• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Helping my aunt selling her timeshare at Grandview

BeeE

Reaction score
Hi!
My aunt and uncle has owned the timeshare at Grandview in Las Vegas for over 10 years and they used only one time. Her husband has passed away and she is 80 years old. She does not have much information about it.

I am trying to help her sell the timeshare..but no clue about it nor any information I can help her.

1. Can I contact Grandview to find more information? for example, how many points she has, etc.? what is the contacct number?
2. Where do usually people post the ads to sell it?
3. How about the transferable process? Is it difficult?

Any recommendation would be much appreciated.

thank you,
BeeE

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Can you find any paper work, maintenance fee bills, that would have their contract number on it? You can go to dailymanagementresorts.com and get it set up with a username and password so you can see what they have. Due to their age they might not have ever gotten set up online but if they have all you need is their email address then click on forgot password so you can set up a new password to log in. If you can't find a contract number you would have get on the phone with your aunt to speak to the resort. They shouldn't divulge anything without her authorizing them to speak to you. Otherwise you will probably need a power of attorney.

Maybe other people can help with what you would have to do because your uncle is deceased and cannot sign anything to transfer the deed to a new owner. Maybe provide a death certificate?

You will need to know:
1. Is it a points week or a fixed week?
2. When is their week, even if it is a points week?
3. If it is a points week, how many points, annual, biannual or triennial?
4. What size unit?
5. What the maintenance fees are and if they are current?
6. Do your aunt and uncle have an RCI account, how far is it paid up and would you be willing to transfer it to the new owner along with the deed? If a person is a first time owner with RCI there is a $224 fee but if they are already an owner it would only be $99. There is a fee to transfer the RCI account and I think it is even a little less. So transferring the RCI account if your aunt and uncle have one could save a buyer some money.

I'm not sure if there is as much demand for fixed weeks. If anyone would ask you it is cost prohibitive to convert a fixed week to points. If your aunt and uncle own a fixed week they would get trading power units (TPU's) for it if they deposited to trade to go elsewhere. Since I don't own any fixed weeks I'm not the most knowledgeable person about them but I think you only find out how many TPU's when you actually deposit the week for trade. I do know that if they would own a two bedroom, the two bedrooms are all two bedroom lock off units at Grandview, the units can be deposited separately and you get more TPU's that way.

A lot of people like owing at the Grandview property because the maintenance fees are so reasonable for the amount of annual points. If she would have a 122,000 point week you should be able to sell it for at least $1500 I would think. If she has a 98,000 point week, maybe as much as $500-$700. Those would both be two bedroom units. A 61,000 point week in a one bedroom should get you something too. With anything else you might get a little something and/or the the buyer to pay the closing costs and transfer fees but depending on what your aunt has you might have to offer to pay the closing costs and transfer fees to get someone to take it.

There is a bargain bin under Buying, Selling, Renting here on TUG and you could pay the $15 to join to be able to list it in the marketplace too.

There are a couple of transfer companies that people here on TUG use and would recommend. If you call one of them they can probably explain the transfer process and what you need to do. Take a look at the eBay listings for Grandview Las Vegas to see what the different fees typically are, closing costs, resort fees and RCI fees.

If your aunt has a points week, even if it is only a small points week, is there any chance you or another family member would want to take it over? It wouldn't be expensive to add your name or names to the deed. As many other people here on TUG will tell you, you can take a lot of amazing vacations with those points and never have to stay at your home resort if you don't want to. We have owned at Grandview for five years and just stayed there for the first time. On another thread I recently listed all the resorts we've stayed at in the past few years with our Grandview points so am adding it to this post so you can see what I'm talking about. If your aunt and uncle only used this once in 10 years then they had no idea how to use what they owned and missed out on a lot.

In the past several years through RCI using those Grandview Las Vegas points we've stayed at a number of great resorts here in Florida. Many of these weeks were holiday weeks and a lot of them were winter high demand weeks. I've probably missed a few but as you can see we've stayed at a number of fantastic resorts and all but 4 or maybe 5 of the weeks were the discounted point weeks or sale weeks. There isn't one resort we wouldn't go back to. We are able to book and travel within 2-5 weeks with our Grandview/RCI points which gets us the discounts and free upgrades to as we pay the extra to be RCI platinum. I always make it a point to add that I have the time and inclination to spend the time looking for the discounted reservations. There is a $239 exchange fee you pay per week and the sale weeks now run from $219-$269 with no points used and no exchange fee. Some of these weeks were in one bedroom units, many of these were two bedroom units and a few were in three bedroom units.

