• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Maybe you can add an optional field, TUG user id? This person may still have not filled it out, but, sometimes, people like me are reluctant to provide an email. I wouldn't mind providing my TUG user id. Just a thought.
You can simply enter your TUG Username in the name field. Many people do that already. I tried searching for that user here on TUG, but there is no member on the BBS with that name.

byebye

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes it would be nice if there were some way to confirm these prices. I recently purchased a ASC and I wait until it passes ROFR to post. I did this in 2010 and will do it to this one as well. I was lucky in 2010 - I bought it 6/7/10 and just recently was able to transfer to points for free.

sandcfort

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVCI Points
How much is the Marriott transfer or reenrollment fee for buying on the secondary market? $2 per point or more.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I have looked to purchase Hyatt in the past as their trading power seemed great especially if you were trading for smaller units in II. Not a lot of Hyatt points were needed. This is the piece I am wondering on, how Hyatt’s will trade in II in the future.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
How much is the Marriott transfer or reenrollment fee for buying on the secondary market? $2 per point or more.
There have been several reports that it jumped up to $3 per point around April of 2018. Not sure if there is also a minimum that applies. It used to be $2 per point with a $3K minimum.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
The reports are true: $3 per point, with $3k minimum.

Keep in mind: this sets the amount of money that ultimately goes to Marriott, but there is no clear indication how it will affect the ROFR.
In fact, it seems as though Marriott has been more lenient lately (based on posts) on the MVC points with 'bundled' fees attached.

YMMV

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The reports are true: $3 per point, with $3k minimum.

Keep in mind: this sets the amount of money that ultimately goes to Marriott, but there is no clear indication how it will affect the ROFR.
In fact, it seems as though Marriott has been more lenient lately (based on posts) on the MVC points with 'bundled' fees attached.

YMMV
Perhaps the higher junk fees just drive down the offer price to the buyer. Perhaps making it more likely that Marriott exercises?

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
This is definitely a 'Soylent Green' cycle. .....It's POINTS!!!! :confused:

Buy points, give them back, buy points.....

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves
Resort In Cocoa Beach, FL
I've just had my second possible Marriott purchase ROFR again. Both units were EOY. I'll keep trying.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista

Jerrygomi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott just exercised ROFR on my $2036 purchase of annual 2BR red week at Desert Springs Villas II. Added to ROFR.net.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Do Tuggers think that the price per point for MVC DC Points will decrease further since they raised their activation fees from $2 to $3 pp?

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Do Tuggers think that the price per point for MVC DC Points will decrease further since they raised their activation fees from $2 to $3 pp?

Yes I do. I think here is a limit to how far the prices can drop, because Marriott can simply ROFR anything that is too cheap, but I do believe prices will drop to $2.00 - $2.50 per point, with some of them passing ROFR. I will be very curious to see how ROFR activity is affected by the merger, and if more things pass because the junk fee is attractive and Marriott's cash may be better spent on dividends, debt, and integration activities.

Best,

Greg

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott just enforced its ROFR on Harbour Lake EOY. I've posted it to ROFR.net.

Oscar923

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott exercised ROFR on my EOY Grand Chateau platinum 1 bedroom at $398. :( The case is added to ROFR.net database.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a MOC 2BDRM OF odd year pending at $11,700 all-in. It's been a week so hopefully I find out soon.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I just bought Marriott Destination Points at $2.25 per point plus $2 activation fee.

Just want to make a correction. This deal did not work out. I passed at $3 pp plus the $2 activation fee. So $5 per point for 7000 points total.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just added 1000 points to get to Executive level. Not sure how it passed. Got lucky for once.

Just want to clarify the $2.25 pp did not work out. I ended up buying a total of 7000 points to get to Execiutive level at $3 pp plus $2 activation fee.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have a MOC 2BDRM OF odd year pending at $11,700 all-in. It's been a week so hopefully I find out soon.

That would be a great price. Hope it passes.

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch

Just met a new friend that picked up one of those up three years ago...$10k. Hoping your’s passes. FWIW, My last three all got ROFR cleared within two weeks of submission.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just met a new friend that picked up one of those up three years ago...$10k. Hoping your’s passes. FWIW, My last three all got ROFR cleared within two weeks of submission.
I think it should pass. I think it's a very good price especially since it's an all-in price AND I'm getting a good 2019 week and not paying the 2018 fees. A number of sellers tried to pass those on and I pass on those deals. I'm likely to use the week and combine with a great offer I just got from Hyatt to preview a 2BDRM OF for $999 for 5 days. So it looks like Maui is in our future for 2019

toddc2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Club
That would be a great price. Hope it passes.

That would be a great all in price. After failing ROFR at $10k for the same unit, my broker said $12k is the safe zone. Your all in price implies a purchase price of just shy of $11k + fees, so it's going to be a close call. Keep us apprised!