• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need Input Trying Again...Success trading HGVC for DVC

Answer if you tried to trade your hgvc to dvc thru RCI with ongoing search. Which month did you get?

• Yes, I got a match

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • No, I did not get a match

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • January-February

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • March-April

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • May-June

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • July-August

• September-October

• November-December

• Total voters

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
This was what my original post said that took many wonderful twists and turns but really didn’t focus in on my question so I am trying again and will use a survey too.

“Have you had success trading you HGVC into Disney? If yes, can you let me know which week you got.

I am trying to change my portfolio. I own a couple of HGVC weeks. One I really don’t need and was deciding whether to gift it. If I have a descent chance of trading into any Disney in Orlando I would keep it. Even with the maintenance fee, trade fee, and resort fee it would still be cheaper then buying a Disney week at my age.”

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Yes you have a decent chance in trading into Disney World using your HGVC week.
I’ve sighted almost every month online over the years using HGVC and WorldMark.
And everything sighted with WorldMark is available via HGVC.

You can see my posts on the sighting board (see thumbnail for search criteria). My Sightings go back to 2009 :cool:
Note: I’ve seen less online availability from Oct thru Dec

5885C1FF-9A42-4412-8D34-D19608F28DA5.jpeg

Last edited:

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Yes you have a decent chance in trading into Disney World using your HGVC week.
I’ve sighted almost every month online over the years using HGVC and WorldMark.
And everything sighted with WorldMark is available via HGVC.

You can see my posts on the sighting board (see thumbnail for search criteria). My Sightings go back to 2009 :cool:
Note: I’ve less online availability from Oct thru Dec

View attachment 7049

Where is the sighting board?

Tazzik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've traded into Disney 4 different times, for weeks all throughout the year (4th of July, April break, and some random weeks). Availability was a lot better when I first started, as the pickings are much more slim now. I'd be confident that I could get Saratoga Springs for just about any week I would want (since I have no interest in Christmas break), but other resorts are not so easy anymore. My kids are older now, so we're more likely to just stay at an HGVC location down there now, as Universal is becoming a bigger draw to us.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd be confident that I could get Saratoga Springs for just about any week I would want
I agree with this, with the caveat that you'll be in a 1BR, and not a 2BR.

Rather than try to get a bunch of data, just try it. As long as it works and you are happy, be happy. If at some point you are no longer happy with the costs or it isn't working for you, that's the time to sell. There have been about a half-dozen sea changes in the 10 years +/- I've owned timeshares that completely upended how I exchange into Disney. I'm sure over the next ten years there will be a few more.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I agree with this, with the caveat that you'll be in a 1BR, and not a 2BR.

Rather than try to get a bunch of data, just try it. As long as it works and you are happy, be happy. If at some point you are no longer happy with the costs or it isn't working for you, that's the time to sell. There have been about a half-dozen sea changes in the 10 years +/- I've owned timeshares that completely upended how I exchange into Disney. I'm sure over the next ten years there will be a few more.

Yes what you say makes sense but these are my thoughts.

I have changed my portfolio to what I will use most of time.

My other hgvc’s are affiliates that I will change to points when I can’t go.

The week I am thinking of using for dvc is a mandatory hgvc that I was using within hgvc, primarily home resort. Whereas I love my home resort my hubby prefers other areas so I will not be using it mostly for points.

My logic says gift it, get another fixed week hgvc affiliate that I would use at least 1/2 the time and convert to hgvc when I don’t use it. This way I am guaranteed the place and week I would use.

Flip side, loved dvc when we traded in. Buying dvc just does not make sense at my age 58. So was thinking to use hgvc to trade to dvc. Save myself money to liquidate and buy again.

I have multiple ogs in with Rci for dvc. If I get matched probably will just keep this hgvc unless another great affiliate week bargain comes my way.