• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

OGS and 2019 MFs

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I understand now that in order to use a 2019 Vistana week for an ongoing search in II, you first have to pay in advance the maintenance fees for 2019 at least for the week/contract you would use in case of a match. Is this correct?

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
Yes, to place a OGS (without depositing first), you have to pay your maintenance fee.
To just look through II at available exchanges, you don't have to pay.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi Danny - I moved your question to the VSE forum, because VSE resorts have different exchanging rules that other resorts, and you will get more accurate answers from VSE owners.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
is there an easy "hack" to put a number of resorts in the OGS? In the getaways search for example, i have a list of resort codes separated by comas, i put them in the search space and click search. Pretty easy. With the OGS, the moment i put several codes, the system adds resorts in the same areas, some that i know nothing about or just not interested in and this make the process very frustrating.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
is there an easy "hack" to put a number of resorts in the OGS? In the getaways search for example, i have a list of resort codes separated by comas, i put them in the search space and click search. Pretty easy. With the OGS, the moment i put several codes, the system adds resorts in the same areas, some that i know nothing about or just not interested in and this make the process very frustrating.
You have to put one in at a time, in fact it will show suggestions in the drop down.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
can you edit or add to the OGS using the same deposit? if you add to the OGS, do you have to pay the exchange fee again?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
You can edit and you would only pay an additional fee if the exchange fee is higher. For example if you originally requested all Vistana properties and got the discounted exchange rate and then added non vistana options you would have to pay the difference.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
can you edit or add to the OGS using the same deposit?
YES

if you add to the OGS, do you have to pay the exchange fee again?
NO

One exception - you get a exchange fee discount for VSE to VSE requests. If you add a resort to your request that is not a VSE resort, you will have to pay the difference in the fee. If eventually you do exchange for a VSE resort, you still have to pay the higher fee, you don't get a refund of the difference.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Another exception would be if II raised the exchange fee after you made your first request. Your standing OGS would get the original exchange fee if you add anything then you would have to pay the then current fee.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
YES

NO

One exception - you get a exchange fee discount for VSE to VSE requests. If you add a resort to your request that is not a VSE resort, you will have to pay the difference in the fee. If eventually you do exchange for a VSE resort, you still have to pay the higher fee, you don't get a refund of the difference.
it sounds good. From what i read on thd Rci forum ( i will be a member soon through HGVC) there is on fee for each OGS but people found a way to avoid it altogether and pay only when they match. some report to have 10 open so they do not want to pay 10 times in advance for what will eventually be 1 match

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
if you add later to the OGS, do you keep the initial priority (at least for the resorts/dates you do not change) or it is like starting from scratch?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You keep the original priority.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You may or may not keep the same priority. With II it is hard to say. I have had agents say that there is a separate priority for each exchange requested based on the time while others have said it was based on the original request. For a weeks owner the date the search started is a tie breaker but if someone with a stronger unit request after you they still will get the exchange before you. So if you start an ongoing search with a platinum one bedroom say in Colorado for week X at Resort Z and then someone 5 months later starts an ongoing search using a platinum 2 bedroom unit at the same resort as you requesting the same thing. Then 2 days later someone deposits week X at Resort Z. The two of you happen to be the only ones who requested that week. It doesn't matter that you requested months earlier, II gives it to the stronger deposit. Not if you both had deposited a 1 BR at the same resort then you would have gotten the exchange. If you both deposited a 1 BR and you requested first but the second person deposited at a resort that II considers a more desirable deposit then person 2 gets it. So who knows when the priority starts when you add resorts and who knows how important the date is in factoring priority.