• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2BR Premier at Lagoon Tower - unit location

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
All,

I’m trying to arrange a return trip to HHV next year and we love the Lagoon Tower. We’ve stayed in the 2BR Premier several times and think the location is stunning.

I am curious what TUGgers experience has been for unit location. Both times that I have checked in mid-week (or on Friday), I was placed in a lower floor unit. The one time I checked in on a Saturday, I got a very high floor (and the Friday check-in, I moved to a very high floor on Saturday). I think I was on the 20th and 22nd floors.

I’m curious if any TUGgers have been successful getting a high floor (or really, anything 12th floor or higher) when checking in on a day other than a Saturday. I am thinking that maybe the higher floor units are held for owners, which would make it challenging to get a higher floor when not checking in on a Saturday. Or, my sample size is too small, and TUGgers have had success with high floors throughout the week.

Target reservation for next year is April, but also thinking about future travel in February. Please advise and thank you!

Best,

Greg

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
It depends on the existing guests who are checked in for the week. We checked in last year midweek June in 2BX and were given the 22 floor on the EWA side (which I now prefer for greater privacy and less noise). We were staying for 14 days which might have had something to do with the placement and saving on housekeeping. They said we might need to change on Sat to get a better room but we lucked out and were able to accommodate us. We are not owners.

The prior year we were on the 14th floor on the Diamond Head side with BX.

We are checking in again midweek so we'll see what we get this year because we are staying only 5 days in BX then will try Grand Islander on a VIP, then a few days at Marriott Ko'Lina for a presentation stay.

Hope this helps.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Why don't you try to get 2LX? Then you will know which floor you will be on (penthouse). If you are thinking of February of next year, there is a 2LX available now starting February 21. You can "walk" it later.

Honestly, you could also get 3PL or 3BP (both 3 Bds) but for some reason, it is the same number of points are 2LX.

Last edited:

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
To flip it around, I can tell you that as a Premier owner checking in on Saturday using 'Home Week' reservations there is no particular rhyme or reason to the room I've been assigned. I've always reserved at the 12-month mark and asked for a high floor. Over the past ten years EOY we've gotten 2360 (Amazing!), 662 (behind the palm fronds), 15-ish65, 1262, and 2069 (marina-side). Go figure.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
To flip it around, I can tell you that as a Premier owner checking in on Saturday using 'Home Week' reservations there is no particular rhyme or reason to the room I've been assigned.

Do you request any particular room?

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you request any particular room?
My only request was for a high floor since I'm more or less equally happy with all the 2BR floor plans and really only care about the better view and easier elevator access of higher floors at the Lagoon tower.

CiCi

Reaction score
All,

I’m trying to arrange a return trip to HHV next year and we love the Lagoon Tower. We’ve stayed in the 2BR Premier several times and think the location is stunning.

I am curious what TUGgers experience has been for unit location. Both times that I have checked in mid-week (or on Friday), I was placed in a lower floor unit. The one time I checked in on a Saturday, I got a very high floor (and the Friday check-in, I moved to a very high floor on Saturday). I think I was on the 20th and 22nd floors.

I’m curious if any TUGgers have been successful getting a high floor (or really, anything 12th floor or higher) when checking in on a day other than a Saturday. I am thinking that maybe the higher floor units are held for owners, which would make it challenging to get a higher floor when not checking in on a Saturday. Or, my sample size is too small, and TUGgers have had success with high floors throughout the week.

Target reservation for next year is April, but also thinking about future travel in February. Please advise and thank you!

Best,

Greg

We just got back from Hawaii, had checked in on a Monday at HHV and was placed in our 2-bedroom premier on the 26th floor of the Grand Waikikian. Don’t know if it was because of the tower we had selected or the availability of the room type we reserved...we are owners in FL not HI.

Fingers crossed for you,
CiCi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is greater turn-over on Friday and Saturday thus in theory your chances are greater for getting a higher (or so I’ve been told). Personally I believe it’s a crap shoot.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
All,

Best,

Greg
Greg,

Having stayed at hhv all these years in lagoon, kalia, grand waikikian and grand islander it is a crap shoot by my book. I have checked in friday, saturday and sunday predominantly but have gotten high floors to low floors. No rhyme or reason.

My favorite is the grand islander now. With parking at $43 a night at hhv, i just park at hale koa garage. $180 for a months parking is a deal in waikiki. For that reason we are spending 3 weeks starting tomorrow at grand islander. Then will spend another month starting in july at GI. Gotta make buying the month long parking pass worthwhile :)
It's rough staying at grand islander and marriott koolina!

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
We generally arrive on Saturday so I can't say about the other days of the week.
I would expect a greater turn-over on the weekend which would give the front desk greater access to inventory.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
All,

Thank you for the responses, they are very helpful. It doesn’t look like I need to target a Saturday arrival, and I will pick whatever arrival date works with the travel plans and then hope for the best.

Thanks again TUGgers — looking forward to next Hawaii trip!

