• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Reviews

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a member of RCI and I'm frustrated when trying to read reviews on a property that I'm interested in. How in the world do I get rid of TripAdvisor reviews? I want to hear reviews from RCI members. Is that option still available or has all RCI reviews gone to TripAdvisor?

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I am a member of RCI and I'm frustrated when trying to read reviews on a property that I'm interested in. How in the world do I get rid of TripAdvisor reviews? I want to hear reviews from RCI members. Is that option still available or has all RCI reviews gone to TripAdvisor?
On the review page there is a box that says "RCI reviews". Check that box and it will apply a filter to show the RCI reviews only.

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Katherine, but when I check the RCI Reviews box it takes me right to Trip Advisor reviews. I can't understand why this is happening.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Thanks Katherine, but when I check the RCI Reviews box it takes me right to Trip Advisor reviews. I can't understand why this is happening.
Weird. I checked it before I posted. I used some random resort in South America and once I filtered out the tripadvisor reviews, it stated that there were no RCI reviews so it seemed to be working on my end. It it happening on all resorts or are you looking at a specific resort?

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)

I noticed the same thing when searching RCI Extra Vacations the other day. When I go to an available resort and click on Reviews all I get is Trip Advisor reviews, even when I check the box "RCI Member Reviews". I am finding it very frustrating as I prefer to read timeshare owner reviews rather than read about people complaining about no room service or other non-timeshare issues.

Maybe we should bombard RCI with complaints about their review sections (Haha -like that would make a difference!).

~Diane

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
I found it best just to go to trip advisor for reviews.

Maybe Wyndham’s top notch programmers will fix RCI bugs someday, without creating new ones hopefully.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I found it best just to go to trip advisor for reviews.

Maybe Wyndham’s top notch programmers will fix RCI bugs someday, without creating new ones hopefully.

rim-shot-johnny-utah.jpg

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe the tripadvisor reviews are rated higher than their actual RCI timeshare owners reviews. :ponder:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Maybe the tripadvisor reviews are rated higher than their actual RCI timeshare owners reviews. :ponder:
Is it possible RCI is getting paid by TripAdvisor?

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Is it possible RCI is getting paid by TripAdvisor?
Anything is possible - I always find it funny when I can't make a reservation I want in my timeshare system(s). But I can go to RCI and sometimes find it.