Twice at Disney's Saratoga Springs
Twice at Disney's Animal Kingdom in a savanna view unit
Also in Orlando through RCI in addition to Wyndham Bonnet Creek several times and Wyndham/Worldmark Reunion twice, we've stayed at Wyndham Star Island and Vacation Village at Parkway for three or maybe four weeks each. Some of the weeks at Star Island and VV at Pkwy were sale weeks.
Plantation Beach Club at Indian River in Stuart, FL, HGVC resort, twice for two consecutive weeks (HGVC is Hilton Grand Vacation Club)
Plantation House and Plantation Beach Club at South Seas Resort on Captiva Island, FL, HGVC resorts
Charter Club on Marco Island, FL, HGVC resort
On Sanibel Island, the Caribe Beach Resort 4 or 5 times, Lighthouse Resort, Sanibel Beach Club and Casa Ybel (HGVC resort)
Disney's Vero Beach Resort
In Boca Raton, FL at the Ventura twice and LaBoca Casa
Sunisands at New Smyrna Beach, FL
In Cocoa Beach the Discovery Beach Resort, Las Olas Beach Club and the Resort on Cocoa Beach twice
In Naples the Vanderbilt Beach Club twice and Gulf Pointe Intervals twice
Casa Blanca Resort in Panama City Beach
Sarasota Sands
Anchorage Resort and Yacht Club in Key Largo, FL

Outside of Florida I've booked several weeks at resorts on Hilton Head for my sister and once for myself at the Ocean Palms Resort at Port Royal. And last year we stayed for two weeks at the Wyndham Fairfield Bay resort in Arkansas with the sale weeks. We've sent friends to the Wyndham Smoky Mountains resort in Tennessee twice

There are usually always discounted point weeks and sale weeks available in Branson, MO, Weston, FL and a some other places too.

Last edited:

BeeE

Reaction score
Can you find any paper work, maintenance fee bills, that would have their contract number on it? You can go to dailymanagementresorts.com and get it set up with a username and password so you can see what they have. Due to their age they might not have ever gotten set up online but if they have all you need is their email address then click on forgot password so you can set up a new password to log in. If you can't find a contract number you would have get on the phone with your aunt to speak to the resort. They shouldn't divulge anything without her authorizing them to speak to you. Otherwise you will probably need a power of attorney.

Maybe other people can help with what you would have to do because your uncle is deceased and cannot sign anything to transfer the deed to a new owner. Maybe provide a death certificate?

You will need to know:
1. Is it a points week or a fixed week?
2. When is their week, even if it is a points week?
3. If it is a points week, how many points, annual, biannual or triennial?
4. What size unit?
5. What the maintenance fees are and if they are current?
6. Do your aunt and uncle have an RCI account, how far is it paid up and would you be willing to transfer it to the new owner along with the deed? If a person is a first time owner with RCI there is a $224 fee but if they are already an owner it would only be $99. There is a fee to transfer the RCI account and I think it is even a little less. So transferring the RCI account if your aunt and uncle have one could save a buyer some money.

I'm not sure if there is as much demand for fixed weeks. If anyone would ask you it is cost prohibitive to convert a fixed week to points. If your aunt and uncle own a fixed week they would get trading power units (TPU's) for it if they deposited to trade to go elsewhere. Since I don't own any fixed weeks I'm not the most knowledgeable person about them but I think you only find out how many TPU's when you actually deposit the week for trade. I do know that if they would own a two bedroom, the two bedrooms are all two bedroom lock off units at Grandview, the units can be deposited separately and you get more TPU's that way.

A lot of people like owing at the Grandview property because the maintenance fees are so reasonable for the amount of annual points. If she would have a 122,000 point week you should be able to sell it for at least $1500 I would think. If she has a 98,000 point week, maybe as much as $500-$700. Those would both be two bedroom units. A 61,000 point week in a one bedroom should get you something too. With anything else you might get a little something and/or the the buyer to pay the closing costs and transfer fees but depending on what your aunt has you might have to offer to pay the closing costs and transfer fees to get someone to take it.

There is a bargain bin under Buying, Selling, Renting here on TUG and you could pay the $15 to join to be able to list it in the marketplace too.

There are a couple of transfer companies that people here on TUG use and would recommend. If you call one of them they can probably explain the transfer process and what you need to do. Take a look at the eBay listings for Grandview Las Vegas to see what the different fees typically are, closing costs, resort fees and RCI fees.

