• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can we make it in a one bedroom DVC? With my mother???

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Getting back to your original question, be aware that the 1-BR DVC units have one king bed and one pullout queen couch. Some - but not SSR, which is what you’re most likely to get via RCI - have the pullout chair as well, but most do not. So keep that in mind when considering who will sleep with whom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island
Your one yr old will not count towards occupancy and can sleep in the pack and play that is provided in each villa. Your three year old will need to sleep with you or your mother. You'll get one king bed and one queen sleeper sofa at SSR.

Only BLT, OKW and AKV (not the value villas) have the twin sized sleeper chair in the living room. And that chair is too heavy and wide to move to the bedroom in case you were wondering.

Irishheart

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club
Often we think the second bath is more important than a second bedroom at DVC! :) I just made a change to our July reservation from a one-bedroom to a two-bedroom unit @ OKW since a cousin decided to join us and I was crossing my fingers one was available (it was). But late November is pretty tough unless planning begins very early. We got a late start with that ourselves this year and have decided to wait until late February or early March 2019 and maybe catch some Spring Training games to boot. But I heartily agree that the holiday decorations are wonderful!

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Your one yr old will not count towards occupancy and can sleep in the pack and play that is provided in each villa. Your three year old will need to sleep with you or your mother. You'll get one king bed and one queen sleeper sofa at SSR.

Only BLT, OKW and AKV (not the value villas) have the twin sized sleeper chair in the living room. And that chair is too heavy and wide to move to the bedroom in case you were wondering.

Take an air mattress for the 2.5 year old.
Unless you have the dining plan judging by what I see going on in DVC unit occupancies nobody is checking magic bands for all. I am not sure if the Murphy twins have made their way to SSR but a small to medium sized adult can sleep perfectly fine on those if they don’t have trouble getting up from a low position or remember to watch their head while going to the bathroom at night. Take a small nightlight just in case.

Housekeeping is doing trash service every day now but she is in and out without batting an eye.

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CCV are a hard four for both the studio and one bedroom and it does not have a murphy bed.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
CCV are a hard four for both the studio and one bedroom and it does not have a murphy bed.

That's interesting.
I wonder why they are backtracking on CCV with the 5th occupants.
I've never understood why they allowed that in the first place but
maybe because people were already doing it.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's interesting.
I wonder why they are backtracking on CCV with the 5th occupants.
I've never understood why they allowed that in the first place but
maybe because people were already doing it.
I think it's the physical plant, there simply wasn't enough room to do so. Personally I think doing it at any location was a mistake.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it's the physical plant, there simply wasn't enough room to do so. Personally I think doing it at any location was a mistake.
I agree, there shouldn't be 5 in a 1br let alone in a studio. But its much better to cramp 5 into a 1br than it is in a studio.

IMHO the two top reasons for disney doing this is.
1. They can sell the dvc membership for families that requires room for 5, they can stay in a studio or 1br because the 2br option is too expensive point wise.
2. when Disney splits the costs of running the resorts between DVC and the regular disney hotel, then they always(so I read) use the occupancy limits to calculate the split. With 5 in a studio or 1br then the DVC members pay more of the annual cost to run the resort.

I dont know if option #2 is just because its easier as "one size fits all" per room type when the calculation is done. It could also be that its because Disney want members to pay more of the annual costs. Might also be a combo.

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
1. There is plenty of room in a 1BR for five at SSR, but you must bring an air mattress and bedding for the extra person.
2. You must set up all five people in the room ahead of time via DVC. They will send you five magic bands, etc. It's all fine and accepted.
3. If you arrive at the hotel and want to add a 5th person, or you forget to add someone ahead of time, the hotel side can't add a 5th person even when they want to. The computer system on the hotel side won't let them do it. Also, once you are checked in to the resort, the DVC side can't fix the reservation because their computer system won't let them do it once you are checked in to the resort. We booked a last-second stay and neglected to add our kids to the reservation via DVC ahead of time. The front desk at the resort could only add two kids, so that means one kid didn't get a working room key and there could of been issues for Extra Magic Hours at the parks.

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Take an air mattress for the 2.5 year old.
Unless you have the dining plan judging by what I see going on in DVC unit occupancies nobody is checking magic bands for all. I am not sure if the Murphy twins have made their way to SSR but a small to medium sized adult can sleep perfectly fine on those if they don’t have trouble getting up from a low position or remember to watch their head while going to the bathroom at night. Take a small nightlight just in case.

Housekeeping is doing trash service every day now but she is in and out without batting an eye.

The murphy beds are smaller than twins. They call them bunk sized. Shorter and narrower. The one bedrooms do not have the murphy bed, except for GFV. AKV, OKW and BLT have the twin sized sleeper chair in the one bedroom living room (except for the AKV-Value villas at Jambo House).