• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Latest Rci Extra Vac Deal....comparing notes :)

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
As many of you know, I love RCI Extra Vacation Deals. We use them quite a bit, especially when RCI runs a sale. I love them for 3 day weekends...even for just 3 nights, they are a nice deal. Here's what I got this time for $234 and change (after the platinum discount):

Labor Day weekend: Suites at Attitash. It's a 1 BR, but sleeps 6. These units are huge, and the summer mountain coaster/pools will still be open. YAY!

Veteran's Day weekend: a 3BR at Waterville Valley (Mountain Sun). This weekend is about cocooning and resting before the craziness of Christmas-in-retail hits. It's been several years since we've been to Waterville Valley, so we're excited to go.

Still patrolling for a Columbus Day deal, and then I'll have all the fall 3 day weekends set. :) What deals have you gotten? I love to hear about the plans you all make!

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
As many of you know, I love RCI Extra Vacation Deals. We use them quite a bit, especially when RCI runs a sale. I love them for 3 day weekends...even for just 3 nights, they are a nice deal. Here's what I got this time for $234 and change (after the platinum discount):

Labor Day weekend: Suites at Attitash. It's a 1 BR, but sleeps 6. These units are huge, and the summer mountain coaster/pools will still be open. YAY!

Veteran's Day weekend: a 3BR at Waterville Valley (Mountain Sun). This weekend is about cocooning and resting before the craziness of Christmas-in-retail hits. It's been several years since we've been to Waterville Valley, so we're excited to go.

Still patrolling for a Columbus Day deal, and then I'll have all the fall 3 day weekends set. :) What deals have you gotten? I love to hear about the plans you all make!

Those are great! I wish I had those holidays off- well- we do have Labor Day- but will be going on our exchange week the Friday after. We do not get most of the "secondary" holidays off. In other words- no Veterans Day; no Columbus Day; no Martin Luther King Day; No Presidents Day, etc.

Because we do get Memorial Day off, once in a while I will try to do vacation that whole week to make the drive worth while.Usually really need a vacation by then after the long winter. But this time we are saving the PTO days for the last week of June, but it's a Home Away rental.

I keep saying that I need to look carefully into the VRI and Innseason and Trip Beat deals in the future since we no longer belong to RCI. But for us it would need to be a week instead of just a long weekend.

Enjoy! You snagged some good ones!

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You certainly at the master of long weekends - I have nothing on the books with RCI for the future (but I am working on it!) RCI Extra Vacations are a great - they are mainly the reason why I can't use up the pesky 20 TPUs I still have left. I would love to burn them - but it is hard to justify even 4 TPU and the exchange fee when you can EV for just a bit more.

Here is a question for you. If you have an OGS with RCI and it matches, using TPUs - can you call into them and ask to switch to EV? This just happened to me today. I got a match for Pollard for June, 7 TPUs. I cancelled it and then saw the Last Call was just a bit over $300. I don't want the week it matched for....but curious if I could do that if another match comes up for the week after.

Also - side note for you. Check out Groupon for the June Cold Spring I see in your signature. I just picked up: DirtVenture ATV tour, Lost River and Cranmore adventure park vouchers with some really good prices!

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You certainly at the master of long weekends - I have nothing on the books with RCI for the future (but I am working on it!) RCI Extra Vacations are a great - they are mainly the reason why I can't use up the pesky 20 TPUs I still have left. I would love to burn them - but it is hard to justify even 4 TPU and the exchange fee when you can EV for just a bit more.

Here is a question for you. If you have an OGS with RCI and it matches, using TPUs - can you call into them and ask to switch to EV? This just happened to me today. I got a match for Pollard for June, 7 TPUs. I cancelled it and then saw the Last Call was just a bit over $300. I don't want the week it matched for....but curious if I could do that if another match comes up for the week after.

Also - side note for you. Check out Groupon for the June Cold Spring I see in your signature. I just picked up: DirtVenture ATV tour, Lost River and Cranmore adventure park vouchers with some really good prices!
Thanks for the Groupon idea! Lost River and Cranmore would both be things my crowd would like.

I've never done an OGS, so I don't know about your question. Seems like it wouldn't matter to RCI...they'd get money either way. Will be interested to see what others say.