If your aunt has a points week, even if it is only a small points week, is there any chance you or another family member would want to take it over? It wouldn't be expensive to add your name or names to the deed. As many other people here on TUG will tell you, you can take a lot of amazing vacations with those points and never have to stay at your home resort if you don't want to. We have owned at Grandview for five years and just stayed there for the first time. On another thread I recently listed all the resorts we've stayed at in the past few years with our Grandview points so am adding it to this post so you can see what I'm talking about. If your aunt and uncle only used this once in 10 years then they had no idea how to use what they owned and missed out on a lot.

In the past several years through RCI using those Grandview Las Vegas points we've stayed at a number of great resorts here in Florida. Many of these weeks were holiday weeks and a lot of them were winter high demand weeks. I've probably missed a few but as you can see we've stayed at a number of fantastic resorts and all but 4 or maybe 5 of the weeks were the discounted point weeks or sale weeks. There isn't one resort we wouldn't go back to. We are able to book and travel within 2-5 weeks with our Grandview/RCI points which gets us the discounts and free upgrades to as we pay the extra to be RCI platinum. I always make it a point to add that I have the time and inclination to spend the time looking for the discounted reservations. There is a $239 exchange fee you pay per week and the sale weeks now run from $219-$269 with no points used and no exchange fee. Some of these weeks were in one bedroom units, many of these were two bedroom units and a few were in three bedroom units.

Twice at Disney's Saratoga Springs
Twice at Disney's Animal Kingdom in a savanna view unit
Also in Orlando through RCI in addition to Wyndham Bonnet Creek several times and Wyndham/Worldmark Reunion twice, we've stayed at Wyndham Star Island and Vacation Village at Parkway for three or maybe four weeks each. Some of the weeks at Star Island and VV at Pkwy were sale weeks.
Plantation Beach Club at Indian River in Stuart, FL, HGVC resort, twice for two consecutive weeks (HGVC is Hilton Grand Vacation Club)
Plantation House and Plantation Beach Club at South Seas Resort on Captiva Island, FL, HGVC resorts
Charter Club on Marco Island, FL, HGVC resort
On Sanibel Island, the Caribe Beach Resort 4 or 5 times, Lighthouse Resort, Sanibel Beach Club and Casa Ybel (HGVC resort)
Disney's Vero Beach Resort
In Boca Raton, FL at the Ventura twice and LaBoca Casa
Sunisands at New Smyrna Beach, FL
In Cocoa Beach the Discovery Beach Resort, Las Olas Beach Club and the Resort on Cocoa Beach twice
In Naples the Vanderbilt Beach Club twice and Gulf Pointe Intervals twice
Casa Blanca Resort in Panama City Beach
Sarasota Sands
Anchorage Resort and Yacht Club in Key Largo, FL

Outside of Florida I've booked several weeks at resorts on Hilton Head for my sister and once for myself at the Ocean Palms Resort at Port Royal. And last year we stayed for two weeks at the Wyndham Fairfield Bay resort in Arkansas with the sale weeks. We've sent friends to the Wyndham Smoky Mountains resort in Tennessee twice

There are usually always discounted point weeks and sale weeks available in Branson, MO, Weston, FL and a some other places too.

Hi Jan!
Thank you very much for a lot of info here. Yes, I do know the contract ID# (thanks god) and also was able to login the dailymanagementresort.com per your suggested. however, I could not find any info relating to #1-6 above in the website :( Does it usually show in the account info? Or should I call the grandview to find those infomation?

Reall much appreciated your time typing these information. Really help me to understand a bit about how the timeshare works.

Thanks again!

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you can get even some rudimentary information from Vacation Village we can help you a lot more. It’s a difficult situation. Some Grandview points Contracts are valuable.

BeeE

Reaction score
If you can get even some rudimentary information from Vacation Village we can help you a lot more. It’s a difficult situation. Some Grandview points Contracts are valuable.
Do you know what the contact number for Vacation village?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Having the contract # and being able to log in is an immense help. When you log in and open your account on dailymanagementresorts.com, click on view then when it opens up click on account history further down on that page. That will tell you how much the maintenance fees are and from that we can tell if they own a one or two bedroom. If it is a two bedroom the 2018 maintenance fees are $803 and the 2017 were $765. A one bedroom will be just a few dollars more than half of that. Biannual and triennial will be half or a third.

Also when you click on view you will see the occupancy date which is the week they own, whether points or fixed. If they do have points this is the point chart for Grandview.

