• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Good deal?

AZLatin5

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Pacific Palisades
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
300k points 1600 MF
$1500
Have read a lot and seems decent. What I don’t understand on some resale’s is the # of points for sale that do not match to anything in the directory.
This resort has nothing that matches 300k 1bdrm deluxe prime 203k
Anyone know why this is and is that wasteful?

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Contracts and points charts have nothing to do with each other. Wyndham sells contracts with as few as 56,000 points, maybe fewer, at resorts where you can't get an off-season closet for 56K.

Use your other 97,000 to book a weekend someplace or deposit it and book two weeks next year.

AZLatin5

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Pacific Palisades
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Thanks! Dk if mattered. Have owned traditional timeshare for 20 years and after going on some presentations, staying at some resorts and doing a lot of reading I am buying my first resale!!

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can’t tell if your getting a good deal or not without knowing what your buying.
What resort is the contract deeded at or are you buying a CWA contract ?
What are the MFs ?

AZLatin5

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Pacific Palisades
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Mf’s 1600
Wyndham Oceanside annual

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
The MF quote seems accurate. We own at Oceanside and our current MFs
are $1772/year including program fee. For our 330kpts, that's $5.37 per 1k pts,
which matches your quoted 1600/300 = $5.33 per 1k pts.

AZLatin5

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Pacific Palisades
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
More questions! I have yet to successfully close on any resale’s I have tried to purchase. One was a bait and switch -was told not selling that one anymore but has a more expensive one (even though I still see the ad) one didn’t advertise any fees then wanted buyer to pay them all. This last one I agreed to price and closing cost+transfer fee then they wanted 2018 MF’s even though 1st use for me would be 2019 and additional $25 for estoppel an additional admin fee and to pay for title insurance if I wanted it.....,
Is this normal?

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I have bought all my Wyndham points on TUG. It is not typical there.

AZLatin5

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Pacific Palisades
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
2 were from TUG. One was from Redweek.

AZLatin5

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Pacific Palisades
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
The MF quote seems accurate. We own at Oceanside and our current MFs
are $1772/year including program fee. For our 330kpts, that's $5.37 per 1k pts,
which matches your quoted 1600/300 = $5.33 per 1k pts.
How do you like owning there? Can you reserve June/July easily or do you have to make sure you reserve 12 months using ARP?

vice

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would say that it is better than a good deal. It is a very good deal. If they are paying maintenance fees through closing and that takes 6 months or so, it is a great deal.

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
How do you like owning there? Can you reserve June/July easily or do you have to make sure you reserve 12 months using ARP?

Summer time can be tricky. Right now, for example, May 11-17 (Fri-Thu) is available.
But only unreservable single days in June and July as far as I can see.

We've stayed there once a year for at least the past five years; it's a beautiful location.
Back before Voyager, we even managed to snag one of the few 4BRPR units for cheap
via cancel-rebook-cancel-upgrade - but those days seem to be mostly gone now.

Anyway, we're pretty flexible so we mostly stay there in spring or fall. ARP has
also worked for us there.

AZLatin5

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Pacific Palisades
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Summer time can be tricky. Right now, for example, May 11-17 (Fri-Thu) is available.
But only unreservable single days in June and July as far as I can see.

We've stayed there once a year for at least the past five years; it's a beautiful location.
Back before Voyager, we even managed to snag one of the few 4BRPR units for cheap
via cancel-rebook-cancel-upgrade - but those days seem to be mostly gone now.

Anyway, we're pretty flexible so we mostly stay there in spring or fall. ARP has
also worked for us there.
So you would make a reservation June 2018 to go June 2019

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
So you would make a reservation June 2018 to go June 2019
We own at Oceanside. Oceanside MFs are below average. ARP is beneficial for summer weekends. Yes I would make the June 2019 reservation ASAP. There is no benefit in waiting to make a reservation other than if you run out of RTs additional ones are $19

AZLatin5

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Pacific Palisades
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
If I recently purchased resale and I am still waiting to close and for transfers will I even have time or will there be availability to reserve this year? My points begin 2018 and I was hoping to get Old Town Alexandria Oct 6. Possibility or pipe dream?