Mary Ann...hopefully the time between now and your vacation will go quickly! I work a zillion hours a week as a general rule, and I sure do look forward to our little jaunts away. We never go very far, but it's "just enough!"

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Thanks for the Groupon idea! Lost River and Cranmore would both be things my crowd would like.

I've never done an OGS, so I don't know about your question. Seems like it wouldn't matter to RCI...they'd get money either way. Will be interested to see what others say.

Mary Ann...hopefully the time between now and your vacation will go quickly! I work a zillion hours a week as a general rule, and I sure do look forward to our little jaunts away. We never go very far, but it's "just enough!"

Lost River is awesome! I, too, never thought of Groupon for this stuff.

PS I know how hard you work and you deserve your weekend getaways! Getting away, even if just for a few days, is good medicine!

JudiZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of the small perks of living in New England is those RCI EVs. Since so many are driveable (depending on where you live), we can grab those deals for the long weekends. Although, honestly, having lived in the Pacific NW for several years, you truly live in God's country.

As to the original post, I too am doing Labor Day at Attitash - River Run Condos at the same site - and South Mountain Resort in Lincoln NH for Veterans' Day. South Mountain is one of our favorites and we can never seem to get the week/unit combo we want so this is great. We own at Attitash in the summer and I still can't figure out where River Run/Attitash Mountain Village/Suites at Attitash begin and end. Suites are gold crown, the other two silver. :shrug: I was canoodling around in the River Run site to see if there was an explanation (we've stayed at all three) and I opened the available units tab. The same unit/week I paid $260 and missycrews' $234 for in the EV sale is now "on sale" for $719.99. :cheer:I am feeling like both of these were big wins. As for Columbus Day, I couldn't find much either. But, then again, I am headed for Orlando later in October and Disneyland in February with the grandson so I can't complain.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
One of the small perks of living in New England is those RCI EVs. Since so many are driveable (depending on where you live), we can grab those deals for the long weekends. Although, honestly, having lived in the Pacific NW for several years, you truly live in God's country.

As to the original post, I too am doing Labor Day at Attitash - River Run Condos at the same site - and South Mountain Resort in Lincoln NH for Veterans' Day. South Mountain is one of our favorites and we can never seem to get the week/unit combo we want so this is great. We own at Attitash in the summer and I still can't figure out where River Run/Attitash Mountain Village/Suites at Attitash begin and end. Suites are gold crown, the other two silver. :shrug: I was canoodling around in the River Run site to see if there was an explanation (we've stayed at all three) and I opened the available units tab. The same unit/week I paid $260 and missycrews' $234 for in the EV sale is now "on sale" for $719.99. :cheer:I am feeling like both of these were big wins. As for Columbus Day, I couldn't find much either. But, then again, I am headed for Orlando later in October and Disneyland in February with the grandson so I can't complain.
Sounds great! Congratulations!

I think I've figured out that the buildings with "names"...Pickering House, Washington House, and so on are Suites at Attitash. The numbered buildings are mostly Attitash Mountain Village. The buildings to the right of the first entrance off 302 are mostly River Run. I think. Tough to figure out...it all kind of flows together!

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have given up trying to figure out which is which over there!!! Whichever is available, all seem to work. Once I had a Suites At AMV 2BR and the unit wasn't across the street in townhouse style condos. I didn't even know they had units over there! The unit was nicer (newer) and very private - but we needed to get in the car to go to the pool, restaurant or even the mountain rides.

I just put a unit here on hold and noticed RCI stating 1 in 4 rule applies here. Hum....is this new? I certainly have had more than 1 in the last 4 years.

JudiZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
The 1-in-4 rule is strange. I have never heard of it before. I exchanged into AMV three years ago, then bought but I exchanged in again this summer for our daughter. Curious.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
The 1-in-4 rule is strange. I have never heard of it before. I exchanged into AMV three years ago, then bought but I exchanged in again this summer for our daughter. Curious.

