• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I need 200K MR points [Lifetime MR status - MERGED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I cannot find my lifetime points listed online either. I only can see lifetime nights. And on the Marriott app it has my lifetime nights correct but has "0" as lifetime points.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 2 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd)
My lifetime points are missing as is my lifetime gold status. It only has my lifetime nights (610), my 2018 stats and what is required to renew platinum elite. I have no change of getting to 750 by year end so my 2.5m lifetimes points that are missing doesnt concern me but if either was reachable in 2018, I would want access to this info. I am sure what ever the issue is will be fixed.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
My account is a bit weird... when I first sign in, it takes me to the old looking site, and if I click My Account, and then Account Overview, it takes me to the new looking site. And it forces me to sign in again to get to the new looking site.

I can see my lifetime nights and lifetime points in the old looking site, but if I flip to the new looking site, only my lifetime nights are shown.

That may explain why some are reporting seeing them, and others are not.

ETA] Not sure if this works for everybody, but when I am in the new version, and if I click my name in upper right corner, then click Platinum Benefits (yours may be Gold or Silver or whatever) on the page that pops up, it takes me back to the old version of the site, and I can click on Marriott Rewards Overview in the menu bar and from the screen that pops up after that, I can click Nights under my current year nights and up pops up the screen with lifetime nights and lifetime points. Give it a shot and see if it works for those that have lost the lifetime points viewing ability.

Last edited:

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
I just checked as well. Lifetime nights are visible but not lifetime points.

hpy2go

Reaction score
My account is a bit weird... when I first sign in, it takes me to the old looking site, and if I click My Account, and then Account Overview, it takes me to the new looking site. And it forces me to sign in again to get to the new looking site.

I can see my lifetime nights and lifetime points in the old looking site, but if I flip to the new looking site, only my lifetime nights are shown.

ETA] Not sure if this works for everybody, but when I am in the new version, and if I click my name in upper right corner, then click Platinum Benefits (yours may be Gold or Silver or whatever) on the page that pops up, it takes me back to the old version of the site, and I can click on Marriott Rewards Overview in the menu bar and from the screen that pops up after that, I can click Nights under my current year nights and up pops up the screen with lifetime nights and lifetime points. Give it a shot and see if it works for those that have lost the lifetime points viewing ability.

Very creative! I'm impressed ;) But seriously, thanks for that method. At least the numbers are what I expect.

Now, how to get the needed points...

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well I guess this is one way of hiding the problem.
Another extended website outage for maintenance
Or could it be action to resolve the problem - ever the optimist!
I guess I will try again this afternoon (UK time)
Dear Owners,
Due to system maintenance, this Website will not be available from approximately 11.55 p.m. EDT on Tuesday, May 8 until approximately 8:00 a.m. EDT on Wednesday, May 9. Should you require assistance, please contact Owner Services at 1-800-845-4226 (if your resort is in the United States or Canada) or 1-800-650-5720 (if your resort is located in Europe or Asia).
Thank you.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

This still works. It may be a good way and time for people to print this information out before its completely gone.
Try to sign in and use this link, and then click "nights" as mentioned above.

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi

gblotter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside x 2
Maui Ocean Club x 2
Ko Olina Beach Club x 1
I need 255K points and 116 nights to achieve Lifetime Platinum.

I could get creative on earning points, but I don't see a path for earning that many nights before year end.

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Points transferred from spg do not count
Points transferred from your wife (note that more than 50k can be transferred, as long as it's once per year and in order to complete a (potentially-cancellable) reservation.

So theoretically you could buy 50k Mr, so could your wife, you could buy 30k spg and transfer them to your wife's spg, and your wife could buy 4k spg herself., Your wife would then transfer 34k spg to her Mr account (=102k) add the 50k she has purchased and transfer the 152k to you.... Add 50k you purchase yourself and you have just legitimately added 202k points to your MR account.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Can only transfer 50K to spouse per year.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Can only transfer 50K to spouse per year.
You can transfer an unlimited number of points if you do it at the time you are confirming an award. So you can theoretically make a long points reservation that requires 200,000 points and transfer those, then cancel that points reservation. The points don't transfer back.

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
I found my status using the suggestions above and see it shows 1067 nights and 8,821,266 points with over 2 million points not yet used. I've been lifetime Platinum for a few years.

Should I be worried about my status and/or points? Also have 2 category 9 unused certificates in my account that expire close to the end of this year. Was told recently that the certificates cannot be used of Starwood or Ritz hotels.

Any recommendations?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I found my status using the suggestions above and see it shows 1067 nights and 8,821,266 points with over 2 million points not yet used. I've been lifetime Platinum for a few years.

Should I be worried about my status and/or points? Also have 2 category 9 unused certificates in my account that expire close to the end of this year. Was told recently that the certificates cannot be used of Starwood or Ritz hotels.

