• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The Hilton Club

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
this faq was last updated in 2015 and I am currently updating the format of the page now. anyone have any obvious/necessary changes that need to be included in the article since I am already working on it?

(im pretty sure there are at least one or two new resorts since 2014)

Thanks!

http://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/hilton-grand-vacation-club-timeshare-information.html

We are updating the information on TUG for HGVC but we don't have any overall/introductory/fag on "The Hilton Club". Would someone like to take that on?

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I'd be willing to give this a shot. Let me know what you need.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Wow, this is why I need someone else to write this for sure. I am looking at "by Hilton Club" which includes

• West 57th Street by Hilton Club
  • The Residences by Hilton Club
  • The District by Hilton Club
and any of the new ones.
Now, do we also have Hilton Club?

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, this is why I need someone else to write this for sure. I am looking at "by Hilton Club" which includes

• West 57th Street by Hilton Club
  • The Residences by Hilton Club
  • The District by Hilton Club
and any of the new ones.
Now, do we also have Hilton Club?

I'm pretty sure that W. 57th is different from the other "by Hilton Club" properties...and I don't really know all the differences. This seems a mixed bag...

Cheers,

Bruce

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
“By Hilton Club” basically has up to two more booking windows (see picture below).
  1. Home Resort Priority Window any number of nights at their home resort
    • For West 57th (9 months to 45 days before checkout)
    • For the Residences and the District (9 months to 60 days before checkout)
  2. By Hilton Club Priority Window any number of nights (60 to 45 days before checkout)
    • Doesn’t include West 57th resort and owners
    • 15 day window priority exchange window for by Hilton Club resort (the Residences and the District only for now)
Business as Usual
  • Club Season at the “By Hilton Club” resorts for everyone starts at 44 days before checkout for any number of nights.
  • Open season is restricted to owners deed at their property.
  • ”By Hilton Club” owners have access to HGVC resorts at 9 months and Open Season at HGVC resorts.

There’s a supplemental Club guide for by Hilton Club Owners (see link) can be found under the club.hiltongrandvacations.com website

5884A42A-1BED-4F5F-96BD-9FB1C265B2FE.png

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
The guide @alwysonvac is referring to sums up the highlights and differences of those three by Hilton Club properties quite well.

One big difference is that you can reserve 1 night instead of 3 minimum, and for a fee of $120/year by Hilton Club owners can have unlimited reservations and changes. Regular HGVC owners cannot get that perk until the 32,000 point Elite level.

HCNY is a legacy RTU property inside the Hilton Manhattan but on different floors than the Residences I believe. It has completely different rules and daily maid service. Owners of HCNY can apply their points to HGVC resorts but not the other way around.

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Beyond the exclusive booking windows, by Hilton Club owners also have
  • Club lounge access at their property
  • An all inclusive payment option that includes annual Club Dues
  • Honors conversion rate of 1 to 50. Conversions for less than the entire allotment may be made at the standard rate of 1 to 25
  • And I believe Honors Gold membership (instead of Silver). Hopefully someone can confirm.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Yes HHonors Gold is included at W57.

W57 does not have daily maid service unless you pay an extra fee. I believe Residences and District have daily maid but am not sure if there is an additional fee.

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score
By Hilton Club Priority Window any number of nights (60 to 45 days before checkout)
  • Doesn’t include West 57th resort and owners
  • 15 day window priority exchange window for by Hilton Club resort (the Residences and the District only for now)

Any insight into why W57th was left out of the By Hilton Club Priority Window?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Any insight into why W57th was left out of the By Hilton Club Priority Window?

My guess.... to generate more sales (aka another upgrade) instead of giving it away for free as an extra club benefit.

Based on the sales presentation I attended this month, they’re pushing existing HGVC owners to upgrade to their new “By Hilton Club” offer.

They are basically leveraging the existing HGVC program to drive their latest “BY HILTON CLUB” offering. These new and upgraded owners will receive all of the existing HGVC privileges along with their “BY HILTON CLUB” benefits.

I’ll share their interesting upgrade sales spin in a separate thread later.

Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I’ll share their interesting sales spin in a separate thread later.

Please do that because I am trying to figure that out also.

I still that we need to address “by Hilton Club”. It doesn’t have to be much just the basics. We can either add to existing HGVC info or new document.

Last edited:

Scrapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None yet
So let me get this clear. If I own HGVC membership, I cannot go to “The Hilton Club” properties?
Really?

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
So let me get this clear. If I own HGVC membership, I cannot go to “The Hilton Club” properties?
Really?

I was under the impression that regular HGVC folk could book using regular HGVC points at 44 days prior to check out. Am I incorrect about this?

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that regular HGVC folk could book using regular HGVC points at 44 days prior to check out. Am I incorrect about this?

Unfortunately, yes.

I'd attach the screenshot, but haven't figured that out yet.
When I login to HGVC, even though I'm within the 44 day booking window, for:
The Hilton Club
it says: "Ownership Required to Book Using Points"
This implies you can book with open season though.

The Residence Club
and
W 57

show up as "bookable" for me, using points at 44 days (and I don't own there).

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
My guess.... to generate more sales (aka another upgrade) instead of giving it away for free as an extra club benefit.

Based on the sales presentation I attended this month, they’re pushing existing HGVC owners to upgrade to their new “By Hilton Club” offer.

They are basically leveraging the existing HGVC program to drive their latest “BY HILTON CLUB” offering. These new and upgraded owners will receive all of the existing HGVC privileges along with their “BY HILTON CLUB” benefits.

I’ll share their interesting upgrade sales spin in a separate thread later.

