• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Some rookie questions

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have not book anything using SVN dashboard so we have a couple of questions.

1) We are looking at booking Lagunamar next January for 2 weeks. We have a couple that will be coming for 1 of those weeks. We are thinking of booking a 1 bedroom for 2 days, then a 2 bedroom for 7 days and then back to a 1 bedroom for the remainder of the 2 weeks. The couple will be arriving the Monday and all the dates I need are available. No issues there. The question I have is, will they keep us in the same 1 bedroom and then just open up the studio when our friends arrive? This should be a no brainer but just checking. Is this something we request on check in or before?

2) When we book do we also have to pay for next years points then, or the regular time frame? Not an issue just want to know what to expect.

3) We will be banking this years points as our travel will not need them. Will they be used for our trip next January or will that be from our regular points or 2019? Do we define when we use the banked points or does Sheraton?

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
We have not book anything using SVN dashboard so we have a couple of questions.

1) We are looking at booking Lagunamar next January for 2 weeks. We have a couple that will be coming for 1 of those weeks. We are thinking of booking a 1 bedroom for 2 days, then a 2 bedroom for 7 days and then back to a 1 bedroom for the remainder of the 2 weeks. The couple will be arriving the Monday and all the dates I need are available. No issues there. The question I have is, will they keep us in the same 1 bedroom and then just open up the studio when our friends arrive? This should be a no brainer but just checking. Is this something we request on check in or before?

2) When we book do we also have to pay for next years points then, or the regular time frame? Not an issue just want to know what to expect.

3) We will be banking this years points as our travel will not need them. Will they be used for our trip next January or will that be from our regular points or 2019? Do we define when we use the banked points or does Sheraton?

1) They will try to keep you in the same room but there’s no guarantee. Put it in your special requests and they will have someone contact you before your trip. Request it then too, then at arrival. I find Lagunamar very accommodating.
Keep in mind you will get housekeeping fees most likely on that 2 day stay.

2) No, MF are dues usual time.

3) On your dashboard you will see your banked options. It will ask you what options you want to use. If you’re making a home resort reservation it always will default to that but you can decide to use banked vs another week if you have multiples.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
1) They will try to keep you in the same room but there’s no guarantee. Put it in your special requests and they will have someone contact you before your trip. Request it then too, then at arrival. I find Lagunamar very accommodating.
Keep in mind you will get housekeeping fees most likely on that 2 day stay.

2) No, MF are dues usual time.

3) On your dashboard you will see your banked options. It will ask you what options you want to use. If you’re making a home resort reservation it always will default to that but you can decide to use banked vs another week if you have multiples.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you very much.

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our Friends asked if it was possible for them to have a 1 bedroom instead of the studio. I have no idea if I can book 2, 1 bedroom units for the same time frame? Is that possible? Would I get a guest certificate for them? If it is possible how does that work?

If not I suppose I could bank a week with II and exchange through that maybe?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Our Friends asked if it was possible for them to have a 1 bedroom instead of the studio. I have no idea if I can book 2, 1 bedroom units for the same time frame? Is that possible? Would I get a guest certificate for them? If it is possible how does that work?

If not I suppose I could bank a week with II and exchange through that maybe?
Yes, you can book two separate 1BR reservations. No guaranty that the units would be close to each other. To make it work, you just book each reservation online. You will have to call to add the guest certificate ($59) to the other reservation. Though if you are present for checkin, the guest certificate may not be necessary.

I can understand what your friends are saying, the studio is kind of a downer with only a queen size bed.

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just booked our 2 weeks next January and when I tried to book another 1 bedroom it would not allow me to book any date within the 2 weeks already booked. I will have to call tomorrow to book it over the phone I am guessing.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Just booked our 2 weeks next January and when I tried to book another 1 bedroom it would not allow me to book any date within the 2 weeks already booked. I will have to call tomorrow to book it over the phone I am guessing.

So what did you find when you called?

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
So what did you find when you called?
Unfortunately, I work all day. Don't get home until tomorrow morning. I'll have to call them. I'll post back with I find out. Don't think it will be an issue.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Unfortunately, I work all day. Don't get home until tomorrow morning. I'll have to call them. I'll post back with I find out. Don't think it will be an issue.

Have you tried making the reservation again online since you first tried?

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just tried again. I can book before my dates, and after but not during.

It comes up with a tip that states "you may be searching for dates that do not have Villa availability."

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just tried again and it appears there are no 1 bedroom units available. I can get the dates I need in a studio.
If I book a studio now to secure it, can I then later cancel it if a 1 bedroom comes available? I am totally new to using SVN for booking anything. What are my options?

Just booked the studio hoping to upgrade to a 1 bedroom if possible. I will watch it to see if it comes available.

Last edited:

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I can ask a favour. I want to make sure that a 1 bedroom at Lagunamar for January 14 for 10 days is not available. I want to eliminate the possibility there isn't an issue because we have already booking a 1 bedroom for January 12 for 14 days.

It could be just not available but I would like to check it isn't something else that is the issue.

Can someone check to see if a 1 bedroom is available for the above date, thanks

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If I can ask a favour. I want to make sure that a 1 bedroom at Lagunamar for January 14 for 10 days is not available. I want to eliminate the possibility there isn't an issue because we have already booking a 1 bedroom for January 12 for 14 days.

It could be just not available but I would like to check it isn't something else that is the issue.

Can someone check to see if a 1 bedroom is available for the above date, thanks
I checked. Studio but not the 1BR is available with Jan 14 check in for 10 days.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
If you are okay with a move, you could do a 1BR for the first five nights and then the studio for the second half of the stay. I see the 1BR available checking in on the 14th for five nights. You could then also later try to upgrade that studio to a 1BR if it becomes available. At least you would have the first half secured in the 1BR.

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just checked WLR at 3:46 PDT. They have the room and dates you're looking for. Hopefully, it's still there when you check yourself. If it's gone, PM me. I booked the dates you need with Staroptions I won't use until later this year. We can schedule a release-catch time.

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just checked WLR at 3:46 PDT. They have the room and dates you're looking for. Hopefully, it's still there when you check yourself. If it's gone, PM me. I booked the dates you need with Staroptions I won't use until later this year. We can schedule a release-catch time.
I completely missed this post, thank you also for checking and letting me know. I worked 24 hours previously and was beat yesterday. Not sure how I missed it. Thanks again.
If you are okay with a move, you could do a 1BR for the first five nights and then the studio for the second half of the stay. I see the 1BR available checking in on the 14th for five nights. You could then also later try to upgrade that studio to a 1BR if it becomes available. At least you would have the first half secured in the 1BR.
I was thinking of the 5 day option as well. Thanks for the suggestion. You are always thinking ahead, thanks again.

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI, as stated in regards to guest certificates.
I just called into SVE and it was confirmed that since we are going to be there when our friends check in, no guest certificate is required and in the event we are not there or have to cancel our trip, they only need 24 hours notice prior to the check in to have their names put on the reservation for a fee.