was nice using the pool and eating there. We just canceled an exchange because we wouldn’t be able to use the pool.

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Their beach club is not great. IMHO not having access to Custom burger is a loss. They have things other than burgers and it was nice using the pool and eating there. We just canceled an exchange because we wouldn’t be able to use the pool.

What companies are doing exchanges that can be so easily cancelled?

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)

They all can be pretty easily cancelled. The question is how much money you’re comfortable forfeiting.

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They all can be pretty easily cancelled. The question is how much money you’re comfortable forfeiting.[/QUOTE

Anyway to cancel exchange without losing money?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Some people though II may have added EPlus and can retrade three times for free. With a cancellation, at least in II, you end up with a cancellation replacement and just need to pay a new exchange fee to go elsewhere. So you are out at most $199.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
They all can be pretty easily cancelled. The question is how much money you’re comfortable forfeiting.

I paid $99 to ICE Rewards so I could cancel up to 30 days out. I lose $99 plus some small service fee. I doubt I will ever book through ICE Rewards again. They have the worst customer service ever and fought with me about canceling and would not give me a cancelation number.

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
it was only the spa that was off limits unless you had a treatment booked

We were able to use the spa facility without having any treatment. In the Spatium, there is a common area with whirlpool, sauna, steam room, and another area for GL guests with spa appointments. The common area is free for GL guests but reservation is required. This is our experience in September 2017. I don't know if they change the rules now.

echoal

Reaction score
We were able to use the spa facility without having any treatment. In the Spatium, there is a common area with whirlpool, sauna, steam room, and another area for GL guests with spa appointments. The common area is free for GL guests but reservation is required. This is our experience in September 2017. I don't know if they change the rules now.
That is correct you need to sign up at Brio or Spatium. It is just to control the number of people in the common area at one paticular time.

lorribarnes

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I got my answer. As of April 2nd, guests coming into Vidanta properties on an II certificate are going to be charged $30 per person per day, increasing from $11 per person per day. That is $60 per day per couple, $420 for the week. Good thing it's just the two of us. It's my fault for booking this not knowing the fees, and expecting that if there were any fees they would be reasonable. Lesson learned. If I knew my cost was going to be almost $800 for the week instead of $350 I would have just paid more to book WLR or even book Aruba which also had some nice resort selections for the accommodations certificate.

I'll make sure I highlight this on my II post trip survey and will write a letter to II when we return. Fees at $30 per person per day need to be highlighted more prominently in some way in the main search, similar to the way II prominently warns about the additional all inclusive fees charged by some resorts with the blue plus sign in the circle.

If you booked before April 2nd you will only pay the 11 per person..

Lingber

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Plantation, Hyatt Sunset Harbor
That is correct you need to sign up at Brio or Spatium. It is just to control the number of people in the common area at one paticular time.

We stayed at Grand Luxxe in March and they would not allow us to use the common areas in Spatium without a booked treatment. In fact we were told we had one hour complimentary use prior to massages. Maybe they changed the rules again after we left......??? They seem to change them frequently.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Thanks. Does it mean GB guests have 2 color bands, for owners and non-owners?

Yes - at GB if you have an owner band the "doohickey" is orange and if you are an exchanger - it is gray.

If you are the guest of an owner who paid MF, and you came instead, then you get the owner band.

lawduck

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question: Is it just Grand Luxxe Jungle exchangers that have been denied access to the Grand Luxxe pool, or all Grand Luxxe exchangers? If it's just Jungle, that makes more sense, as it is (kind of) a lower level than full Grand Luxxe.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Question: Is it just Grand Luxxe Jungle exchangers that have been denied access to the Grand Luxxe pool, or all Grand Luxxe exchangers? If it's just Jungle, that makes more sense, as it is (kind of) a lower level than full Grand Luxxe.
It is all Grand Luxxe exchangers. Only Grand Luxxe owners or those staying in the owners reserved units get access to the pool.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
It’s all GL exchangers, or was when I was there in the spring.

mike53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner (2)
OBBR (2)
Island Seas (2)
Grand Luxxe
We are new GL owners and have a reservation for our GL unit for next June. Also I will be going there in February using an II trade. Being an owner but staying in February as a trade will I be allowed to use the GL pool and beach area?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are new GL owners and have a reservation for our GL unit for next June. Also I will be going there in February using an II trade. Being an owner but staying in February as a trade will I be allowed to use the GL pool and beach area?

They will typically offer you the owners’ version of the wristbands in exchange for attending a update/sales pitch - that will get you access to the pool.

We’re planning on being down there in February, too, so might run into you.