• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Harborside room assignments

eagle29

Reaction score
I will be arriving at Harborside for a week starting Sat. May 12th. I have 3 rooms reserved:
3 bedroom, 2 bedroom (small), and 1 bedroom (small). Will they put the 2bdrm and1bedrm together to form a 3bedrm? Will ALL rooms be in Building 5 since that is the only Saturday check-in for 3 bedroom units? Not a huge deal but I was curious.

Thanks!

Mike

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I would not expect them to put the 1 bdm and 2 bdm together or for all 3 units to be in the same building, but it doesn't hurt to ask. If these are Vistana reservations, you should log into your Vistana Acct. and add your requests to all 3 reservations, ASAP.

eagle29

Reaction score
Thanks Denise...I made the request on the 3 bedroom unit...I will also include on the other 2 as well.

Since they are all Saturday check-ins (and phase 2, I assume based on room configuration), shouldn't they all be in Building 5 since Building 3 (Saturday check in) all appear to be phase 2 2 bedroom L/O?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Are these home resort reservations or Staroption reservations or exchanges?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
You are more likely to be in building 5 but they can put you in 4 or 6 or even put the small bedroom in phase 1 if it suits their needs in terms of placement. If you booked using your home week then it should be in building 5. There still might be some disruption to that if there are still any units out for the refurb that has been taking place for the last 18 or so months. There is always a possibility that an unexpected maintenance issue will cause them to assign something outside of the regular unit check in day. Your chances of being assigned another building increases if you are not staying exactly 7 nights checking in and out on a Saturday.

eagle29

Reaction score
You are more likely to be in building 5 but they can put you in 4 or 6 or even put the small bedroom in phase 1 if it suits their needs in terms of placement. If you booked using your home week then it should be in building 5. There still might be some disruption to that if there are still any units out for the refurb that has been taking place for the last 18 or so months. There is always a possibility that an unexpected maintenance issue will cause them to assign something outside of the regular unit check in day. Your chances of being assigned another building increases if you are not staying exactly 7 nights checking in and out on a Saturday.

Makes sense...we are staying Sat. to Sat.
Thanks for the input!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I would not expect them to put the 1 bdm and 2 bdm together or for all 3 units to be in the same building, but it doesn't hurt to ask. If these are Vistana reservations, you should log into your Vistana Acct. and add your requests to all 3 reservations, ASAP.
I didn't know you could do this online. How does one go about putting in villa preference requests online?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Go to the Dash board
Find the reservation
Click VIEW DETAILS
Click SPECIAL REQUESTS
Enter your special request in the box
Agree to terms
Click SUBMIT

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Buildings 1 and 7 are closed this week for renovations so this is affecting where you are assigned.

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV
Is the lobby renovation finished? Checking in end of this month or is this a part of building 7 which is closed as you mentioned?

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Lobby is open and mostly complete. Some finishing touches/furniture/decor being added.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
Things are kinda crazy there with some of the buildings shut down. My daughter and I each have 3-bedroom units, Ph 2, and we reserved them for last June, Saturday check-in. Bldg 5 was shut down for renovation so she was put in the bldg next to Bldg 5 (6?). It was a nice view, fully renovated. My unit was a 2 bedroom Premium plus a 1 bedroom Deluxe a few doors down in Bldg 1, both unrenovated but nice views. Luckily I had no minors staying with me, but it could have been a problem had we been a young family. Otherwise everything at the resort looked great.

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV
I will be arriving at Harborside for a week starting Sat. May 12th. I have 3 rooms reserved:
3 bedroom, 2 bedroom (small), and 1 bedroom (small). Will they put the 2bdrm and1bedrm together to form a 3bedrm? Will ALL rooms be in Building 5 since that is the only Saturday check-in for 3 bedroom units? Not a huge deal but I was curious.

Thanks!

Mike

Please let us know how they assigned your rooms and what building. We will be checking in Sat May 26th. Enjoy your vacation!

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Just checked in yesterday 5/13. They put us in building 1, 4th floor, directly across the marina from the Royal Towers lobby. Beatiful view of the marina. Told us we were the first in the room since the renovation.

eagle29

Reaction score
Please let us know how they assigned your rooms and what building. We will be checking in Sat May 26th. Enjoy your vacation!

Just back (Saturday 5/19)
Room assignments were great...Building #5 facing pool room 2772&2773 (3 bedroom l/o) also had 2774&2775 (1 bedroom & 2 bedroom...essentially another 3 bedroom l/o) couldn't have worked out better for us (other than the moistly overcast weather :) )

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV
Just back (Saturday 5/19)
Room assignments were great...Building #5 facing pool room 2772&2773 (3 bedroom l/o) also had 2774&2775 (1 bedroom & 2 bedroom...essentially another 3 bedroom l/o) couldn't have worked out better for us (other than the moistly overcast weather :) )

Glad it all worked out for you!
Hopefully it will be nicer for us this Saturday. May I please ask what coffee filters should I bring?

eagle29

Reaction score
Glad it all worked out for you!
Hopefully it will be nicer for us this Saturday. May I please ask what coffee filters should I bring?

I actually walked to Dunkin each morning. I believe that the filters are round...my dad just used paper towel (old school)

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Just got back from our 2 weeks at Harborside. Some good news and some bad news.

The good news - all the pool chairs at The Point pool have been replaced with new. Very nice and comfy! Especially compared to the chairs at the Royal that are all covered in bird dirt! Unfortunately, the umbrellas were not replaced, so the bases look a bit worn.

The bad news - internet service is TERRIBLE! We have been out of touch for the last 2 weeks because of this. I originally signed up for 10 days at almost $25 a day. After complaining day after day for 4 days, they refunded my deposit. They said it was just building 1, and even sent up the IT guys to check it out. They said the signal strength was weak and would get back to us. They never did. Having spent some time in the lobby, I know people from other buildings were also complaining. The front desk knows the internet doesn't work, but they don't warn you.

Bottom line - do not sign up for more than your first day until you are sure the internet works to your satisfaction. Save yourself the trouble of calling the front desk.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anybody know if they still are allowing 5 wristbands for the 1BR premium. Curious if this is still the unofficial policy.