Any recommendations?
I believe that after August 1, you can use those certificates to book any brand of hotel.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Any recommendations?

Sounds to me like you need to start making a new video.
Maybe this time in Prague or Madrid .... or both. :wave:

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score

Any recommendations?

I followed the link, however, at first, I completely overlooked lifetime points on my Reward summary page. I saw the lifetime nights but not the points. I just assumed that lifetime points would be on a different screen than lifetime nights. I was mistaken.

But I did find all the information right there! I also took a screenshot of the page, as someone on this thread suggested.

Thanks to everyone on this thread for this valuable information.

I have this accumulation of points and nights.
  • Platinum Lifetime Status
    • Nights 854

• Points 3,620,098

Last edited:

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 2 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd)
The linked above worked and I printed out the info. 610 nights and 2.4 M points. I will finish the year at about 650 nights. I needed maybe another 18 months to get to Lifetime Platinum. As a current Lifetime Gold I will become a Lifetime Platinum Elite with no path to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite. So nights could become less of a big deal for me and depending on how the new Categories shake out, so may points. I may start using my son's MR to get him moving along quicker.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
The linked above worked and I printed out the info. 610 nights and 2.4 M points. I will finish the year at about 650 nights. I needed maybe another 18 months to get to Lifetime Platinum. As a current Lifetime Gold I will become a Lifetime Platinum Elite with no path to Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite. So nights could become less of a big deal for me and depending on how the new Categories shake out, so may points. I may start using my son's MR to get him moving along quicker.
Points will be irrelevant to status after December 31. And this is not likely to change, because the Starwood system did not even have the capability to track points. So using your son's MR Visa will get him points to redeem but does nothing to move him along towards lifetime levels. Even the elite night for each $3K in credit card spend is going away, if I understand the new program accurately. Using his MR number when you stay at a Marriott to get him nights credits (unless he is also staying there) would be a blatant abuse of the system and I hope that is not what you are considering. You could possibly get your account and status revoked and for sure would also not get the elite perks during your stay if you did that.

Last edited:

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
New system does not count points anymore. However when you are wanting to grandfather your status by year end, you need to play by the old rules. Marriott under current rules count points, SPG does not. So you can still accumulate points for Marriott under the current practice until end of the year.

Isn’t there a point system with SPG points equaling 3 Marriott points a piece. If I lost all my points I’d be pi..ed

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Isn’t there a point system with SPG points equaling 3 Marriott points a piece. If I lost all my points I’d be pi..ed
I am referring to no points counting for lifetime status after this year. Future years' elite status will be based on nights only.

Last edited:

hpy2go

Reaction score
I guess I need to understand this 5/24 rule better. I have one Marriott card, a Chase "Marriott Rewards" (black) card, which I've had for years. I've just been denied a new Marriott Premier card - because I already have one (?). I guess that they're seeing these as the same card.

Also, it seems I'm not allowed to refer friends for a credit card. Maybe I missed that window.

Is it worth calling them?

So much for two easy ways to get me most of the way there.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
From my reading, you can only have one Marriott Visa card. You can either go through the upgrade route or cancel and appy later. You may not get bonus points when you cancel and re-apply.

5/24 is another rule where you will get rejected if you have gotten 5 new credit cards within the past 24 months.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess I need to understand this 5/24 rule better. I have one Marriott card, a Chase "Marriott Rewards" (black) card, which I've had for years. I've just been denied a new Marriott Premier card - because I already have one (?). I guess that they're seeing these as the same card.

Also, it seems I'm not allowed to refer friends for a credit card. Maybe I missed that window.

Is it worth calling them?

So much for two easy ways to get me most of the way there.

I think Chase does consider them to be basically the same. I cancelled my old Marriott Chase card a few weeks ago and am waiting for it to come off my Chase online portal, which it hasn't done yet.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it too late to cancel my MR Visa? I applied for the new card but I never got an answer so I assume that’s a no!

jpa2825

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you book a cheap Marriott (e.g., Courtyard in a business area on a SUN night for $59) and then check-in via mobile and then never show up, do you get credit for both the night and your points just as if you had stayed there? Seems like you paid for it, so why wouldn't you get the credit?

What about if you have a reservation that is past the cutoff and you get charged for it? Do you get nights and points for that?

nanceetom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know I read about this a few months ago, and followed one of the directives and found the area that showed lifetime status, with points accumulated and earned nights.
I have checked the last few days, guess a little paranoid about merger, and want to make sure the information doesn't disappear or change.
When I go to the benefit activity it lists us as Platinum elite, gives total accumulated nights, but for accumulated points, it states 0.
We have been Lifetime Platinum for 1.5 years. Maybe I missed this, or am confused, how they will be stating benefit status. Are they eliminating the Lifetime wording and total accumulated nights. I printed all of this when someone on the forum brought this up a few months ago, so I do have a copy of how they used to post information. Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.