• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Starting My Kauai Vacation

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
It has finally arrived, after a very long winter. DW is feeling great after her kidney stone issues. Best she’s felt in a couple trips.

We just checked into our Park and Fly in Madison, Wi and now we’re grabbing some dinner. Flight leaves at 8:50 tomorrow morning.

Reactions: Xan

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Have a splendid time, Jeff! Hope you both enjoy the time away. I'm about two weeks and a couple of islands away from you. Save me some sunshine! ;)

Dave

PaulaC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hope you both enjoy wonderful weather with lots of sunshine. We were in Hawaii (Kauai, Maui, and Oahu) for the entire month of March and had lots of rain, wind, and cold days. However, a bad day in Hawaii is better than a good day anywhere else!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I don’t know why I waste my time checking the weather there but right know it only shows a few showers every other day or so. Some in the morning and some in the afternoon. We’ll see. I’m not going to lose sleep over it. I just love being there.

PaulaC has it right. I’ll take a bad day there anytime.

If everything is on time, we get there at 6pm. Which isn’t too bad. Unpack, get a bite to eat and go to bed. That usually works well for us.

DW wants to hit a craft show at The Cliffs in Princeville on Sunday. There’s a woman there that makes some shirts and dresses that my wife loves. We’ve been seeing her for the last few years now.

DW saw somewhere that Jack Johnson and a few others where having a benefit concert for people affected by the flood. She was able to get a couple tickets online today so we are really looking forward to that.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
It has finally arrived, after a very long winter. DW is feeling great after her kidney stone issues. Best she’s felt in a couple trips.

We just checked into our Park and Fly in Madison, Wi and now we’re grabbing some dinner. Flight leaves at 8:50 tomorrow morning.

Have a great trip! Safe travels....

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here’s the ad she saw about the concert.

50682C2C-3344-45A9-B393-E74EC93C2A65.jpeg

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Jeff - Please give us a report on the condition of the roads, beaches, etc.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Jeff - Please give us a report on the condition of the roads, beaches, etc.

Will do. I’ll post some pictures. We are going to snorkel at Anini but i’m Curious to see if they started to clean up Lydgate.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Made it the airport after a lite breakfast. So happy watching DW since this is the first trip in quite a few that she feels really good.

First leg Madison to Denver.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Congrats!

MUST HAVE PICTURES@!

This is my vicarious vacation Jeff. I'm counting on you to provide my Kauai fix for the few weeks....don't let me down.:thumbup:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Congrats!

MUST HAVE PICTURES@!

This is my vicarious vacation Jeff. I'm counting on you to provide my Kauai fix for the few weeks....don't let me down.:thumbup:

I accept the challenge. :)
I’ll post like usual. Hopefully I won’t have too many pictures of damage to post. :thumbup:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
First leg is delayed an hour.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
More issues, they are switching us over to American. Should get there about an hour later.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
More issues, they are switching us over to American. Should get there about an hour later.
These are not the posts I anticipated

Good luck!

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And we’re on a plane and we’re flying. Should only be about an hour later. :cheer:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
One leg down. Now off to LA.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yeah!! All loaded up for LA.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just touched down in LA. Two hour layover to grab a bite and off to Lihue.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Can you smell the flowers yet? ;)

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
No, right now I smell a Tri Tip sandwich at the Rock and Brew in LAX. :D

Well, if you can't smell the flowers, that's a great second choice! LOL!

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Looks like we land at 8:30pm so not too bad. Now that I ate, we’ll just unpack and go to bed but we’ll see.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All boarded and ready to go. I can’t believe it but this plane is only half full. Its like flying first class.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
When I was first in the Navy in the early 1970s, my flight home to Hawaii from LA was overbooked. I think it was on PanAm. They asked for volunteers to wait 30 minutes to get on another plane. The original plane was a 707 (remember those?) The new plane was a 747 (in those days, it was pretty new.) I'd never flown on one, so opted to wait the 30 minutes and get on the new flight. There were about 10 passengers on the plane. It was a great flight - everyone was invited to eat the fresh First Class buffet food, and drinks were comped. It was a fine time. :thumbup:

Dave