• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Purchases The Quin - 4th property in NYC

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thanks for sharing.

Interesting. It appears that the Quin is just across the street from W57 (102 W57th St.), Quin (101 W57th St.).

The Quin.PNG

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
The CEO in the article said that this "fits with their strategy.' So far it appears that HGVC is doubling-down on their city presence and by Hilton Club brand. With the exception of Ocean Towers, they don't seem to be as aggressive on their beach acquisitions e.g. no Maui, no Kauai, no Ko Olina.

We were told by a sales rep that they were going to add another Honolulu location soon, but it will not be a beach location - similar to Hokulani. This may cater to their Australasian clientele who travel to Honolulu to shop. We met an Australian who said that said that it is cheaper to fly to HI than to cross Australia, and Australian brands such as Quicksilver and RipCurl are significantly cheaper in HI than Australia. She told us she went to the outlet stores and purchased 100 pounds of clothes to take home!

Last edited:

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Yeah, don’t know if I like the increased presence of the By Hilton without additional HGVC properties. Hopefully, they will get a few more HGVC resorts up and running too.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
The CEO in the article said that this "fits with their strategy.' So far it appears that HGVC is doubling-down on their city presence and by Hilton Club brand. With the exception of Ocean Towers, they don't seem to be as aggressive on their beach acquisitions e.g. no Maui, no Kauai, no Ko Olina.

We were told by a sales rep that they were going to add another Honolulu location soon, but it will not be a beach location - similar to Hokulani. This may cater to their Australasian clientele who travel to Honolulu to shop. We met an Australian who said that said that it is cheaper to fly to HI than to cross Australia, and Australian brands such as Quicksilver and RipCurl are significantly cheaper in HI than Australia. She told us she went to the outlet stores and purchased 100 pounds of clothes to take home!
Do not forget that Barbados seems to be in the cards

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
The Quinn just did a major remodel about 5 years ago (when it reopened as The Quinn). If has some cool higher level unit with outdoor space.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Caribbean locations would be nice. HGVC should add some to the portfolio to compete against Marriott/ILG.

Will Okinawa will be beach?

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
BTW...there is an outdoor bar deck with views of Central Park at the Roof on top of the Viceroy down the block.

You can also see the decks for the penthouse units at W57. Perhaps Quin as well?

Last edited:

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cool with a new property in NYC. Seems they will convert the rooms into studios, 1Br and 2br:thumbup:

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish instead of focusing on building a fourth property in nyc they would spread the love around to other cities (although I guess the demand is there for nyc). Philadelphia, Boston, LA, etc. if they are going to be working on the By Hilton Club brand (which doesn’t really help me anyway because of the reservation requirements), I wish it wasn’t all saturated in one place (yes, yes I know Charleston and The District).

Also while I’m on my soap box, the club within a club is annoying.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish instead of focusing on building a fourth property in nyc they would spread the love around to other cities (although I guess the demand is there for nyc). Philadelphia, Boston, LA, etc. if they are going to be working on the By Hilton Club brand (which doesn’t really help me anyway because of the reservation requirements), I wish it wasn’t all saturated in one place (yes, yes I know Charleston and The District).

Also while I’m on my soap box, the club within a club is annoying.
I sort of agree I would like to see some more cities in Europe call then urban or not (or by Hilton club)

By calling the new properties by Hilton club current owners need to expand their current portfolio if they wish to have a shot at getting in.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
IMHO... I like the idea of visiting different cities, however the By Hilton Club 60 day reservation priority window seems insufficient to secure decent airfare especially if you are traveling to/from Europe or Asia. I would expect more like 90 or 180 days.

So "by Hilton Club" seems to be less like a "Club" and more like priority access to a specific property in a specific city for repeat visits. Even within NYC, by Hilton Club owners are dis-incented to stay at the other NYC properties because of lack of lounge access and the reduced reservation priority window at the other by Hilton Club properties.

Last edited:

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points

It would be great to see more beach destinations... That said they have added a lot of new inventory / rooms in beach type locations over the past few years.. Grand Islander, Ocean Oaks, they have a new place going up in Myrtle Beach. Plus you can sort of count the phase 3 at Kings Land, not on the beach, but its a beach destination..

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place

There have been a lot of comments against HGVC continuing to build in Honolulu and NYC and not branching out to other locations. While I do agree that I would like like HGVC to be in more locations it seems like no matter how many units HGVC has in those locations, they always fill up and there is little if any availability. Therefore, my conclusion on expanding in those 2 locations is that they could use more, and many even more. However, I would agree that the other 2 locations that HGVC seems to build a lot in Las Vegas and Orlando are overbuilt not just because of HGVC building units but all the other timeshare companies that have built there.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think we as members just have to accept that HGVC will build/rebrand new properties in the locations which will make them the most money and not where it makes the most sense for members.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
I think we as members just have to accept that HGVC will build/rebrand new properties in the locations which will make them the most money and not where it makes the most sense for members.

