• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKORV - WKORVN - Nanea - 15,000SPG points for owners update

duke

TUG Member
Reaction score
15,000SPG points for attending owners update for current owners of WKORV, WKORVN, Nanea.
Here now and for some reason they want current owners of these resorts to be at the update.
All others are 6,000 SPG points.
Your guess?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Your best future customer is your existing customer.

Maui_ed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WPORV, WKORV, WDW
I quit going to owner updates since they only offered 6,000 or fewer points. 15,000 SPG points might be enough to get me to go back....

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
They're really pushing for deeded owners in Maui to convert to the points program. At Kierland, that was their main pitch for us to do. (We didn't do it.)

And I guess if you already bought Nanea from the developer, they figure you're a good prospect for buying more points - if you're not a Tugger.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
They profit big time if they can get Hawaii owners to convert to Westin flex. Once by charging them a bunch of money, and secondly because what they are trading is mostly summer weeks in the desert for platinum Maui.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I received the same in March and this was before they were peddling Westin Flex. The big push at that time was that I needed to add a Nanea resort view since I owned Nanea OF and there were so few OF that I was not going to be able to book one even during my Home Resort period. It was truly a bunch of BS and I think I made the agent mad. Too bad. The good was that the 15,000 Starpoints posted about ten days after the sales presentation. I believe that's the fastest one has posted.

And by the way, I've already reserved my 2BR OF Nanea for next year for two weeks. So, it truly was a bunch of BS.

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
They really want those deeded weeks. I love how their pitch is that the deeds will be worthless / hard to book that you need to switch to Flex points and they’ll take that deed, please. LOL! They were also hot for my Lagunamar but at the same time telling how no one wants to go to Mexico . He kept circling back to my WLR deed.

I received 15k too in March. This has nothing to do with the impending Marriott sale. Also, when I said I had absolutely no interest in Nanea or Hawaii Flex suddenly there was deeded inventory available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nania, St. John
Gosh, we only got 6,000 points for doing the owner's update at Nanea the first week of March. Wonder why. And we are elite 5* . . . maybe they figured they wouldn't be able to sell us anything else.

Lanswitch

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas South
The Gardens at West Maui
Just wondering....
We have two weeks at the Westin KORV coming up. The first week is a regular reservation at our home resort and I’m pretty sure they’ll want us to attend an “Owners’ Update” meeting for some number of points.
The second week is to utilize an “Explorer Package” we purchased and we are obligated to sit through a “90 minute” presentation for which we will receive 50,000 points.
My question is, can we do BOTH presentations and receive points for both?
What’s the concensus of opinions?

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
No. Technically, you are supposed to do an owner update once a year. If they are desperate and think you’ll buy they may let you return before then but not back to back weeks just to accumulate points.

Lanswitch

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas South
The Gardens at West Maui
No. Technically, you are supposed to do an owner update once a year. If they are desperate and think you’ll buy they may let you return before then but not back to back weeks just to accumulate points.

Kinda what I thought. Oh well.

KevSki

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last month we got 15,000 points for an owner update at Nanea. The presentation was basically trade in your other timeshares and buy Nanea. The presentation lasted about 30 minutes when they realized we knew more than they did, thanks to TUG. This week we’re at Lagunamar and they offered us 10,000 points for an owner update about Aventuras. I told them we had just done an owner update last month, but they said they still would offer the points. 25,000 points in about a month’s time?....I’ll take it. Sounds they they are really trying to scoop up as much deeded inventory as quickly as possible.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
I was in Nanea last month and was offered 6000 points. Nah, thank you!

Maui_ed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WPORV, WKORV, WDW
6,000 seems to have been the norm recently. Hasn't been worth the aggravation to get the points. If they up the ante a bit more, I might reconsider....

farsighted99

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea (Maui)
So I'm here in Nanea right now. (May 22). They are trying hard to talk us into going to an owner's update. Offered 15,000 SPG Points, but both of us have to show up. Some 90 minute thing. Where they walk you around the premises and try to sell you something.

First of all, my husband doesn't want to go. Second, it's a waste of time. We aren't interested in another timeshare.

So what's this Flex plan about? Why would you want to switch from what we actually have? What do we lose if we agreed, and what do they gain?

Also, they are supposed to discuss the upcoming merger ???

If I go without my husband, I won't get the points. Like I said, that's the last thing he wants to do...

This is the first time we have stayed at a property (we bought two years ago, and rolled over last year's so we could get a 2-bedroom).

