• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lei’s for HNL

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be in Maui for a week then move over to Oahu and won’t have the car by then. Meeting family there on a Saturday. We want to get Lei’s for all, we likely need 15 total (7 men, 6 women, a 9 y/o boy and a 4 y/o girl). We don’t need anything elaborate, thinking it’s the thought that counts. Any suggestions for options/stands and if so, any handy contact info. Any recent information on prices. TIA.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You didn't say if you are staying at Ko'Olina and if so how you are getting out there...but here goes.

Inside the main HNL terminal is a pretty good lei stand but as I remember it closes early (3PM-ish?). The Longs Drugs on King St. in Honolulu has a surprisingly good selection of leis at great prices. And the lei stand by the Royal Hawaiian has a truly great selection of leis at very high prices.

Southerngirl528

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club: Old Key West & Vero Beach Marriott Maui Ocean Club Napili Tower
Grocery stores, Costco, Long's Drug, etc., all have lei in refrigerated cases. :) And as ljmiii said, they can be purchased inside the HNL airport as well, thought likely not as cheaply as the places I listed. Aloha! :wave:

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
We will be in Maui for a week then move over to Oahu and won’t have the car by then. Meeting family there on a Saturday. We want to get Lei’s for all, we likely need 15 total (7 men, 6 women, a 9 y/o boy and a 4 y/o girl). We don’t need anything elaborate, thinking it’s the thought that counts. Any suggestions for options/stands and if so, any handy contact info. Any recent information on prices. TIA.
Right on airport property by the exit for the parking lot are a lot of lei stands that are ooen to late. If you can get to costco in iwilei which is about 10 minutes from airport that would be the most afffordable. If you want the closest, there is a longs drugs in salt lake shopping center that is about 5 minutes away.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You didn't say if you are staying at Ko'Olina and if so how you are getting out there...but here goes.

Inside the main HNL terminal is a pretty good lei stand but as I remember it closes early (3PM-ish?). The Longs Drugs on King St. in Honolulu has a surprisingly good selection of leis at great prices. And the lei stand by the Royal Hawaiian has a truly great selection of leis at very high prices.
Thanks, lived there for 3 years back in the 80's. Generally I bought lei's from the florist on post then. We are staying at Ko Olina coming in on that day from Maui and meeting the group likely before we get the rental car or leave the airport area. I also have an appt for Global Entry that day in the interim. I'll likely just go across the the Lei stands but I was hoping to find out a little more about current prices and a go to stand if possible. Even better would be to pre order if I could get enough information.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I assume you'll be flying into Terminal 1 (aka Interisland) and will want to stay behind security...though I don't know how your Global Entry appt and luggage pickup will play into that. According to the airport website, there is a lei stand inside Terminal 1, one in the nearby C gate wing (the stand I remembered that closes at 3:30), and one by the E gates. Yelp seems to like the string of lei stands that are located next to the parking garage...but that could well be sampling bias. You can also arrange for lei greetings ahead of time but I can't imagine they will be anywhere near as cost effective as picking them up yourself.

http://airports.hawaii.gov/hnl/terminal-maps/ and Yelp of Airport Lei Stand near Honolulu, HI

cp73

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
Just curious what should Dean expect to pay for a Lei?

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Thanks, lived there for 3 years back in the 80's. Generally I bought lei's from the florist on post then. We are staying at Ko Olina coming in on that day from Maui and meeting the group likely before we get the rental car or leave the airport area. I also have an appt for Global Entry that day in the interim. I'll likely just go across the the Lei stands but I was hoping to find out a little more about current prices and a go to stand if possible. Even better would be to pre order if I could get enough information.
The lei stands near the garage exit have nice leis but they can be a little pricey. I think the cheapest lei you will find at the stands would be close to $9 each. Sorry, I usually go there on mothers day and the leis probably cost more because of demand. Have no favorites there. I just walk the row and ask for prices on a lei I want to buy. But I will tell you that one stand might quote me $80 and the same lei 4 stands over would be $50.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, hopefully someone will have a more in dept recent experience they are willing to share. As for price, I don’t have a good point of reference, I don’t think what we paid mid 80’s is going to cut it now unfortunately.

Southerngirl528

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club: Old Key West & Vero Beach Marriott Maui Ocean Club Napili Tower
Thanks, hopefully someone will have a more in dept recent experience they are willing to share. As for price, I don’t have a good point of reference, I don’t think what we paid mid 80’s is going to cut it now unfortunately.

