• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is a supplemental week? Interval International

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently called VRI to have my September weeks at Towncenter at Jackson deposited with II. I am noticing on my II account it says "supplemental week". Anyone know what this means?
Thanks!

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
A supplemental week means you did not have a slot in your account available for the deposit. This can happen if you own multiple weeks of the same type but only 1 was added to II. It can also happen if you somehow got an extra reservation at your resort. Another reason can be if the lock-off is not programmed correctly in II so when you split and deposit one the other side does not show as available to deposit. Basically any scenario where you cannot see a unit to physically make a deposit on your own. The rep can't do it either but they have the ability to do a "supplemental" deposit.

This deposit type is the exact same as if it was tied to a unit in your account. There is no difference.

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
LMD I would urge you to attempt making an exchange with your supplemental week to see if it is indeed the same as your usual regular week. I get a supplemental week with a Wk 52 I own when there is a Wk 53 in the year, and while it is almost as good as the Wk 52 it does not pull everything.

But I have a real problem with a different supplemental week I got last year - due to a snafu on the resort end, they rejected my II deposit, and by the time I got the stupid postcard from II saying my deposit had been canceled, it put me into restricted deposit timing. I got the situation straightened out with my resort which for some reason showed my MF as past due when they had been paid. By the time I provided them with copies of my canceled check and they got it all figured out, my real unit was apparently gone and they then deposited a supplemental unit into II for me. I never assumed there would be a problem with it, and so never bothered to check out what the unit would do for me. However, after almost a year I was ready to make an ongoing request with it, I discovered that this supplemental unit is restricted to looking only 30 days in advance! If I had caught this right away I would have raised hell because the error was all on the part of my resort, but since I let it sit as it was for so long nobody is willing to do anything about it. Sorry for being so long-winded, but this is all to say - check out what the unit will do for you lol.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is odd because a 30 restricted deposit is from a 7-13 day out cancellation or supervisor approved deposit. Did you really try and deposit at 60+ but it didn’t get straightened out until 7-13 days from check-in?

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I tried at 60+ (but barely) and it took about 3 weeks to get the card from II saying it had been rejected. Then it was phone tag with the resort trying to determine why they rejected the deposit. I don't recall exactly how long it took after that but it was at least another week. I should not have been penalized at all, let alone cut down to the 30 restricted. It was my fault though for not playing with the deposit to see what I had ended up with. I just let it sit there for a year. Resort says the restriction is on II's end. II says it's because of the type of deposit made by the resort. Neither entity was interested in helping to get it corrected.

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
A supplemental week means you did not have a slot in your account available for the deposit. This can happen if you own multiple weeks of the same type but only 1 was added to II. It can also happen if you somehow got an extra reservation at your resort. Another reason can be if the lock-off is not programmed correctly in II so when you split and deposit one the other side does not show as available to deposit. Basically any scenario where you cannot see a unit to physically make a deposit on your own. The rep can't do it either but they have the ability to do a "supplemental" deposit.

This deposit type is the exact same as if it was tied to a unit in your account. There is no difference.
Thanks, makes sense. This was the first time I had deposited this particular week with II. I own another week at the same resort that I have been depositing with II for the past several years.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, makes sense. This was the first time I had deposited this particular week with II. I own another week at the same resort that I have been depositing with II for the past several years.

If you did not add the new week into your II account then they have no record that you own it. II's system was designed to tie deposits to specific ownership weeks. Fortunately they do not actually follow through with how the system was designed because it is too confusing to track all the exceptions of all resorts and systems. Because of this and their ability to add "supplemental deposits" you only need one week at the same resort in II, although having to call to deposit is sometimes a pain.