Maui_ed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WPORV, WKORV, WDW
I would seriously consider listening to them for 15,000 Starpoints. I am running low and would like to start building them back up. The Hawaii sales staff have been reasonably polite the last time we attended a presentation.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I would seriously consider listening to them for 15,000 Starpoints. I am running low and would like to start building them back up. The Hawaii sales staff have been reasonably polite the last time we attended a presentation.

In March, we attended the Owner's Update at Nanea. We showed no interest, told them we did not agree with a couple of things they said and told them we were not adding anything to our current portfolio. Once we showed no interest the meeting ended pretty soon. Never got to the "tour". I thought it was worth the 45 minutes to us for 15,000 Starpoints.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
I always go in the morning for 'breakfast' just to see the look of amazement on their faces at how many free cookies/pastries one man can eat in such a short time. The points are also nice :)
ha ha I love it! My husband does the same thing. We stayed with our 2 free nights at Kimpton Inn Grand Cayman and my husband ate dinner during their free wine horderve hour each evening. I just pretended I didn't know him

Pedro

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just signed for an update tomorrow at WKORV. I seriously doubt it will take more than 30’ (our record is 16’). We were offered 15,000 points for being owners. Otherwise, the standard offer is 6,000 starpoints.

Joshadelic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just realized this is my first post in a long time, but... I wouldn't attend an "Owners Update" for any less than 10k SPG points or $100. No way. My time is worth more than that and I'm not going to buy anything from them anyway... unless they offered me some seriously discounted SPG points.

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I'm here in Nanea right now. (May 22). They are trying hard to talk us into going to an owner's update. Offered 15,000 SPG Points, but both of us have to show up. Some 90 minute thing. Where they walk you around the premises and try to sell you something.

First of all, my husband doesn't want to go. Second, it's a waste of time. We aren't interested in another timeshare.

So what's this Flex plan about? Why would you want to switch from what we actually have? What do we lose if we agreed, and what do they gain?

Also, they are supposed to discuss the upcoming merger ???

If I go without my husband, I won't get the points. Like I said, that's the last thing he wants to do...

This is the first time we have stayed at a property (we bought two years ago, and rolled over last year's so we could get a 2-bedroom).

I would be very careful buying into Westin FLEX. No telling how MVC is going to modify it. I don't know how well Westin FLEX is selling, but there are rumors Hyatt's similar program, PPP, is not selling well at all. I suspect major changes are coming for both.. both were ill-conceived.

wannagotoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just came back from WKORV-N and it was 15K for me and I had friends staying in the studio so if they went (on their own/different sales agent) I was given an additional 4K and they received 20K. So if you are going with Starwood friends and can make appointments at the same time it seems worth it.

farsighted99

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea (Maui)
OKay. I'm back from Nanea. Went to the Owner's Update. It was okay; they were pretty nice about it. The first agent did her best to sell us more Nanea. Also, the FLEX program doesn't apply to Nanea, they are still selling deeds. Personally, I would never buy into that FLEX program anyway -- bad deal. We weren't interested in purchasing anything (will have a hard enough time just using our current purchase -- the one bedroom unit here at Nanea. Hawaii is 11 hours away). We actually booked a two bedroom for this stay by banking options from last year. Plus when we bought into Vistana, we were wanting to exchange for the St. John Resorts; which aren't currently available (because of rebuilding after the hurricanes last year). After pointing out several things that I heard 2 years ago (last beachfront property on Maui, best Vistana property, etc.); we declined the offer and got another agent (the closer, I guess). Basically told him (politely) that we weren't interested and just wanted any new information regarding the Marriott takeover of SPG and anything thing else they had to tell us (nothing I hadn't heard of from here). No walk around the property or anything. Then after saying "no thanks" again, we got a third fellow on the pretext that he wanted to ask us questions about the agents (a survey). Then he came up with some other pitch out of the blue (honestly by then I just wanted to go to the beach and the 90 minutes were over)... I don't even remember what he proposed. Something about a free week or something. We told him we weren't going to spend $27K on anything, and that was that. But they were all nice and decent about it.

I got the 15K points for suffering through the presentation about two weeks later. So can't really complain. (Wouldn't bother, though for 6K points). Can't blame them for trying; apparently their current owners are their best customers.

Nanea was a really lovely property. The accommodations were great. Except for that giant bathtub in the middle of the master bedroom's bathroom. Personally think that's a total waste of space. The pools and beach are very nice. Could have used an adult pool (or at least a part of the pool that was 6-8 feet deep). The beach has a bit of an undertow, so I found it a bit rough getting out of the ocean... the snorkeling is pretty good and they have sea turtles there.

Last edited: