• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

AC in II

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
New to II via Vistana. How do you get ACs?

How do you know if you have them?

If you never deposit, but use getaways will you receive them?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
You should get them with a Vistana ownership, I do.

Log in to your account and click on the exchange drop down menu. Pick, My Units. My Certificates is on the right, click view.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
New to II via Vistana. How do you get ACs?

How do you know if you have them?

If you never deposit, but use getaways will you receive them?

I have never made a deposit in my Vistana account and currently have four AC's.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
newbie question: is the quality of the ACs based on the number and value of the resorts in your II account?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
newbie question: is the quality of the ACs based on the number and value of the resorts in your II account?
No. There are 2 types of ACs. One type of ACs is the ones that II deposits into all II accounts, individual and corporate accounts. The other type is deposited as an incentive for depositing a particular resort or if you make any sort of exchange or on-going request during a promotion. The 2nd type usually has a button that allows the II account holder to put in an ongoing exchange, much like you do for a deposited week. The 1st type has to be exchanged based on whatever that is seen online at a particular point in time. Sometimes one is more powerful than the other. I put in an OGS last year during one of the promotions where II would deposit an AC for an exchange/OGS (Type 2 AC). Last year this Type 2 AC hardly pulled anything... and it had an expiration of Nov 2018. This year when my friend wanted to go to Las Vegas in August, I used this Type 2 AC and it pulled all brands, except for Marriott and got him a nice 2BR unit at SVC at Desert Rose in Las Vegas. The Type 1 ACs were expiring in June so I could not compare. My Type 2 AC's trading power got adjusted somehow.

The other thing is that every AC is different, some can see one location but not others while another can see others but not the location, or a super set.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
According to the Tug II representative (Mark), excepting the deposit incentive ACs, they are random. FWIW

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thanks for the pointers. I looked in our account and we have 2 ACs for 3 bedrooms expiring 6 and 8 months from now. Am I required to exchange a week to use these? (We will not exchange because we plan to use our unit for the forseeable future.)

If we can use without exchanging, how do I go about finding a property and using them?

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pointers. I looked in our account and we have 2 ACs for 3 bedrooms expiring 6 and 8 months from now. Am I required to exchange a week to use these? (We will not exchange because we plan to use our unit for the forseeable future.)

If we can use without exchanging, how do I go about finding a property and using them?

You do not use a week, consider these as bonus weeks. Redemption amounts for the week varies, you'd have to pretend to do an exchange to figure out exactly how much.

One way to use them is to click on Exchange -> My Units. On the right, you should see "My Certificates". Click on View, likely you already got there before. On the one you want to try, click Redeem. It then shows you by month the different places you may be able to go on that certificate. Note, the other one may show different locations, they are not all the same. So, click on a month that sounds good, and, a region and then city or area, you can select up to 6 of those, and when done, click Search. There you go.

I used one today for Hilton Head. I believe the week cost me $289 for the cert I used. So, that's $41 per night. I do always compare the cert cost vs the potential getaway to the same location. It was not available for a getaway.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thanks all for walking me through this. As you can see I am a newbie to II.

I clicked as instructed above by @Steve Fatula. Next to the available properties listed for the AC reservation it has an "Exchange" button when it comes to reserving them. If I hit this button does it require me to exchange? (I don't want to exchange) or will it ask me for cash instead?

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for walking me through this. As you can see I am a newbie to II.

I clicked as instructed above by @Steve Fatula. Next to the available properties listed for the AC reservation it has an "Exchange" button when it comes to reserving them. If I hit this button does it require me to exchange? (I don't want to exchange) or will it ask me for cash instead?

No, they just call it "exchange", but you are merely exchanging your certificate (not a week) for a week. It will go through the normal checkout process, quite a few screens before asking for payment.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thank you @Steve Fatula. That is great to know! Between II, RCI and HGVC open season it is good to have discounted options to expand usage rather than owning more TS MF.

Last edited:

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you @Steve Fatula. That is great to know! Between II, RCI and HGVC open season it is good to have discounted options.

You are most welcome. Some acs don't see very much interesting stuff for some folks, but I can always find something I want. It's just close to free weeks!

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s called an exchange because you are exchanging cash for a week that II would have trouble getting rid of anyway. AC’s used to be fantastic when grids would drop and trading power would open up. These days they aren’t worth much or anything more than the price to pull the exchange.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s called an exchange because you are exchanging cash for a week that II would have trouble getting rid of anyway. AC’s used to be fantastic when grids would drop and trading power would open up. These days they aren’t worth much or anything more than the price to pull the exchange.

I would disagree. I was just able to get harbor ridge, coastal Maine, gold crown resort for August with an AC. For me, this was a great use of an ac

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would disagree. I was just able to get harbor ridge, coastal Maine, gold crown resort for August with an AC. For me, this was a great use of an ac

I have 15 AC's. If you want one and already know what unit you want with it shoot me a PM. I rarely ever use them since they removed the grid free option.

Liz M

Reaction score
I have 15 AC's. If you want one and already know what unit you want with it shoot me a PM. I rarely ever use them since they removed the grid free option.

Hi, I sent you a PM regarding AC :)