Weeks 1-2, 48-50 - 30,500/61,000 points (One Bedroom/Two Bedroom)
Weeks 3-8, 46-47 - 40,000/80,000
Weeks 9-37, 51 - 49,000/98,000
Weeks 38-45, 52 - 61,000/122,000

At the bottom of Daily Management's website page you will see contact us. If you click on it you can send them a message to get whatever information you can't find on your own. The next step would be if your aunt is unable to call then you could call Grandview, 702-966-4700, saying you are your aunt and tell them you need help with figuring out what you have since your husband passed and he handled things. At this point I'm sure you know your aunt and uncle's address, phone number, dates of birth and email address if they have one, so have all the info you need to be able to say you are your aunt. Unless of course you are a male because that won't work! However if you are a male then you could claim to be your uncle as they likely have no idea he passed and say your wife normally handles things but is unable to do so at this time.

Were you able to find out if your uncle and aunt have or had an RCI account? Daily Management and Grandview may not know. The Vacation Village owners number for RCI is 866-724-3333. Someone at RCI should be able to help you. If they bought their week as points and let their RCI account lapse you will need to find out if their underlying week reverted to a fixed week. It might be as simple as reestablishing the RCI account to get it back into points since I'm guessing they bought developer in the first place.

Last edited:

BeeE

Reaction score
Having the contract # and being able to log in is an immense help. When you log in and open your account on dailymanagementresorts.com, click on view then when it opens up click on account history further down on that page. That will tell you how much the maintenance fees are and from that we can tell if they own a one or two bedroom. If it is a two bedroom the 2018 maintenance fees are $803 and the 2017 were $765. A one bedroom will be just a few dollars more than half of that. Biannual and triennial will be half or a third.

Also when you click on view you will see the occupancy date which is the week they own, whether points or fixed. If they do have points this is the point chart for Grandview.

Weeks 1-2, 48-50 30,500/61,000 points (One Bedroom/Two Bedroom)
Weeks 3-8, 46-47 40,000/80,000
Weeks 9-37, 51 49,000/98,000
Weeks 38-45, 52 61,000/122,000

At the bottom of Daily Management's website page you will see contact us. If you click on it you can send them a message to get whatever information you can't find on your own. The next step would be if your aunt is unable to call then you could call Grandview, 702-966-4700, saying you are your aunt and tell them you need help with figuring out what you have since your husband passed and he handled things. At this point I'm sure you know your aunt and uncle's address, phone number, dates of birth and email address if they have one, so have all the info you need to be able to say you are your aunt. Unless of course you are a male because that won't work! However if you are a male then you could claim to be your uncle as they likely have no idea he passed and say your wife normally handles things but is unable to do so at this time.

Were you able to find out if your uncle and aunt have or had an RCI account? Daily Management and Grandview may not know. The Vacation Village owners number for RCI is 866-724-3333. Someone at RCI should be able to help you. If they bought their week as points and let their RCI account lapse you will need to find out if their underlying week reverted to a fixed week. It might be as simple as reestablishing the RCI account to get it back into points since I'm guessing they bought developer in the first place.

Hi Jan!
Thanksss SO MUCH with all information. I managed to call Grandview and RCI and added my aunt to the call, so they pretty gave all info I needed. This is what my aunt has I may need your advice on how to sell.

1. Their timeshare is fixed weeks/annual
2. 1 bedroom 800 sqf
3. No point weeks. They have the RCI account, but it was inactive since 2016. So she does not have any point weeks.They said that she could renew it with $99, but They will have to start over with collecting all the weeks point again. Is this true statement?

Grandview also explain how to transferable process is, where to send the form, etc....I read other posts and it seems that they have a service company call LT transfers to help this. Is it reliable?

Do you think it is better to give this timeshare away to someone else or can she make a bit money on it?

Where can I post my ads? Is it in the Bargain Deals?

PS: My aunt is very happy and said Thank you many time that I called and found out the info. She has been worried about it a few years since her husband passed away. So really appreciated all your help and advice :)

Thank you!
Bee

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I'm not sure I understand what they told you. Are you saying that if you pay the $99 then her week will then be in points again? And by starting over did they mean that points wouldn't be available until her next use year? Which I would expect. If all it would take is $99 to get the week back into points then it would make it more appealing to someone interested in it and doing that may not be an option for a new owner. If getting the week re-enrolled in points for $99 isn't possible or she doesn't have a 61,000 point week or possibly even a 49,000 point week, for fixed weeks that would be a peak or high season week, then I doubt she will get much if anything for it. If she hasn't already missed her week for this year you could rent it out or offer it to a potential buyer.

Did you see what the occupancy start date is or did they tell you which week it was?

From following the posts here on TUG it appears that many people use LT transfers.