They could be seeking to monetize or grandfathering because W57 reservation windows are baked into the deeds or would need vote to change CC&Rs. This timing difference, actually increases the ownership value of W57 because W57 owners can make reservations up to 45 days before they open to club, whereas Residences and District only have until 61 days prior until they compete with Club for reservations. This results in more priority reservation time for W57 owners.

IMO...Their use of "Club" brand is confusing. HGVC tends to use it all over the place with different meanings sometimes e.g.

* "The Hilton Club New York" (HCNY) but HCNY can apply their points to HGVC resorts. HGVC has no access to RTU HCNY.
* The "By Hilton Club" which includes Residences, District, and W57 are "club" bookable at 44 days.
*"Club" reservation window
* Hilton Grand Vacations "Club" (HGVC)

@alwysonvac please share your twist as I am attending a presentation associated with a VIP visit soon. As a W57 owner I would love to see what they offer. However unless they open more cities, we already get NYC + lounge + priority reservations at W57 so no need for Residences, and we don't travel to DC much.

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score
So let me get this clear. If I own HGVC membership, I cannot go to “The Hilton Club” properties? Really?

Just to be clear, Hilton Club and By Hilton Club are two different and separate sub-systems within HGVC.

Hilton Club only has one property in NY (Hilton Club New York). HGVC and By Hilton Club members do not have access to Hilton Club, but Hilton Club members have access to other HGVC and By Hilton Club properties.

By Hilton Club has three properties so far - W57th in NY, Residences in NY and The District in DC. HGVC and By Hilton Club members have access to By Hilton Club properties during By Hilton Club Priority Window and/or HGVC Club Season Window.

I'm not a member at either club (yet), so someone more knowledgeable correct me if I misstated anything.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
As a Hilton Grand Vacations Club member, you are allowed to make a Club reservation at any HGVC club resort except you are not allowed into the Hilton Club NY, but can make a 44 day Club reservation into the By Hilton Club properties (W57, Residences, District). If you own a By Hilton Club property, you can exchange into other By Hilton Club properties at 60 Days. Except for W57 in which you have to make a 44 day Club Reservation (like everyone else in HGVC Club). Hilton Club NY owners have access to everything during Club reservation window.

Is this now crystal clear? LOL

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a Hilton Grand Vacations Club member, you are allowed to make a Club reservation at any HGVC club resort except you are not allowed into the Hilton Club NY, but can make a 44 day Club reservation into the By Hilton Club properties (W57, Residences, District). If you own a By Hilton Club property, you can exchange into other By Hilton Club properties at 60 Days. Except for W57 in which you have to make a 44 day Club Reservation (like everyone else in HGVC Club). Hilton Club NY owners have access to everything during Club reservation window.

Is this now crystal clear? LOL

I think so. Just to make sure I'm clear.

1. No one but an HCNY owner can get into HCNY. Period.
2. Anyone (HGVC)can get into the By Hilton Club properties (W. 57th, Residences, District) at 45 days.
3. Any By Hilton Club owner can get into any of the other By Hilton Club properties at 60 days (thus 15 days earlier than regular HGVC members), except
non-W.57th owners can only get into W. 57th at 45 days (like everyone else).

If that is correct, W. 57th owners have a small advantage within By Hilton Club because things are not strictly reciprocal.

Is that correct, or did I miss something (my brain hurts)?

Cheers.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Yes @brp your brain twister is correct except for one minor correction: It's 44 days not 45 days for Club reservations at By Hilton Club properties. Owners have up to 45 days for home resort priority.

+ W57 owners also have a slight advantage because they have a longer priority reservation window to their home resort up to 45 days vs. up to 60 days at Residences and District. FWIW this might benefit locals who can drive, but 60 days is too narrow a window to book reasonably priced airfare from the west coast.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Beyond the exclusive booking windows, by Hilton Club owners also have
  • Club lounge access at their property
  • An all inclusive payment option that includes annual Club Dues
  • Honors conversion rate of 1 to 50. Conversions for less than the entire allotment may be made at the standard rate of 1 to 25
  • And I believe Honors Gold membership (instead of Silver). Hopefully someone can confirm.

One more item:

• Open Season rates at the property that you own. The OS timing is 15 days at W57 but I believe it is 30 days at Residences, District. No one else in HGVC has access to open season rates at these properties. This provides some benefits to owners of small point units to expand their usage without an ownership commitment.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
+ W57 owners also have a slight advantage because they have a longer priority reservation window to their home resort up to 45 days vs. up to 60 days at Residences and District. FWIW this might benefit locals who can drive, but 60 days is too narrow a window to book reasonably priced airfare from the west coast.

In general, I agree, but have found some good fares to the east coast from here on that (or shorter) notice. One can be looking at flights as the window gets close and then pull the trigger on both at roughly the same time. But, yeah, it is risky.

Cheers.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think so. Just to make sure I'm clear.

1. No one but an HCNY owner can get into HCNY. Period.
2. Anyone (HGVC)can get into the By Hilton Club properties (W. 57th, Residences, District) at 45 days.
3. Any By Hilton Club owner can get into any of the other By Hilton Club properties at 60 days (thus 15 days earlier than regular HGVC members), except
non-W.57th owners can only get into W. 57th at 45 days (like everyone else).

If that is correct, W. 57th owners have a small advantage within By Hilton Club because things are not strictly reciprocal.

Is that correct, or did I miss something (my brain hurts)?

Cheers.

I don’t think that west 57 owners can book the residence and the distric at 60 days out they have to wait until 45 days like everyone else. As I’m not an owner yet I have no way of testing it.