Yeah....I started a chat today to ask about, but from the get-go it was apparent the rep didn't know what he was talking about. He kept on stating, "it's just a general rule" no need to worry about it. Even then when I pushed to try to get him to answer the question is the 1-4 just for exchanges or for EV also. He/she said "it's just a general rule, last time you stayed was 3 years ago, so you are ok". Ummm......not that isn't how it works. I haven't tried for my 2nd chat yet.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yeah....I started a chat today to ask about, but from the get-go it was apparent the rep didn't know what he was talking about. He kept on stating, "it's just a general rule" no need to worry about it. Even then when I pushed to try to get him to answer the question is the 1-4 just for exchanges or for EV also. He/she said "it's just a general rule, last time you stayed was 3 years ago, so you are ok". Ummm......not that isn't how it works. I haven't tried for my 2nd chat yet.
I noticed it, too. I do think it's new...haven't seen it there before. I am not sure what the "official" word is for EV....but I've never had a problem when I've booked into Smuggs, who has that rule for exchanges.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Sounds great! Congratulations!

I think I've figured out that the buildings with "names"...Pickering House, Washington House, and so on are Suites at Attitash. The numbered buildings are mostly Attitash Mountain Village. The buildings to the right of the first entrance off 302 are mostly River Run. I think. Tough to figure out...it all kind of flows together!

Hi Missy ,
The Canadian based Vacation Club I own , has a small number of units at / within Attitash .
On RCI it lists as :Taranova at Attitash Mountain Village RCI 3404
<added : all Taranova unit weeks have a Sunday 4pm check in .>

I believe it is 4 - 6 units approx . If you like using Attitash you may want to check that RCI code as well
since I believe it is a separate inventory . Most of the weeks are likely put in RCI . I have no idea where the units are within the mix you posted .

Taranova is a member owned ( 1200 or so ) Toronto based TS Vacation Club . The members own the club and the club owns the units . It was set up this way so members would avoid the tax complications of owning US real estate . Taranova has a similar structure in a Myrtle Beach location . I understand from the club mgr.that about 75% of weeks are deposited into RCI after a member books it .( Myrtle Beach summer gets the most TPU’s )
I have conversationed a TUG member who bought Taranova resale weeks in order to access Attitash for prime holiday ski weeks .

I read this thread out of interest & thought adding this info might help you get some weeks at Attitash.

added - MF for the following year deadline is Dec 1 . If you pay sooner you can get a "better"week to deposit that gets more TPU's . I mention this as there are likely 2019 units deposited starting mid summer .

I realize this is not an extra vac. / but thought the info might be of use .

Last edited:

JudiZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Right! I forgot about Taranova! That actually popped up on one of my searches some time ago. This is so funny - we have four distinct "resorts" within one. Thanks, T-Dot.

I thought, at first, that with three different (now four) resort ID numbers, that I could have been checking into a "different" resort but when I checked my history, they all have the same number. And that chat where he said it was a general rule is troubling. What if my daughter shows up and they decide the general rule is now a hard and fast one. Since my paperwork shows no 1-in-4 issue, I have a leg to stand on if something happens.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pollard has some good EV prices for Christmas/New Years week. I just picked up a 2 BR for $653 (includes taxes). TPUs would have been 20 plus exchange fee. Priced a bit higher than other things, but for the week and the location and a 2BR. Under $100 a night, I will take it!

Also on the 1-4 rule at Attitash. I just matched an OGS for June 2018 at Suites. I confirmed it, but am looking for a different check in day during my 24 hour cancel period. I started a new OGS to see what matches overnight - it would not let me put in Suites as an option because of the 1-4 rule. Appears it is being enforced for exchanging at least.

JudiZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bummer. We own at AMV and wanted to buy the week before. We haven't been too lucky in finding it but I assumed we would always be able to trade for it. Not so anymore.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
If you are an owner, the one in Four doesn’t apply .

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also chatted with RCI - they said it "normally" doesn't apply to EV either.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I also chatted with RCI - they said it "normally" doesn't apply to EV either.
That has been my experience with Smugglers' Notch. Both my parents and I have exchanged and then done EV's...no issues. And congratulations on Christmas week! We bought that week at Cold Spring through Sumday a couple of years ago. We've found we LOVE going away for that week. My kids are older now, so no "will Santa find me?" issues. :) Looking forward to spending that week away gets me through Black Friday--Christmas Eve!

JudiZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I have never owned anywhere with a 1-in-4 rule so had no point of context. I appreciate your help.