• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The Hilton Club

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don’t think that west 57 owners can book the residence and the distric at 60 days out they have to wait until 45 days like everyone else. As I’m not an owner yet I have no way of testing it.

Correct. Refer to post #7 by @alwysonvac upthread.

That's the reason I asked why The District in DC and Residences in NY had reciprocal booking priority during the By Hilton Club Priority window, but W57th was left out. It would make more sense to have the same rule for the By Hilton Club properties.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Correct. Refer to post #7 by @alwysonvac upthread.

That's the reason I asked why The District in DC and Residences in NY had reciprocal booking priority during the By Hilton Club Priority window, but W57th was left out. It would make more sense to have the same rule for the By Hilton Club properties.

I think the basic reason for this difference is because they built W 57th St and made the rules BEFORE they decided to go the "By Hilton Club" route. Since they sold me on a property that can't be booked by ANY non owners more than 45 days out they are stuck.

Probably not worth (at least yet) trying to get the owners to change the rules.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
And now add "The Hilton Club" property into the mix. How does that fit with the "by Hilton Club" properties?

Edit: I think that my question has been previously answered by several posts on relating the various “by Hilton Club” and “The Hilton Club” properties.

Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
It looks to me by reading the differences to this set of HVC properties, that they haven’t exactly figured out what direction they are going on this. It doesn’t look consistant.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
They could be seeking to monetize or grandfathering because W57 reservation windows are baked into the deeds or would need vote to change CC&Rs.

I think the basic reason for this difference is because they built W 57th St and made the rules BEFORE they decided to go the "By Hilton Club" route. Since they sold me on a property that can't be booked by ANY non owners more than 45 days out they are stuck.

Probably not worth (at least yet) trying to get the owners to change the rules.

HGVC can make changes anytime they want.

Per the 2018 Club Reference Guide
Program Changes. Club program use options and rules, including but not limited to, the RCI Exchange Program, special exchanges, nightly point values, reservation windows, the Hilton Honors program, ClubPoint Saving, RCI Depositing, Borrowing, Converting, and ClubPartner Perks that may be offered from time to time, are subject to change, adjustment, suspension or discontinuation without notice. Any such changes will not apply to transactions confirmed prior to the effective date of any such change . In the event the point values for accommodations are adjusted, such adjustments shall not disturb the one-to-one purchaser to accommodation ratio, or a Club Member’s ability to reserve their Home Week.
Some examples of HGVC Program changes over the years
- Changed Home Week Reservation from up to 15 months before check-in to up to 12 months
- Changed seasons at some resorts
- Changed from a standard resort point structure to variable resort point structure
- Changed Club Season reservation from 9 months “before checkin” to “before checkout”
- Changed Open Season from Cash or Points reservation to Cash only
- Changed Open Season cash price difference for weekends vs weekdays
- Changed Open Season cash price difference for the various seasons
- Changed Open Season cash prices based on resort

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Wow. Informative post above.

I guess I need to change my post to:

Probably not worth (at least yet) getting the W 57th St owners upset by making a change.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Maybe we can add some sort of high level summary as a sticky post too.

Is a table like this helpful? Or is it too confusing? Thoughts? ideas?

Updated table below (sending Gary the excel version)

HGVC Summary ver 3.jpg

Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I think that I can make that happen.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Now, does anyone know how the new Japanese property, The Bay Forest Odawara, is integrated into “by Hilton Club”?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
found a handy chart to summarize this hilton club thing...

apecon_review.jpg

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Just thought of one more thing this morning.

I can modify the table tonight after work. I would like to
- add a new column between the 1st and 2nd column called “Minimum Nights Required
- update the 2nd section heading to “INTERNAL EXCHANGE WINDOW FOR CLUB RESORTS (for any unit size, type and season)

Note: Once we have more info we can add another column at the end for “The Hilton Club - New York owners”.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I think that @TUGBrian handy chart is exactly how I understood "by Hilton Club" and "Hilton Club". I really wasn't paying any attention to it because I wasn't interested in any of the urban properties.

Just thought of one more thing this morning.
Good work @alwysonvac. I looked over the chart and I understand it. It is a little difficult with all of the columns, but the information is there. What also about lounge access? I know that this is a big point to some of these owners.

I think that we can just add a section to the new HGVC overview. I am also thinking of adding the information which you gave us in post #32 to the overview.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that @TUGBrian handy chart is exactly how I understood "by Hilton Club" and "Hilton Club". I really wasn't paying any attention to it because I wasn't interested in any of the urban properties.