Additional Fees Include:
Closing Costs: $99-$650 I think I remember reading that LT Transfers charges no more than $200 but it could be less.
Resort transfer Fee: $250.00
RCI Enrollment Fee: $224 or $98 if an RCI Points Member Currently
Sometimes the closing cost and transfer fee are split, sometimes paid by the buyer and sometimes by the seller.. I've even seen sellers paying the RCI enrollment fee but not often. That is usually paid by the buyer.

Yes you can list this in the Bargain Bin here on TUG. I haven't looked at the listings in the TUG marketplace to see what is currently being offered and the prices.

I am strongly urging you to see if a family member would want it. If it would be a family member it wouldn't cost much just to add their name or names to her deed. The resort would send you the paperwork to do that. The timeshare deeds I've seen are by survivorship so no need to spend the $250 to transfer it if it would be someone in the family. If you are giving it to family, in-laws or friends they should pay any fees or costs as a matter of courtesy.

If no family or friends want it and no buyer is willing to pay enough to cover the fees and closing costs to take it over, you should probably consider contacting the resort to find out about surrendering the deed back to the resort.

Both you and she are welcome. Glad I could help.

klynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi!
My aunt and uncle has owned the timeshare at Grandview in Las Vegas for over 10 years and they used only one time. Her husband has passed away and she is 80 years old. She does not have much information about it.

I am trying to help her sell the timeshare..but no clue about it nor any information I can help her.

1. Can I contact Grandview to find more information? for example, how many points she has, etc.? what is the contacct number?
2. Where do usually people post the ads to sell it?
3. How about the transferable process? Is it difficult?

Any recommendation would be much appreciated.

thank you,
BeeE

Grandview will take a deed back for a $500. fee as long as there is nothing owing and the MF are up to date.

BeeE

Reaction score
Grandview will take a deed back for a $500. fee as long as there is nothing owing and the MF are up to date.
Really? I just called them and they said they dont take it back though.

BeeE

Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand what they told you. Are you saying that if you pay the $99 then her week will then be in points again? And by starting over did they mean that points wouldn't be available until her next use year? Which I would expect. If all it would take is $99 to get the week back into points then it would make it more appealing to someone interested in it and doing that may not be an option for a new owner. If getting the week re-enrolled in points for $99 isn't possible or she doesn't have a 61,000 point week or possibly even a 49,000 point week, for fixed weeks that would be a peak or high season week, then I doubt she will get much if anything for it. If she hasn't already missed her week for this year you could rent it out or offer it to a potential buyer.

Did you see what the occupancy start date is or did they tell you which week it was?

From following the posts here on TUG it appears that many people use LT transfers.

Additional Fees Include:
Closing Costs: $99-$650 I think I remember reading that LT Transfers charges no more than $200 but it could be less.
RCI Enrollment Fee: $224 or $98 if an RCI Points Member Currently
Sometimes the closing cost and transfer fee are split, sometimes paid by the buyer and sometimes by the seller.. I've even seen sellers paying the RCI enrollment fee but not often. That is usually paid by the buyer.

Yes you can list this in the Bargain Bin here on TUG. I haven't looked at the listings in the TUG marketplace to see what is currently being offered and the prices.

I am strongly urging you to see if a family member would want it. If it would be a family member it wouldn't cost much just to add their name or names to her deed. The resort would send you the paperwork to do that. The timeshare deeds I've seen are by survivorship so no need to spend the $250 to transfer it if it would be someone in the family. If you are giving it to family, in-laws or friends they should pay any fees or costs as a matter of courtesy.

If no family or friends want it and no buyer is willing to pay enough to cover the fees and closing costs to take it over, you should probably consider contacting the resort to find out about surrendering the deed back to the resort.

Both you and she are welcome. Glad I could help.

Hi!
Yes, if she pays $99, she will be points again. I did not ask about if point weeks will be available until her next use year. I stop asking since they said the week point will be zero even she pays. Yes, make more sense to get it appeal to the buyer if we pay the $99. Anyway, I do not know how it works though to keep all the week points.

They can use Grandview the week 26 (I am not sure what it means), but it is between March 26 - April 1 which already passed :(

Thanks for the info regarding the LT Transfer. I will call them up on Monday to find out the fees.

The family member would be us, but we are not intersted in using it though. I think her intention is to get rid of it as soon as possible. I wll post the ads in Bargain bin as soon as possible after I find out al the fees first.

Thank you again for your all help!!!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Hi!
Yes, if she pays $99, she will be points again. I did not ask about if point weeks will be available until her next use year. I stop asking since they said the week point will be zero even she pays. Yes, make more sense to get it appeal to the buyer if we pay the $99. Anyway, I do not know how it works though to keep all the week points.

