• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lagunamar Theft

Smithsingeneva

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN (resale)
My family and I are here at Lagunamar. This morning I had to take a few calls for work. Afterward, I left my laptop, my work cell, and my son’s cell that I found on the coffee table as I left to join my family at the pool, charging on the nightstands. The mid-week tidy wasn't scheduled until tomorrow, so everything would be fine...

When I arrived back at 4:10, the two cell phones were gone (along with one of the charging cables). I called security and they eventually showed me the key log claiming that no one else entered the room.

I asked if there was any other way to pop the door open, and they claimed it was impossible (despite clear damage to the lower portion of the door frame).

Remember to keep ALL of your valuables in the safe whenever you are not in the room.

blondietink

Reaction score
When we were there in April we left our laptop out one day and upon returning to the villa later in the day there was a typed letter stating that the maid had noticed it was out and called security to make a note of it. Told us to never leave anything out. We have noticed on occasion during 4 stays there that sometimes the door does not close completely when we leave. We always make sure to pull it tight when leaving to make sure it is locked.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we were there in April we left our laptop out one day and upon returning to the villa later in the day there was a typed letter stating that the maid had noticed it was out and called security to make a note of it. Told us to never leave anything out. We have noticed on occasion during 4 stays there that sometimes the door does not close completely when we leave. We always make sure to pull it tight when leaving to make sure it is locked.
we had a similar experience, because of the kids, we had multiple tablets and one laptop in the room, we found a letter upon return asking us not to leave anything out. Nothing missing.

My wife left valuables in the condo (jewelries) and we only noticed back home. We received an email from the hotel asking us to pay for shipping, we got everything back in a week.

Smithsingeneva

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN (resale)
We have noticed on occasion during 4 stays there that sometimes the door does not close completely when we leave. We always make sure to pull it tight when leaving to make sure it is locked.

I have a habit of checking the door as I leave and know I did it this time, too. Security also tested the door and were satisfied that it closed on its own (although they admitted some did not).

Not feeling hopeful of an eventual return of our items as the electronic lock apparently shows access only by our key cards.

Thanks for the replies. Now I know why the first response to my call was that they would check to see if anyone had our phones (which I thought was odd).

Smithsingeneva

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN (resale)
Got back to the room this evening and the door was very hard to open. The pin fell out of the bottom hinge and threw the door out of alignment.

Maybe it had been under stress recently?

Hotel management says that since the lock pad doesn’t show another card gaining entry, no one else entered the room.

Attachments

• BCE02995-EE0F-402B-A16A-0163EEF14665.jpeg
    BCE02995-EE0F-402B-A16A-0163EEF14665.jpeg
    21.4 KB · Views: 134

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I'm more curious about what your carrier had to say when you reported the theft.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Do your phones have location tracking enabled? Or remote wipe? If so, in future, whenever phones or tablets go missing this is the second thing I recommend checking (the first being the police or security, depending where you are) and initial a data wipe and while not always effective it is a good thing to try, especially if you have any sensitive data or contact info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Sorry to hear of the theft. I also check the door upon exit and always put my electronics in the safe every time I leave the unit. I've had friends and family laugh at my consistency but I know there will be day like yours where somehow something goes missing...

Moparman42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas x2
FYI, the remote wipe is a joke. I once left my cell phone on the bench at the Atlanta airport. When I got home I remote wiped it. Two days later, I got a call from the airport that they found it. They shipped it to me, so I got it in 3 more days. I used it for 3 MORE days before the remote wipe took affect.. so.. don't trust you are safe with the remote wipe, just sayin'...

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
FYI, the remote wipe is a joke. I once left my cell phone on the bench at the Atlanta airport. When I got home I remote wiped it. Two days later, I got a call from the airport that they found it. They shipped it to me, so I got it in 3 more days. I used it for 3 MORE days before the remote wipe took affect.. so.. don't trust you are safe with the remote wipe, just sayin'...

Not all remote wipes are the same. My experience is that most times it works great. Of course, it depends which phone you have, which network, which service for the remote wipe, etc etc.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Could someone have enter your villa via a left open patio door or a left open window?
There are no security devices on patio doors or windows in most timeshare villas.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Could someone have enter your villa via a left open patio door or a left open window?
There are no security devices on patio doors or windows in most timeshare villas.
If they were Spiderman.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
If they were Spiderman.
seen this resort before.

I have never seen this resort before; until I went on their website this morning. It is fabulous. Sounds like the entry door was left open and not completely closed.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Fortunately, I owned the phone. Also had insurance and Asurion processed claim immediately.
I was wondering if they offered any help, like "find my iPhone" apps, or GPS, or checking calls made on your number, etc.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
Sorry to hear about the theft. But we also noticed that the lagunamar doors don’t close without actually tugging it closed. I came back to the room with the door opened and realized that it doesn’t slam shut.