I'm just disappointed that he chose to post the simplified version as it doesn't show some of the nuances.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
@brp, please provide the specifics, I am very happy to add whatever details which you provide.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
@brp, please provide the specifics, I am very happy to add whatever details which you provide.

@GT75, I was just referring to the graphic that @TUGBrian posted above to "explain" the Hilton Club process :)

For real content, I think that @alwysonvac posted very completely (as far as anything I've seen...and even beyond)

Cheers.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
ok, I finished all of my tweaking. Gary it's all yours :thumbup:
Hopefully this will be a helpful reference going forward.

HGVC Summary ver 4.jpg

IN SUMMARY

HGVC owners have three reservation windows:

(1) Home Week window (for most HGVC resorts this is a 3 month period beginning 12 months prior to check-in and ends 9 months prior to check-in)

The flexible point based system doesn't apply during the home week booking period. HGVC works like a floating week system during the Home Week window which means from 12 months to 9 months before check-in, if you want to book a stay during the home week window then you must reserve the exact unit size and type in the season that you purchased (for example studio, 1 bedroom plus, etc) for the exact number of days owned (full week, 4 nights, etc) based on the fixed checkin date at your home resort. There is no flexibility.
NOTE: Only points earned in the use year can be used in the home week window. Borrowed or Saved points can not be used in the home week window.
NOTE: It has been reported that Hokulani sold 4 night intervals in addition to one week intervals (link)

Home Week Window Exceptions:

• The Home Week window for the Hokulani and Grand Islander is for 6 month period (instead of 3 months) beginning 12 months prior to check-in and ends 6 months prior to check-in.
(2) Club Reservation window (for most HGVC resorts this begins 9 month prior to check-out through 1 day prior to check-in; requires a three night minimum)

HGVC works like a point based system during the Club Reservation window and generally begins 9 months before checkout for most resorts. During the Club reservation window anyone can book any season, resort (including their home resort), unit size and/or type for any number of days (minimum of 3 nights). This means all HGVC resort owners have an equal chance at booking at any HGVC resort during the Club Reservation window.

Club Reservation Window Exceptions:
  • The Club Season window for the Hokulani and Grand Islander begins 6 months prior to check-out (instead of 9 months)
  • The Club Season window for the "By Hilton Club" Resorts (West 57st, The District, The Residences) begins 44 days prior to check-out (instead of 9 months)
  • "The Hilton Club - New York" is not avaiable to HGVC owners
(3) Open Season Rental Reservation window (cash rentals begin 30 days before check-out through 1 day prior to check-in; requires a two night minimum; available to members for their personal use only).

Open Season Exceptions:

• Open Season Rental Rates for Penthouse units at the Grand Islander are only available to penthouse owners deeded at that property
  • Open Season Rental Rates for Penthouse units at the Grand Waikikian are only available to penthouse owners deeded at that property
  • Open Season Rental Rates for The Hilton Club - New York only is available to owners deeded at that property
  • Open Season Rental Rates for the "By Hilton Club Resorts" (West 57st, The District, The Residences) are only available to owners deeded at that property

By Hilton Club Owners have up to five reservation windows

They have the three HGVC reservation windows listed above plus the two listed below for their club resorts.
EXCEPTION: West 57th owners only have a 15 day Open Season window at their home resort

(4) Home Resort Priority window begins 9 months prior to check-out and ends either 45 days prior to checkout (for West 57th) or 60 days prior to checkout (for the District & Residences) depending on the resort.

This window allows "By Hilton Club" owners the ability to use the flexible point based system during their exclusive home resort booking period where they only have to compete with owners at their own resort. They can book any unit size or type in any season for any number of nights (minimum of 1 nights) at their home resort during this window.
(5) By Hilton Club Priority window begins 59 days prior to check-out and ends either 45 days prior to checkout. This window is only available to the District & Residences

This 15 day priorty exchange window allows both the District & Residences owners the ability to exchange into each other's property without competing with others. They can book any unit size or type in any season for any number of nights (minimum of 1 nights) at the District & Residences during this window.

Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Thanks @alwysonvac. I will add to the HGVC Overview document.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Can we also add a new FAQ Sticky and add this latest summary table and description to it?

One of the frequent questions is “Does it matter where my home resort is (Points are Points)?”

Also folks are frequently unaware of the Home week reservation limitations. Of course, the sales folks purposely don’t point this out during their presentations.

And this should help provide some clarification concerning the "By Hilton Club" resorts for existing members as well.

Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Done, I think that I will combine HGVC Resort Review into HGVC Overview Sticky.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)