• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Questions on WKORV resale transfer and booking.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Hi!

Status: I'm in the middle of a resale transfer for WKORV OFD; the contract has passed ROFR, the documents are all signed and notarized and we're just waiting on the Hawaii tax form to come back before sending the package to Vistana. I'll email the package to Vistana to try and speed along, but that probably won't help much.

Problem: Because my access to reserve the unit will probably not occur until August earliest, I'd like to have the sellers make a 2019 reservation in July (June if I got lucky) for better rental opportunities. We do Hawaii in JAN/FEB and can't really use a 2019 reservation; we don't want to fiddle with SO booking, we have excess weeks to burn next year.

Question: Do the sellers still have the capability to make the reservation for me? When does this ability get frozen? Is there a better solution? HELP!!!

Thanks in advance. So very excited for 2020!!!

jordathyspg

Reaction score
I think the current sellers have the ability to reserve a reservation for you as long as their name shows up in the system on Vistana's end. We just did this with a WKV unit, for reference it took VSN almost exactly 4 weeks from receiving the paperwork to change over the ownership in their system.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Thanks that answers my question perfectly

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks that answers my question perfectly

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
taterhed, If I recall correctly, you previously mentioned that Syed helped you with your purchase? We were in a similar situation, and Syed asked the seller to make a reservation for us. It worked out perfectly. Good luck!

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Syed is indeed a great guy. Helped me a bunch.
I did not purchase thru Syed; I stumbled on a great deal with another broker.
The broker is working with me to reach out to the sellers.
I just wasn't sure how quick Vistana locks the account in relation to receipt of the paperwork.

Based on several responses I've had, I think it will work out. A lot of this depends on how savvy the sellers are about making reservations and if they'll take the effort required to make the reservation for me.

Thanks everyone for the inputs so far....

Anne&Jim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali Villas North OF (annual)
Westin Kaanapali Villas North (annual)
Westin Kaanapali Villas North (bi-annual)
Westin Mission Hills (annual)
Cliff Club at Snowbird (annual)
The Ridge at Tahoe (annual)
So did you share in another thread the details of your purchase that passed ROFR? We would love to know —

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Yes, I posted in the ROFR thread: $21K for WKORV OFD, annual.

Very happy.

Anne&Jim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali Villas North OF (annual)
Westin Kaanapali Villas North (annual)
Westin Kaanapali Villas North (bi-annual)
Westin Mission Hills (annual)
Cliff Club at Snowbird (annual)
The Ridge at Tahoe (annual)
Yes, I posted in the ROFR thread: $21K for WKORV OFD, annual.

Very happy.

Congrats! That’s a lovely resort and very popular floor plan/view!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richierich2

TUG Member
Reaction score
How did that pass through Vistana First right of refusal?

Congrats!

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
funny enough..... I saw one listed @ $20k and asked DW if we could buy....she said yes.
When I went back to make offer and get details (I figured there was a catch; high closing, unpaid MF's something), it was gone. SOLD!

Ugh.

Next day, I saw it listed again. I though huh, must have fallen thru. I contacted the seller....nope, its another one. Duplicate. Really?
This one was $21k with no hitches.
I waited till the ROFR came back on the first one (that sold the week prior) guessing I'd need to pump up the offer.
Suprise! It passed.
I sent mine in with fingers crossed at $21k (plus a few hundred closing) and it passed too!!!
Go figure.