• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

So far I love Interval International

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
How does the split work? Can I trade a Vistana week for two 6 day weeks?
If you have a lockoff unit, lock it off first, then you can do 4 short stays. Keep in mind the limited inventory though.

2saltydawgs

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
villa del palmar cabo san lucas
Hi 2saltydawgs:
WorldMark has the vast majority of resorts along the Oregon/Washington coast, and does not deposit summer weeks into II because they are in such high demand by owners.
If there is no supply, it doesn't matter what resort you are using to trade, there will be no match. For that area, you'll need to rent or do a direct trade with a WorldMark owner.

hudshut -
we only have 13 years left with our TS in Cabo - we'll continue to use it as an exchange property, and we are looking forward to exploring the Flamingos property(part of our home TS Villa Group) northwest of Nuevo Vallarta next year. I'll start putting exchange requests in more than 12 months out to see if we have better luck with some of the more popular resorts. Same as when we bought in - so long as we use it, it's not money wasted.
Thanks.

bedbon

TUG Member
Reaction score
My SDO timeshare finally closed. I purchased a gold plus 2 bedroom lock off in January and received notification last week that Vistana has recognized the change of ownership. I set up an II account today but was told it can take up two months to link it to my resort, but in the mean time I can browse the directory and purchase getaways. So are I am loving what I see. The quality of the resorts seem superior to RCI.
My SDO timeshare finally closed. I purchased a gold plus 2 bedroom lock off in January and received notification last week that Vistana has recognized the change of ownership. I set up an II account today but was told it can take up two months to link it to my resort, but in the mean time I can browse the directory and purchase getaways. So are I am loving what I see. The quality of the resorts seem superior to RCI.

bedbon

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have owned a timeshare at the Marriott Beach Club, Lihue, Hawaii, oceanfront, 1 bedroom lockout, any week, for about 4 years, we didn't want to use in 2019 so wanted to trade and heard we could trade through II. We own and do not have points. How do you enroll into II? Thank you for any information you have experienced with II

AgelessTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO
We have owned a timeshare at the Marriott Beach Club, Lihue, Hawaii, oceanfront, 1 bedroom lockout, any week, for about 4 years, we didn't want to use in 2019 so wanted to trade and heard we could trade through II. We own and do not have points. How do you enroll into II? Thank you for any information you have experienced with II

Hi,
You can call 1-800-468-3782 to enrol or enrol online. All you need is your timeshare information and they will confirm with the resort what you own. The process took less than a week for me.

bedbon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
You can call 1-800-468-3782 to enrol or enrol online. All you need is your timeshare information and they will confirm with the resort what you own. The process took less than a week for me.
thank you for the info. I hope I will be able to trade using this TS even though it is not points

2saltydawgs

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark system is very inexpensive to own, with both acquisition costs as well as MF. They have more than 90 locations along the West Coast. Worldmark almost never deposit summer weeks for highly sought after areas/resorts like Depoe Bay and and Seaside into II. If it is an area which you would like to go to for the next few years, you may consider buying WM points in the resale market. You will likely get back what you paid for when you decide you no longer want to visit these places.
For now, we're going to stay within Villa Group and we think we'll be happy exploring the area NW of Puerto Vallarta, and staying at VDP Flmingos - we'll know more after our January trip there. After that, we'll only have 12 years left on our 30 year TS buy - then we'll be free of using our TS and can more freely pick and choose vacation destinations. With so many options out there for vacation rentals, I think we can either rent condos, or someone else's TS for each week we want to travel, and not have to deal with yearly MF's or any other TS system of weeks or points.

2saltydawgs

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
update -
We loved the trip to Nuevo and VDP Flamingos! We plan to keep using that resort in next few years instead of our home resort in Cabo. There's so much new to us to explore, we barely scratched off much on our 3 page list of places to visit, eat, drink and explore. Bucerias is a very interesting town to explore.