• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVCLUB AT THE FLAMINGO

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Looking at a 2BR Plat for 7,000 points at the Flamingo. Does this resort have a ROFR. What is teh going rate for such unit. Did prices go down lately and is HGVC exercising ROFR.

TIA

Sam

Anthony Schmid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas, Elara a Hilton Grand Vacation Club, The Jockey Club, Hilton Grand Vacation Club at Coylumbridge, Hilton Grand Vacations at Craigendarroch, Hyatt Residence Club at Coconut Plantation, DVC Saratoga Springs
The last 2 on ebay went for $4500 each and everybody says it does not have ROFR.
Hi,

Looking at a 2BR Plat for 7,000 points at the Flamingo. Does this resort have a ROFR. What is teh going rate for such unit. Did prices go down lately and is HGVC exercising ROFR.

TIA

Sam

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Anthony Schmid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas, Elara a Hilton Grand Vacation Club, The Jockey Club, Hilton Grand Vacation Club at Coylumbridge, Hilton Grand Vacations at Craigendarroch, Hyatt Residence Club at Coconut Plantation, DVC Saratoga Springs
There is one currently on redweek.com for $4500 right now. $4500 is the lowest I've seen lately
Thanks Anthony and GT75.

So is this a good price or since no ROFR it will go for less.

Vkothari916

TUG Member
Reaction score
Somebody on the message boards mentioned buying Flamingo for $2500 7000 point contract. There is no ROFR.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Somebody on the message boards mentioned buying Flamingo for $2500 7000 point contract. There is no ROFR.

From what I understand, The Flamingo was the first HGVC built and didn’t have a ROFR in the deeds. They changed that with the later resorts built. I could be wrong but I believe The Flamingo is the only HGVC developed resort not to have ROFR. The other non ROFR were built by some other company and taken over or became affiliated with HGVC.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's a fantastic deal.

Yes, it was. LOL! (that was my purchase).

Even 4,000-4,500 is a good deal, IMO.

Typically Flamingo gets a higher price due to no ROFR (vs say, Blvd).
Hmm, one for $4k?
I might snap it up.

LOL

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone just snapped up a Valdoro 14000pt EOY on eBay for $2651 and free closing. You could borrow from the following year to make 7000/yr. Slightly higher maintenance fee than Flamingo, but someone got a deal. (there is no ROFR at Valdoro)

Last edited:

Vkothari916

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, it was. LOL! (that was my purchase).

Even 4,000-4,500 is a good deal, IMO.

Typically Flamingo gets a higher price due to no ROFR (vs say, Blvd).
Hmm, one for $4k?
I might snap it up.

LOL
Where did you find this deal?

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where did you find this deal?

I literally stumbled across it on Judi Koz website. It was listed for $2750 and I offered $2500.
The closing process was a nightmare/atrocious. Would avoid Judi again unless it was another "good" deal.
All the other 7k Flamingo's at that time were listed for $7-9k (again, typically because of no ROFR, they list higher than places like BLVD).

Ironically the owner that was selling just wanted to get rid of it (that's why the price was so low) and was even willing to give it away for free, but I'd already made the offer. LOL.

She had an other timeshare at Seaworld for sale as well. She was also not impressed with Judi's team and delisted the Seaworld from Judi's site and she gifted it to my sister and paid all closing costs, so my sister got a 5k gold at Seaworld for nothing (other than the $599 activation fee and $170 club dues from HGVC).

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I literally stumbled across it on Judi Koz website. It was listed for $2750 and I offered $2500.
The closing process was a nightmare/atrocious. Would avoid Judi again unless it was another "good" deal.

Just as a counterpoint - we've used Judi and her team for 3 HGVC purchases now and they were fine. The closing process took a while, but much of that was Hilton. Certainly not a nightmare experience for us.

Cheers.

Jon77

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Flamingo
Eagle's Nest on Marco Island
We bought a 2 bed 2 bath at the Flamingo several years ago and went through Seth Nock. Smooth process and I can say that Hilton does NOT have ROFR at the Flamingo.

Jon77

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We bought a 2 bed 2 bath at the Flamingo several years ago and went through Seth Nock. Smooth process and I can say that Hilton does NOT have ROFR at the Flamingo.

Jon77

Does Hilton still go through the ROFR “process?” Do they still hold on to it and make you wait even though there is no ROFR?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Does Hilton still go through the ROFR “process?” Do they still hold on to it and make you wait even though there is no ROFR?

Yes, all HGVC sales have to be sent to Hilton first even if they dont have ROFR. Hilton will provide an Estoppel document that verifies the ownership information like unit size, points allocated, points available, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, all HGVC sales have to be sent to Hilton first even if they dont have ROFR. Hilton will provide an Estoppel document that verifies the ownership information like unit size, points allocated, points available, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks!

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There is one currently on redweek.com for $4500 right now. $4500 is the lowest I've seen lately

Just signed the contract and paid the deposit in this one! I inquired on the one on the TUG marketplace, but was sold the day I inquired.

Judi Kozlowski

TUG Member
Reaction score
All the other 7k Flamingo's at that time were listed for $7-9k (again, typically because of no ROFR, they list higher than places like BLVD).

Ironically the owner that was selling just wanted to get rid of it (that's why the price was so low) and was even willing to give it away for free, but I'd already made the offer. LOL.

She had an other timeshare at Seaworld for sale as well. She was also not impressed with Judi's team and delisted the Seaworld from Judi's site and she gifted it to my sister and paid all closing costs, so my sister got a 5k gold at Seaworld for nothing (other than the $599 activation fee and $170 club dues from HGVC).
I remember this closing very well. It was a time period that I had just lost my brother and sister within 30 days of each other. The Buyer called my office and insisted on speaking only to me. I felt very bad for the length of the transaction for the Seller. I didn't feel so bad for the smug buyer. He would not get another good deal from our website as Kevin's email address is blocked. I rarely respond to these but it just brought back sad memories for me. This was not the normal course of business for us.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I remember this closing very well. It was a time period that I had just lost my brother and sister within 30 days of each other. The Buyer called my office and insisted on speaking only to me. I felt very bad for the length of the transaction for the Seller. I didn't feel so bad for the smug buyer. He would not get another good deal from our website as Kevin's email address is blocked. I rarely respond to these but it just brought back sad memories for me. This was not the normal course of business for us.

You're probably confusing this with someone else?

1) I NEVER called your office beyond to speak to the sales person to make the initial offer, let alone demanded to speak to you. ALL communications after that were 100% through email except for the phone call to Kym at the closing company at her request.
2) Smug buyer? I'll be happy to print all the email communications between me and your office and let everyone know that there was no "smugness" whatsoever.

Unless you're mistakenly quoting the wrong person, your facts are blatantly wrong and false.