They can use Grandview the week 26 (I am not sure what it means), but it is between March 26 - April 1 which already passed :(

Thanks for the info regarding the LT Transfer. I will call them up on Monday to find out the fees.

The family member would be us, but we are not intersted in using it though. I think her intention is to get rid of it as soon as possible. I wll post the ads in Bargain bin as soon as possible after I find out al the fees first.

Thank you again for your all help!!!

This year week 26 is, depending on the check in day, June 29, 30 or July 1. If the days of March 26 to April 1 are correct then it is likely either week 12 or 13. That is often a Spring Break and March Madness time too which is great! But either way makes it a 49,000 point week. It makes more sense that it would be either week 12 or 13 as it has already passed and why there would be no points for this year.

Just so you know in case a potential buyer would ask, once it is back in points if they want to use the week they actually own they have to book it 11-12 months in advance or they are stuck using the points. Also there is no exchange fee when you do book and use "your" week. I would never recommend using the week they actually own instead of the points as reservations are very easy to get at Grandview Las Vegas, especially in a one bedroom. Reservations at Grandview in one bedroom units and often two bedroom units too are available with both sale weeks or discounted point weeks all the time.

Another thing to know is that owners at Grandview Las Vegas as part of the Vacation Village family of resorts get a "free" week an a number of resorts for no points just a fee, usually anywhere from $219-$269 depending on the unit size and time of year. But those "free weeks" are within 45 days of check in. There is really quite a lot available and a lot of resorts to choose from.

Something else you might be asked. If you aren't able to use any or all of your points in your use year you can pay a fee to extend them.

Another perk of owning at Grandview is if you agree to attend a sales presentation owners get offered better choices of what they receive for attending. We just did it when we stayed there as it was our first time staying there and we wanted the grand tour. They took us to the lunch buffet at Southpoint which was very good. We could have picked an earlier time and gone to the breakfast buffet but lunch is more expensive and they paid so duh. Instead of an $80 gift card we selected one of the options to pay for show tickets. The one we selected included dinner. We paid $50 and got two very good seats in the third row to see Mystere, a Cirque du Soleil show at Treasure Island and the dinner buffet at TI. Even if you figure that it cost us $130, the $80 gift card we gave up and the $50 we paid, it was a excellent value. I had the list of options ahead of time so searched online and the cheapest tickets I could find for Mystere were more than that! The food was very good and we both loved the show.

You should contact the resort to get an estoppel letter as most buyers will want to see one. It confirms that the deed has no encumbrances or liens, is paid in full, no special assessments owed and that the maintenance fees are paid up to date.

I would guess that anyone who wants this, at least anyone who knows what they are doing, it will want you to pay the $99 to get it back in the points program before the deed gets transferred. You may want to proceed with doing that now so you can definitely tell prospective buyers it is points. Otherwise you get a lot of how can I be sure questions from potential buyers. What I'm not sure of and you will want to ask is if the $99 includes the first year's membership fee in RCI. Unless the prospective buyer is already an RCI member it would save them money to have you transfer the RCI account to them as part of the deal. However before you do this give some thought as to whether or not you might be better off to just pay the resort $500 to take the deed back.

To transfer your RCI subscribing membership, you must fill out a Membership Transfer Application (MTA). You can find an application on the RCI website. Once you’ve completed your application, you fax or mail the form back to RCI®, as indicated on the form. The fee is $98.

Another thing to consider if paying the $99 to get the week back into points includes the first year's membership in RCI is instead of transferring the account to the new owner you could keep the account for yourself. It would allow you to buy and use last minute weeks and sale weeks. Many people keep their RCI account to be able to do that.

After you get a figure from LT Transfers about what they charge. Tally up all those fees and transfer costs to come up with a total.
Back into points fee: $99
Closing Costs: ?
RCI Enrollment Fee: $224 or $98 if an RCI Points Member Currently (Your option to include this or not.)
or instead
Potential transfer of account fee, MTA: $98 (Sorry I'm not sure if the $98 fee in the line above would still apply but I think it might as it applies to the deed not the RCI account.)

You could also try putting an ad on Craig's List, your local paper or weekly penny pincher. If you use Craig's list don't give your phone number or email address in the listing. But you will still likely get a number of responses of people offering to help you sell your timeshare. Don't fall for it or reply to them. Make sure you emphasize that it is a Spring Break/March Madness week. I would list a price and say it includes all fees and transfer costs. you could even post what you have for sale on a bulletin board at work or on Facebook.

When you place your ad here on TUG or even in the bargain bin make sure you list all the various costs and fees. You might consider listing it as best offer over those fees and transfer costs if you list it in the bargain bin. I hope you are able to recover the closing costs and transfer fees but the reality is that unless you have luck selling it elsewhere you may have to pay them to get someone to take it for nothing. If that is the case it might be cheaper to pay the $500 as someone else mentioned to have the resort take the deed back.

