• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Doubling up on contracts

Scrapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None yet
can someone tell me about having more than one HGVC ts. Can the points be used together for the same reservation? Do they have to be at the same resort for the same season? If they can be used together for the same booking do you have to pay two fees for going to a resort that is not home? I am really new to this and find this confusing.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Yes, your points will show up in the same account as long as the deeds are in the same name. You can use the points in one reservation (if you like) during a club reservation (< 9 months). This would only be one fee for this reservation.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agree only one booking fee if the reservation is made up to 9 months out in club season and points can be combined. However if you buy direct and get any bonus points these can't be combined with regular points at any time.

If the reservation is made between 9-12 months out then the points can't be combined as you would be booking your home week.

Another thing, if you have more than one HGVC timeshare would only pay one club fee. Club dues follow the membership not the number of timeshares.

Scrapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None yet
So the biggest downside of having two ts is the MF. Thanks. That is very helpful.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try having 4 contracts. LOL!
Ultimately if you ran a spreadsheet with the numbers, you could see what works best for you. Most people figure a 10 or 20-year ammortization of the initial purchase price.

Sometimes it's a "wash" over the 10/20 year time period even with multiples if you get a good deal on the purchase price.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try having 4 contracts. LOL!
Ultimately if you ran a spreadsheet with the numbers, you could see what works best for you. Most people figure a 10 or 20-year ammortization of the initial purchase price.

Sometimes it's a "wash" over the 10/20 year time period even with multiples if you get a good deal on the purchase price.

I don’t disagree but I’m curious, how do you value a vacation you wouldn’t have taken but would have been frustrated over not being able to take?;)

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, your points will show up in the same account as long as the deeds are in the same name. You can use the points in one reservation (if you like) during a club reservation (< 9 months). This would only be one fee for this reservation.

The only difference I see here is that, if one owns at a resort with regular ClubPoints as well as one with By Hilton Club points, one cannot use the ClubPoints for a reservation at the other property (like W 57th, Hilton Club, etc.) until the (I think) 45-day window. Only the By Hilton Club points can be used until then.

Of course, the points can be combined the other way at 9 months, but may not be the best use of the "more expensive" points.

Cheers.

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
With multiple weeks/resorts, how do you control which resort loses the home week points when you're making a club reservation? Is it random, or based on something? (ie. I own Valdoro and Vegas and want to make a club reservation at HHV, but don't want to lose my home week at Valdoro. Can I designate the Vegas points are used, or are both home weeks still available as long as enough points exist for one of them?)

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
With multiple weeks/resorts, how do you control which resort loses the home week points when you're making a club reservation?

Very good question. You will have home week booking available, as long as you have the required number of points available FOR THAT SPECIFIC YEAR/unit/resort (not saved points or next years points) in your account {I certainly hope that I was clear on the answer. If not then ask again}. I had the same question so I asked Club Reservation Counselor a couple of years ago. They told me the same thing and based also upon my years of booking experience I find this to be true. I also was worried about how this worked because I have ski week home booking at both Valdoro and Park City.

So once you drop below the required number of points in that year for that resort/unit (again not saved or following years points), you will lose home week booking. So just as an example, let say that you own a 2-Bd unit in both LV and Valdoro both 7,000 points each for a total of 14,000 points. Let also say that you use 7000 of you 2019 points to book HHV. You will still have Home Week booking available at both Valdoro and LV. But of course, once you book the first one such as Valdoro, you will lose Home Week booking in LV.

Last edited:

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Good to know, GT; I have pondered the same thing. Thanks for sharing!

Kurt

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch
Very good question. You will have home week booking available, as long as you have the required number of points available FOR THAT SPECIFIC YEAR/unit/resort (not saved points or next years points) in your account {I certainly hope that I was clear on the answer. If not then ask again}. I had the same question so I asked Club Reservation Counselor a couple of years ago. They told me the same thing and based also upon my years of booking experience I find this to be true. I also was worried about how this worked because I have ski week home booking at both Valdoro and Park City.

So once you drop below the required number of points in that year for that resort/unit (again not saved or following years points), you will lose home week booking. So just as an example, let say that you own a 2-Bd unit in both LV and Valdoro both 7,000 points each for a total of 14,000 points. Let also say that you use 7000 of you 2019 points to book HHV. You will still have Home Week booking available at both Valdoro and LV. But of course, once you book the first one such as Valdoro, you will lose Home Week booking in LV.

That's great to know. Especially that saved points won't count.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don’t disagree but I’m curious, how do you value a vacation you wouldn’t have taken but would have been frustrated over not being able to take?;)

LOL! When I say "a wash" I meant regarding buying a low priced unit with higher MF vs. spending 3x more for one with lower MF.
However, since timesharing basically forces us to plan well in advance (9-12 months), there's times we can't get anything via the timeshare and we just use a hotel/VRBO/redweek so there's not really any frustration there.

Hilton has nothing on Maui for example and I wouldn't stay in the RCI one (plus you have to put your OGS in at like 18-24 months to even stand a chance). Same thing with Key West, etc.

NYC is an anomoly, possibly. For 1-2 day stays (which is all I can ever get at the 44-day booking window) it's cheaper to just stay at a hotel with free breakfast vs. paying the HGVC booking fee and $75 or whatever cleaning fee along with the points required at W57th

Hsahota1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV
In regards to owning multiple contracts let's say you own 5000 pts EY (Platinum) and also 2000 points EOY (Gold) can you make a reservation in 2018 and borrow your gold points from 2020 to use for a reservation that will be in 2019 (platinum season)

I hope the question makes sense lol

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
In regards to owning multiple contracts let's say you own 5000 pts EY (Platinum) and also 2000 points EOY (Gold) can you make a reservation in 2018 and borrow your gold points from 2020 to use for a reservation that will be in 2019 (platinum season)

I hope the question makes sense lol
You can borrow points from 1 calendar year in the future, based on the reservation's check-in date. It doesn't matter what calendar year you actually make the reservation. So in your case, since the reservation is in 2019, you can borrow points from 2020 for that reservation.

Kurt

P.S. Are you sure your 5000 points EY are actually Platinum points? I don't know of a Platinum week in HGVC system that is 5000 points. Usually, 5K points is a standard 2BR in Gold season. Not that the season of the points make any difference when making a Club Season reservation; I was just curious...

Hsahota1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV
You can borrow points from 1 calendar year in the future, based on the reservation's check-in date. It doesn't matter what calendar year you actually make the reservation. So in your case, since the reservation is in 2019, you can borrow points from 2020 for that reservation.

Kurt

P.S. Are you sure your 5000 points EY are actually Platinum points? I don't know of a Platinum week in HGVC system that is 5000 points. Usually, 5K points is a standard 2BR in Gold season. Not that the season of the points make any difference when making a Club Season reservation; I was just curious...
Was just using the 5000 as an example.

Thanks!