• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott- Transfer Linkage of Ownership to Spouse's MRP Account

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I know I have seen a thread that contains this, but I can't find it.

Our timeshare ownership is currently linked to my MRP account. However, we want to make it possible for my DW to redeem her MRP's for a 5 night package, so she can have the FF miles put it her FF account. IIRC we can transfer the linkage for ownership from my account to her's. Is that correct? Can we do it for just a short temporary time in order to complete the redemption for the 5 night package and then transfer the linkage back to my account?

Any other considerations?

Thank you.

Mike

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you own a unit jointly then the owner number is a joint account. If you have some just for you, and some joint, then you would have two owner numbers. The problem is that even with a joint account there can only be one primary name and rewards number. I doubt the primary can be changed but it doesn't hurt to call and ask.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually I think the answer is your wife needs her own user login account with MVCI. When you log in with yours you are primary and you can see only the weeks with your name on it. If she get's her own login I am thinking maybe then she would be primary but I am not certain on that.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
I know I have seen a thread that contains this, but I can't find it.

Our timeshare ownership is currently linked to my MRP account. However, we want to make it possible for my DW to redeem her MRP's for a 5 night package, so she can have the FF miles put it her FF account. IIRC we can transfer the linkage for ownership from my account to her's. Is that correct? Can we do it for just a short temporary time in order to complete the redemption for the 5 night package and then transfer the linkage back to my account?

Any other considerations?

Thank you.

Mike

I know you cannot do it yourself by editing your profile on the MVCI account. That is not a field you can edit. I believe you can do it over the phone with MVCI, but I am not certain. We changed our MR account on file from mine to DW a couple of years ago (so she could get the Platinum status as I had earned my lifetime status 'the hard way'.) We did it in person at an MVCI sales center during a stay at our home resort. We still log in using my info, but her MR number appears now. Hopefully, they will not ask you to appear in person.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You have a very short window of opportunity once per year to change the MR number linked with your MVC ownership.
I received an email on 20th December 2017 (extract below) and as I had reached Lifetime Platinum status I changed the linked MR account to my wife’s.
She previously had no MR Elite status, but now also has Platinum status.

“Thank you for your continued loyalty as a Member of the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations® Exchange Program. We are happy to inform you that your existing Marriott Rewards® account ending with XXX will be upgraded to PLATINUM status in late February based on your current Owner Benefit Level with Marriott Vacation Club®.

If you prefer to upgrade a different existing Marriott Rewards account that is listed on your Marriott Vacation Club account, please click the "Update Information" button below and submit your change prior to December 28, 2017 to be eligible for the upgrade.”

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Thanks kds4 and Barry.

I spoke with a rep at MVCI. Our ownership is under our family trust and both my DW and I are listed as trustees on our account. So, she added my DW's MRP account number to her profile and in a couple days, once the systems update, I should be able to call back and order the 5 night package through them. Interestingly, she indicated that owners should order their packages by calling MVCI rather than the rewards program as they are more informed in how to redeem points for that purpose. Based on my experience with a recent redemption I would agree. Hopefully all goes as planned in a couple days.

I will call back afterwards and make sure I am listed as the primary as we want future linkage to be with me for Platinum level benefits.

Best regards.

Mike

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Actually I think the answer is your wife needs her own user login account with MVCI. When you log in with yours you are primary and you can see only the weeks with your name on it. If she get's her own login I am thinking maybe then she would be primary but I am not certain on that.
This works for us. My wife and I each have our own MVCI website profile. Hers has her MR number on it and mine has mine. Only one of us can get the Gold upgrade because of our DC ownership status, but either of us can book 5 night travel packages based on our ownership.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This works for us. My wife and I each have our own MVCI website profile. Hers has her MR number on it and mine has mine. Only one of us can get the Gold upgrade because of our DC ownership status, but either of us can book 5 night travel packages based on our ownership.
Do you get 2 separate owner numbers or just one? I could not create one for my husband using my owner id/number.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting, as I was online with a Chairman's Club rep and she said to call Marriott Rewards for five and seven day packages. Go figure...

I ordered a 5 day a week or two ago via Presidential MVCI rep and it took close to zero time, so easy, she knew everything about them. There was simply no wait time. Compare this to all the reports of massive wait times on the MR line!

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
There is no need to even worry about account numbers, linking accounts, etc. If your wife is an owner on any Marriott timeshare she can get a 5-night travel package in her Marriott Rewards account. The MVCI reps can see her ownership and you will have no problems ordering the package. I know this from personal experience on more than one occasion.

ann824

TUG Member
Reaction score
Iif you want points and credit for nights to go to wife you have to change it We just did this recently. You can call them and ask them to change it. Just took a couple of days. I think it can only be changed once a year.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you can change it at any time but the status upgrade is one a year.