Last edited:

klynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Really? I just called them and they said they dont take it back though.
I know of two people that are currently in the deed back process right now. Do you want me to send you a private message on who to contact?

BeeE

Reaction score
I know of two people that are currently in the deed back process right now. Do you want me to send you a private message on who to contact?
Yes please. Thank you very much!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
it may be that they will take back weeks that have been converted to RCi points...as those tend to retain some bit of resale value from what ive seen compared to just regular traditional weeks at grandview.

either way, you should most certainly at least offer it for free here in the bargain deals section before paying even GV to take it back...might get lucky and someone wants to take it over from you and save you a few hundred bucks!

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
It sounds like you have a fixed week 26. Not a points week. Find out the Trading Power Units it holds with RCI.
We only have one points timeshare. All others are fixed weeks. Prefer them probably because I had them first. And have had good TPUs.
Vacation Village also has internal exchanges with its other VV properties at a lower exchange rate. Also have discounted RCI exchange rate for owners of VV. Pretty sure you won’t have trouble selling this week.
Gook Luck !
Silentg

BeeE

Reaction score
This year week 26 is, depending on the check in day, June 29, 30 or July 1. If the days of March 26 to April 1 are correct then it is likely either week 12 or 13. That is often a Spring Break and March Madness time too which is great! But either way makes it a 49,000 point week. It makes more sense that it would be either week 12 or 13 as it has already passed and why there would be no points for this year.

Just so you know in case a potential buyer would ask, once it is back in points if they want to use the week they actually own they have to book it 11-12 months in advance or they are stuck using the points. Also there is no exchange fee when you do book and use "your" week. I would never recommend using the week they actually own instead of the points as reservations are very easy to get at Grandview Las Vegas, especially in a one bedroom. Reservations at Grandview in one bedroom units and often two bedroom units too are available with both sale weeks or discounted point weeks all the time.

Another thing to know is that owners at Grandview Las Vegas as part of the Vacation Village family of resorts get a "free" week an a number of resorts for no points just a fee, usually anywhere from $219-$269 depending on the unit size and time of year. But those "free weeks" are within 45 days of check in. There is really quite a lot available and a lot of resorts to choose from.

Something else you might be asked. If you aren't able to use any or all of your points in your use year you can pay a fee to extend them.

Another perk of owning at Grandview is if you agree to attend a sales presentation owners get offered better choices of what they receive for attending. We just did it when we stayed there as it was our first time staying there and we wanted the grand tour. They took us to the lunch buffet at Southpoint which was very good. We could have picked an earlier time and gone to the breakfast buffet but lunch is more expensive and they paid so duh. Instead of an $80 gift card we selected one of the options to pay for show tickets. The one we selected included dinner. We paid $50 and got two very good seats in the third row to see Mystere, a Cirque du Soleil show at Treasure Island and the dinner buffet at TI. Even if you figure that it cost us $130, the $80 gift card we gave up and the $50 we paid, it was a excellent value. I had the list of options ahead of time so searched online and the cheapest tickets I could find for Mystere were more than that! The food was very good and we both loved the show.

You should contact the resort to get an estoppel letter as most buyers will want to see one. It confirms that the deed has no encumbrances or liens, is paid in full, no special assessments owed and that the maintenance fees are paid up to date.

I would guess that anyone who wants this, at least anyone who knows what they are doing, it will want you to pay the $99 to get it back in the points program before the deed gets transferred. You may want to proceed with doing that now so you can definitely tell prospective buyers it is points. Otherwise you get a lot of how can I be sure questions from potential buyers. What I'm not sure of and you will want to ask is if the $99 includes the first year's membership fee in RCI. Unless the prospective buyer is already an RCI member it would save them money to have you transfer the RCI account to them as part of the deal. However before you do this give some thought as to whether or not you might be better off to just pay the resort $500 to take the deed back.

To transfer your RCI subscribing membership, you must fill out a Membership Transfer Application (MTA). You can find an application on the RCI website. Once you’ve completed your application, you fax or mail the form back to RCI®, as indicated on the form. The fee is $98.

Another thing to consider if paying the $99 to get the week back into points includes the first year's membership in RCI is instead of transferring the account to the new owner you could keep the account for yourself. It would allow you to buy and use last minute weeks and sale weeks. Many people keep their RCI account to be able to do that.