Hey Dean, you got me curious so I searched on TripAdvisor thinking they would have recent info, but found nothing. After a Google search, there are Yelp reviews for Arthur's (apparently been in business 80 years) in the Airport Lei stands, a very few of the reviews mention pricing. There is one from honeymooners from Dec. 2017 that mentions $30 for 2 lei and in the photo they look like tuberose mixed with some colored orchids. Pretty. Here's the link:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/arthurs-lei-stand-honolulu

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey Dean, you got me curious so I searched on TripAdvisor thinking they would have recent info, but found nothing. After a Google search, there are Yelp reviews for Arthur's (apparently been in business 80 years) in the Airport Lei stands, a very few of the reviews mention pricing. There is one from honeymooners from Dec. 2017 that mentions $30 for 2 lei and in the photo they look like tuberose mixed with some colored orchids. Pretty. Here's the link:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/arthurs-lei-stand-honolulu
Yes, thanks, I did the same and didn't find as much real information as I expected. I saw a lot of ads though. I did find the facebook page for Arthur's and send a message but haven't heard back yet. Their web page is no longer active.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, hopefully someone will have a more recent experience they are willing to share...
I'll be in HNL in mid-July and would be happy to report...but I assume your trip is sooner.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll be in HNL in mid-July and would be happy to report...but I assume your trip is sooner.
Around the same time but thanks for the offer.

JEPASVC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Both Target and Walmart in Kapolei have very nice and very inexpensive fresh Lei's. Both are located near the entrances to the stores.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Both Target and Walmart in Kapolei have very nice and very inexpensive fresh Lei's. Both are located near the entrances to the stores.
Thanks, unfortunately that isn't likely to be an option since we fly in inter island and meet the group a couple of hours later with global entry appointments in the interim. But it's good to know for the future.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Thanks, unfortunately that isn't likely to be an option since we fly in inter island and meet the group a couple of hours later with global entry appointments in the interim. But it's good to know for the future.

If it is like my Global Entry appointment, it won't take longer than ten minutes!

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If it is like my Global Entry appointment, it won't take longer than ten minutes!
I have friends that did their Global Entry in ATL recently, one was 3 minutes and one 4-5. Each drove 5 hours one way, stayed overnight and drove back to do so. I'm considering myself very lucky I can get it done while I was going to be at the Honolulu airport anyway. On top of that we were working on a name change for my wife (to drop a name she doesn't use) since her passport and drivers license were not the same and that's done as well. Arrive Interisland terminal at 9:45 AM, claim luggage, appts at 10:45 & 11:00, first family arrives 12:50 and last at 2:20 with one in between. If I can't get something done ahead of time I'll likely check out the Lei stands after arrival to gather information, get the Global Entry done then get the rental car and lunch before family arrives. Then when we get back to the terminal I'll either make the final choices or pick up on the way depending on prior decisions.

mj2vacation

Reaction score

Sorry, I just was outside the stands last week and did not take detailed note of the pricing, but did see some fairly nice ones in the $20-$30 range.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I just was outside the stands last week and did not take detailed note of the pricing, but did see some fairly nice ones in the $20-$30 range.
Thanks. I've found a wholesaler who sells to the public now as well and is close by. We'll have a car and enough time to run pick them up but not enough to go exploring. They can't promise availability of specific options this time of year but the prices are reasonable based on the other info I've seen. Once I see how it goes I'll post about our experience either way.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks. I've found a wholesaler who sells to the public now as well and is close by. We'll have a car and enough time to run pick them up but not enough to go exploring. They can't promise availability of specific options this time of year but the prices are reasonable based on the other info I've seen. Once I see how it goes I'll post about our experience either way.
If you want basic leis, there is a target, Safeway or longs that are all within 5-10 min of the airport. They have orchid leis starting about $8.

Safeway and longs are on salt lake boulevard in the salt lake shopping center. Target is right off of salt lake blvd by Radford high school.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Frank, I do need to be sure I can get what I need without having to go searching and taking the chance I can't get the choices & volume on a single stop. It seems like what I've found will work better but I can use that as a backup plan. Purple single orchids at $6, white and green at $7; which are perfect for what we're planning.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks Frank, I do need to be sure I can get what I need without having to go searching and taking the chance I can't get the choices & volume on a single stop. It seems like what I've found will work better but I can use that as a backup plan. Purple single orchids at $6, white and green at $7; which are perfect for what we're planning.
You got a great price. Plus assurances that you will have the amount of leis you need.

Have fun on your vacation and hopefully we can meet up one day.