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
If I recently purchased resale and I am still waiting to close and for transfers will I even have time or will there be availability to reserve this year? My points begin 2018 and I was hoping to get Old Town Alexandria Oct 6. Possibility or pipe dream?
Just 5 months away... I'd say it's a pipe dream... unless the stars align in your favor. If it does complete by then you'd have to get lucky and catch a last minute cancelation.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you bought the Oceanside deeded contract you referenced.
Figure 4 months from the time Wyndham receives the deed.
If your deed has been sent to Wyndham I would call to confirm they have received the deed. All you need to know when you call is the Wyndham contract number you are buying.
At 3 months I would start calling ounce or twice a week to see what week they are processing.
If you don’t call to find out when Wyndham finalized the transfer you can add another month before you get your welcoming letter.
So if you ignore the process and wait for Wyndham to notify you figure 5 months from when Wyndham received the deed

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
... I was hoping to get Old Town Alexandria Oct 6. Possibility or pipe dream?

Just did a search. No availability on 10/6. 1BR for only 2 nights starting 10/7.

There might be cancellations, so don't give up hope entirely. Sometimes cancellations
appear around the 15-20 days in advance point. OTOH, National Harbor is still showing
plenty of availability for one week starting 10/6. (You might consider renting from another TUGger).

harbor.jpg

AZLatin5

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Pacific Palisades
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Thanks so much for info! I will follow up with Wyndham to see where they are and I know it can take months. I knew buying a resale with points starting this year would be tricky. I’m bummed I’ll miss my ARP for summer 2019 too but will be interesting to see what I can get for 2018 once transfer is done.

AZLatin5

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Pacific Palisades
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Just did a search. No availability on 10/6. 1BR for only 2 nights starting 10/7.

There might be cancellations, so don't give up hope entirely. Sometimes cancellations
appear around the 15-20 days in advance point. OTOH, National Harbor is still showing
plenty of availability for one week starting 10/6. (You might consider renting from another TUGger).

View attachment 6405
If nothing is available by the time the transfer comes through can I deposit them into RCI so I don’t lose them? Or what are the options ..... I read the sticky notes but unsure of the timeframes .....

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone here has two Myrtle Beach properties to get rid of. Not me. lol

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
If nothing is available by the time the transfer comes through can I deposit them into RCI so I don’t lose them? Or what are the options ..... I read the sticky notes but unsure of the timeframes .....
You have up until the end of your Use Year to deposit them to RCI

Snapple37

Reaction score
After my run-in and cancelation at retail last week, I've been researching for a better deal on here and eBay. Most eBay listings have high MF, but this one seems to stand out at $5.22/1k.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/202320924257

154k points at Daytona Beach

Basically no bids yet, with $800 closing costs. Do you think this might be a good entry into Wyndham?

We're unlikely to stay at the home resort, and I could never plan a vacation 13 or even 10 months out due to work and family. We're interested in booking mostly at overseas resorts in various locations (we move a lot), and having access to RCI last call is a big benefit for us.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
We're interested in booking mostly at overseas resorts in various locations (we move a lot), and having access to RCI last call is a big benefit for us.
If this were my vacation plan, I'd buy a 92,500 annual points contract for Vacation Village at Parkway and work entirely in the RCI points system. VV at Parkway contracts are for sale all the time and MF's are relatively low. Working inside RCI gives you better flexibility for borrowing/saving points. Just be sure to get an annual contract worth 92,500 points. RCI via Wyndham is not a very efficient use of Wyndham points. There are fees inside RCI, of course, but you cut out the Wyndham to RCI conversion step. I own VV at Parkway (all resale) and own Wyndham (some resale, some developer). I find the mix to work very well.