Best,

Greg

strgrace1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Greg,

Having stayed at hhv all these years in lagoon, kalia, grand waikikian and grand islander it is a crap shoot by my book. I have checked in friday, saturday and sunday predominantly but have gotten high floors to low floors. No rhyme or reason.

My favorite is the grand islander now. With parking at $43 a night at hhv, i just park at hale koa garage. $180 for a months parking is a deal in waikiki. For that reason we are spending 3 weeks starting tomorrow at grand islander. Then will spend another month starting in july at GI. Gotta make buying the month long parking pass worthwhile :)
It's rough staying at grand islander and marriott koolina!

Hello, where is Hale Koa garage? Is this the one across from Hilton Hawaiian village? Do you need reservation? We will be there in mid August and where do you book car rental? Thank you, Grace

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Hale koa garage is on kalia road across the street from the grand islander and kalia tower.

No reservations needed but the monthly pass might not be available if garage is busy.

You can book a national car rental at the bottom of grand islander as they have a kiosk here.

When in august will you be here?
Hello, where is Hale Koa garage? Is this the one across from Hilton Hawaiian village? Do you need reservation? We will be there in mid August and where do you book car rental? Thank you, Grace

strgrace1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hale koa garage is on kalia road across the street from the grand islander and kalia tower.

No reservations needed but the monthly pass might not be available if garage is busy.

You can book a national car rental at the bottom of grand islander as they have a kiosk here.

When in august will you be here?

Hi Frank808, we will be in 2 weeks from August 18 to September 1st. Will it be busy during this time? We plan to book 2 weeks and will pick up from airport. Thank you, Grace

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is toward the tail end of summer. Should not be bad as i got a pass for this month from may 30 to june 30. Will also be back from july 17 to aug 17. Will report back if i was able to buy a pass next month.
Hi Frank808, we will be in 2 weeks from August 18 to September 1st. Will it be busy during this time? We plan to book 2 weeks and will pick up from airport. Thank you, Grace

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Checked in midweek, and was pleased to be placed in a very high floor oceanfront again.

FWIW Front desk said we are elite and that helped with room placement. This happened last year too. They also brought us welcome gifts and gave us wrist band keys which are fantastic because you can swim with them and not fumbling for room keys. Apparently the keys are new but only for elites.

We have been told by reps in the past we are considered elite because we bought developer in NYC by Hilton club. I thought their lips were moving...so thought nothing of it.

OTOH, maybe they just meant preference because we are HGVC owners.

Attachments

• 20180617_103030.jpg
    20180617_103030.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Checked in midweek, and was pleased to be placed in a very high floor oceanfront again.

FWIW Front desk said we are elite and that helped with room placement. This happened last year too. They also brought us welcome gifts and gave us wrist band keys which are fantastic because you can swim with them and not fumbling for room keys. Apparently the keys are new but only for elites.

We have been told by reps in the past we are considered elite because we bought developer in NYC by Hilton club. I thought their lips were moving...so thought nothing of it.

OTOH, maybe they just meant preference because we are HGVC owners.

Nope we just checked out after 3 weeks. Did not get wristbands from grand islander and we are not elite as we are resale owners.

Did you buy direct for NYC?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Yes bought developer before we discovered Tug and resale.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
More elite than us resale buyers!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Nice to see at least some recognition with this (and AI benefit) given the pound of flesh we paid. :cool:

Going to Grand Islander next. Looking forward to checking it out.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
BTW...fun Korean BBQ cook-at-your-table restaurant across the street:

Korean Kangnam Gangnam BBQ
Near IHop.

The Foodland at Ala Moana also has a great poke bar where you can stock up your fridge.

Last edited:

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you are a view person you will be disappointed compared to lagoon oceanfront. GI has smaller balcony and room compared to lagoon premier 2br. Elevator situation is better than the lagoon tower. And point cost at GI os higher than lagoon.
Nice to see at least some recognition with this (and AI benefit) given the pound of flesh we paid. :cool:

Going to Grand Islander next. Looking forward to checking it out.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thanks @frank8. We are only there a few days so it will be good to compare. I hear GI has its own pool which should be less crowded.

One of my pet peeves are that kids are allowed into the spas. One mom brought her 4 kids to swim in the Kalia spa with dive masks making it very crowded and uncomfortable for the adults in the spa. I also do not think diving in hot water is healthy for the kids.

Her 3 year old with no flotation ventured into the main Kalia pool and fell off the stairs and could not swim. Thank goodness there was an adult who grabbed her because mom was not paying attention. Mom thought nothing of it even though her child was traumatized and continued to let her other kids annoy the other guests

One guest commented that this was her first visit and she was shocked that they would allow kids under 16 to play in the spa - especially when the spas are crowded.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
FYI here is the view from Grand Islander room 703. Resort view 2 Bdrm unit.

The view overlooking the pool and Hale Koa resort grounds was not bad for a resort view.

(Of course it does not hold a candle to an OV/OF view.)

It was nice to have the private pool too as HHV was very crowded.

20180620_115836.jpg