After you get a figure from LT Transfers about what they charge. Tally up all those fees and transfer costs to come up with a total.
Back into points fee: $99
Closing Costs: ?
RCI Enrollment Fee: $224 or $98 if an RCI Points Member Currently (Your option to include this or not.)
or instead
Potential transfer of account fee, MTA: $98 (Sorry I'm not sure if the $98 fee in the line above would still apply but I think it might as it applies to the deed not the RCI account.)

You could also try putting an ad on Craig's List, your local paper or weekly penny pincher. If you use Craig's list don't give your phone number or email address in the listing. But you will still likely get a number of responses of people offering to help you sell your timeshare. Don't fall for it or reply to them. Make sure you emphasize that it is a Spring Break/March Madness week. I would list a price and say it includes all fees and transfer costs. you could even post what you have for sale on a bulletin board at work or on Facebook.

When you place your ad here on TUG or even in the bargain bin make sure you list all the various costs and fees. You might consider listing it as best offer over those fees and transfer costs if you list it in the bargain bin. I hope you are able to recover the closing costs and transfer fees but the reality is that unless you have luck selling it elsewhere you may have to pay them to get someone to take it for nothing. If that is the case it might be cheaper to pay the $500 as someone else mentioned to have the resort take the deed back.

Thanks Jan! for all the advice. Let me read through your message again and will get back if need other advice. :))))) thank you so much!

BeeE

Reaction score
Hi Jan!
After reading your message including talking to a friend who own the timeshare, they are all encouraging me to keep it since we have 2 small kids :)

Yes, I was wrong with the week number. She actually owns it week 12th which is during a spring break (which is wonderfull like you said).

Her week was between March 25 until April 1. RCI said that I can keep this year's week point after she renews her account. Do you know how many weeks point will she get for one week at Grandview? How many weeks points are we able to use for other resorts? Do they have any website to look at it?

Back to your question about occupancy week, it is 3/21/2010

Also, is it difficult to book the hotel at the different resorts? I am not sure how it works.

My friend said we can get a welcome book or the resort exchange book? Should I request from the Grandview?

Also, if she add my name on the deed, we can go to Grandview and listen to all the benetift, correct?

Thank you!
Bee

BeeE

Reaction score
Also, how do we collect the point weeks? Thank you!

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, if she add my name on the deed, we can go to Grandview and listen to all the benetift, correct?

If you're talking about one of those "owner's updates", then the answer is Yes, you can listen to all the benefits. But keep in mind that those sales people will tell you anything, even if it's false, to get you to pay thousands of dollars for these benefits that are worth maybe a couple hundred dollars.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I'm so happy to hear that you are going to keep it! In the years to come you will be so glad you did.

As soon as possible you need to pay the $99 to get the week back into points. Next get you and your husband added to the deed or get it transferred to the two of you. If you can't get your names listed first on both the deed and the RCI account then you might want to spend the money to transfer them to the two of you. Otherwise the reservations will very likely show up in her name so when you go to check in that could be an issue.

The 49,000 points you will get for this week will be automatically added to your account every year. Once you get the RCI account activated and the week back in points you can book anything that is available at any one of the thousands of resorts in the RCI system. If you find that you don't have enough points for a reservation you want you can either borrow points from the next use year or rent the points you need., As soon as the points are in the account you can start making reservations or booking sale weeks. You can use all the points to stay wherever you like. We've owned at Grandview for 5 years and earlier this month just got back from staying there for the first time.

Timeshares are different than hotels. You don't have daily maid service but there is a towel exchange available. Most resorts have one and two bedroom units but there are a few resorts that have hotel units, some that have studios and some have 3 bedroom units. The kitchens are fully equipped, bedding, sheets and towels are provided. Most resorts have washers and dryers in the units or laundry facilities on site. Once you start staying in the timeshare resorts you get spoiled and it will be hard to stay in a hotel.

When you log into her RCI account you will be able to see everything that is available and can see the directory of resorts too. You will be able to see more about the resorts online than you can see in the book directory. I believe you can order a printed directory from RCI for a fee but I wouldn't waste the money.

You can also look on the Vacation Village website to see all of their family of resorts.

Let me know when you get the week back into points and can log in on RCI. I will send you my phone number in a private message and we can each log into our accounts while we are on the phone. I can walk you through a lot of stuff. and it will be so much easier to understand when you can actually see it while I'm explaining.

In the meantime if you have more questions I will be glad to try to answer them.

BeeE

Reaction score
Thank you SO MUCH! I will call both Grandview and RCI tomorrow to find out if I can add my name on her deed.Hopefully we can do on both. I am pretty excited now.

I will definately keep you posted.

Thank you again Jan :)