I agree with you that they are driven by how much money they will make on a project. Both NYC and Honolulu sell relatively easily at higher prices than other locations. Those are the properties that you usually want to own to get owners preference for what you want on vacation booking. Also, since both NYC and Honolulu are almost always booked up they are receiving income from club reservations or open season for every night that is not reserved by owners.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I absolutely agree with this statement. I just hope it doesn’t backfire and the members wind up paying the cost in higher fees. My guess is they wouldn’t double down on NYC like they are if it hasn’t shown the possibility of paying off. I saw in the TUG newsletter this morning that Blue Green Vacations bought The Manhattan Club this week. HGVC isn’t the only one that sees the potential.

I actually think that the location of the HGVC vacation properties in the US are pretty good. I see some of the other places where resorts are and I’m not that impressed. Would I like to see a midwestern resort or two? Sure (I’m from Michigan), but there would be a limited number of places I would like to vacation here. I would love to see more Caribbean and European resorts. What I hope is that any potentially new resorts are a good mix of by Hilton Club and traditional HGVC.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There have been a lot of comments against HGVC continuing to build in Honolulu and NYC and not branching out to other locations. While I do agree that I would like like HGVC to be in more locations it seems like no matter how many units HGVC has in those locations, they always fill up and there is little if any availability. Therefore, my conclusion on expanding in those 2 locations is that they could use more, and many even more. However, I would agree that the other 2 locations that HGVC seems to build a lot in Las Vegas and Orlando are overbuilt not just because of HGVC building units but all the other timeshare companies that have built there.

I checked it out last night and I never realized how saturated HGVC is in Orlando and Vegas, with 1500 units and 2500 units respectively. The next most populated is Honolulu and the Big Island, both with around 750 apiece. That being said, we went to Vegas over my spring break this year and the friends we went with are long time HGVC members. They booked our trip to the Boulevard six months in advance and had to upgrade to a 2 bedroom plus as the regular 2 bedrooms were booked. I guess for heavy traffic weeks like that one, it makes perfect sense.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish instead of focusing on building a fourth property in nyc they would spread the love around to other cities (although I guess the demand is there for nyc).

Well, there's NYC...and then there's everywhere else in the world. So I get it.

Cheers.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, there's NYC...and then there's everywhere else in the world. So I get it.

Cheers.

I know that many people agree with you including people who live in and benefit from the popularity of NYC. I was born and went to College in NYC but I don't find it a comfortable and convenient city. I would much rather Honolulu. However, I want to make a correction on a statement I made earlier on this thread. I just went on line to look at the availability in the HGVC NYC timeshares. Contrary to my earlier statement there is a great deal of availability from 1 day up to 45 days for club reservations. Does anyone have any thought on why that is?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@Tamaradarann IMO...People want a change of scenery. We live in a quiet suburban/semi-rural location so traveling to NYC with the skyscrapers, shows, activities, restaurants, shopping and people watching is exciting. New Yorkers are very proud of their city which is inspiring. Would not want to live there though.

Similarly, Oahu residents go to other islands or the mainland on vacation.

re: availability. The Residences opened June 1 which increased capacity. People may not know about this availability since you could not reserve until recently. The Residences have probably not sold out which means owners are not booking all the rooms yet.

It also appears that availability are mostly single nights where the $85 cleaning fee applies. Most of the consecutive 2 night blocks are on weekends which requires more points.

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I know that many people agree with you including people who live in and benefit from the popularity of NYC. I was born and went to College in NYC but I don't find it a comfortable and convenient city. I would much rather Honolulu. However, I want to make a correction on a statement I made earlier on this thread. I just went on line to look at the availability in the HGVC NYC timeshares. Contrary to my earlier statement there is a great deal of availability from 1 day up to 45 days for club reservations. Does anyone have any thought on why that is?
Raised in NYC, this is the hottest time of the year. With concrete everywhere it even feels hotter. Not the best time to be a tourist.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@Tamaradarann IMO...People want a change of scenery. We live in a quiet suburban/semi-rural location so traveling to NYC with the skyscrapers, shows, activities, restaurants, shopping and people watching is exciting. New Yorkers are very proud of their city which is inspiring. Would not want to live there though.

Similarly, Oahu residents go to other islands or the mainland on vacation.

re: availability. The Residences opened June 1 which increased capacity. People may not know about this availability since you could not reserve until recently. The Residences have probably not sold out which means owners are not booking all the rooms yet.

It also appears that availability are mostly single nights where the $85 cleaning fee applies. Most of the consecutive 2 night blocks are on weekends which requires more points.

I totally agree with you on the change of "scenery" we also live in the suburban/semi-rural area where the buses run once an hour six days a week and stop at 6:00 PM so that they are not useful if you want to use them to go to dinner and not worry about drinking and driving. We have a huge mall about 5 miles away and if one works there for a night shift job you can't use the bus to get home. We love Honolulu and the regularity and ease in using the bus when we are there so we don't need a car. We find the public transportation just as good or better than NYC.

On the $85+tax cleaning fee, I understand that they charge that for any stay for 3 days or less. That is certainly a bummer and another plus for Honolulu over NYC. Do they charge the $85 cleaning fee for the Residences?

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do they charge the $85 cleaning fee for the Residences?

According to the booking website they don’t charge anything. That’s why it seems odd to me that west 57th do, it should be the same.