• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marketplace email

Jax44

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the Marketplace, if I click on email in an ad, it just fades color but no window to email. Any suggestions?

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
In the Marketplace, if I click on email in an ad, it just fades color but no window to email. Any suggestions?

i got the message window to come up when I clicked the email button on an ad. Try reloading the page?

Are you on a computer, tablet or phone. I brought it up no problem on my Mac. If it's a computer, try restarting it.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
could you elaborate on what you are clicking on? the only link on an ad should say "contact this member" and bring up a contact window for you to fill out your information and send a message to the ad poster.

do you perhaps mean you are reading a message and trying to reply to the email that sent the message? if doing this thru a browser it will perform whatever action your browser is configured to do when clicking on an email on a website. if you have not configured your browser (or phone) to utilize a default email program (gmail/hotmail/etc) clicking the link might not do anything and you would indeed need to copy and paste the email address into whatever email system you wish to use to reply.

Jax44

TUG Member
Reaction score
could you elaborate on what you are clicking on? the only link on an ad should say "contact this member" and bring up a contact window for you to fill out your information and send a message to the ad poster.

do you perhaps mean you are reading a message and trying to reply to the email that sent the message? if doing this thru a browser it will perform whatever action your browser is configured to do when clicking on an email on a website. if you have not configured your browser (or phone) to utilize a default email program (gmail/hotmail/etc) clicking the link might not do anything and you would indeed need to copy and paste the email address into whatever email system you wish to use to reply.
Here is a screenshot:
When I click on email, nothing happens.
upload_2018-6-10_7-11-9.png
upload_2018-6-10_7-11-9.jpeg

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ah ok, that might be a browser issue or setting depending on what you are using to access the marketplace? did you say you were using a phone? if it wont let you click it at all, perhaps there is a security setting on your browser that thinks the link is spam or malicious or something? we always suggest trying to add tug2.com to the list of trusted sites or exceptions list to bypass things like that if you can.

or just try a different browser to see if it works fine (thus at least narrowing down the issue to the original browser)

clicking that link should bring up this popup window:

upload_2018-6-10_13-23-51.png

Jax44

TUG Member
Reaction score
ah ok, that might be a browser issue or setting depending on what you are using to access the marketplace? did you say you were using a phone? if it wont let you click it at all, perhaps there is a security setting on your browser that thinks the link is spam or malicious or something? we always suggest trying to add tug2.com to the list of trusted sites or exceptions list to bypass things like that if you can.

or just try a different browser to see if it works fine (thus at least narrowing down the issue to the original browser)

View attachment 7058
Thanks
I’ll try it on my computer

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

View attachment 7058

I don't get that pop-up window. Ok, browser issue, I guess. I thought that's just the way you had to do it. Copy and paste in email.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't get that pop-up window. Ok, browser issue, I guess. I thought that's just the way you had to do it. Copy and paste in email.
I don't think there is a way to copy and paste the email because the email address never shows.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
When I have done this, a message shows on the post that says
Your message has been sent.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is a way to copy and paste the email because the email address never shows.

You are correct, sir!

Okay, my issue is different and it may or may not be an issue.

I don't normally send messages for listings. I normally receive messages for my listings. When I go to click on the email address of the sender, then I have to copy and paste it into my email.

Nevermind. I'm off-topic for this thread. :)

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You are correct, sir!

I don't normally send messages for listings. I normally receive messages for my listings. When I go to click on the email address of the sender, then I have to copy and paste it into my email.

Yes, in those cases where you are responding to inquiries you need to copy and paste the email.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
You are correct, sir!

actually you can configure your browser to auto-open your email when you click on an email link within the browser...its just never configured by default because your computer likely doesnt know what email client you use!

for example

https://support.procore.com/faq/how...rowsers-default-email-client-for-mailto-links