• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Booking HGVC Waikiki June or July 2019

Bao Nguyen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa Del Palmar
is it possible to book two weeks with points June or July?

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Are you looking for a specific resort or just any of them? I also assume that you are just looking for two consecutive weeks.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Sure, it's possible. Probably will have to "walk" the reservation to get the full two weeks.

Kurt

Bao Nguyen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa Del Palmar
Are you looking for a specific resort or just any of them? I also assume that you are just looking for two consecutive weeks.
any resorts in Hilton Village area , yes two consecutive weeks. Thanks

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
any resorts in Hilton Village area , yes two consecutive weeks.

I don't see a problem either as long as you start looking/booking ~ 276 days reservation and "walk it" to get two weeks. Don't wait for the two weeks to become available.

Bao Nguyen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa Del Palmar
I don't see a problem either as long as you start looking/booking ~ 276 days reservation and "walk it" to get two weeks. Don't wait for the two weeks to become available.
Thanks

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
any resorts in Hilton Village area

btw, I would expect Lagoon Tower to book first because of the lower point requirement for Hawaii.

Bao Nguyen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa Del Palmar
btw, I would expect Lagoon Tower to book first because of the lower point requirement for Hawaii.
I just booked for next month @ Lagoon Tower. for 2 bed rooms garden view. Only two of us but the one bed room is not available. Sat to Sat only 5000 points. My first time stay Lagoon Tower, is it nice?

Thanks

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
My first time stay Lagoon Tower, is it nice?

Congratulations. Let us know about your experience after the trip. I will be trying to reserve there soon for February 2019.

Bao Nguyen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa Del Palmar
Congratulations. Let us know about your experience after the trip. I will be trying to reserve there soon for February 2019.
Will do . I will be at the Lagoon tower for a week and 1 week at Hokulani. Original stay was only one week at Hokulani . But Last night I saw lagoon pop up 2 bed rooms for 5000 points for 7 nights :) . Down side I had to pay $500 to change my airlines tickets.

Last edited:

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Will do . I will be at the Lagoon tower for a week and 1 week at Hokulani. Original stay was only one week at Hokulani . But Last night I saw lagoon pop up 2 bed rooms for 5000 points for 7 nights :) . Down side I had to pay $500 to change my airlines tickets.

I always hate change fees,, but i will take an extra week in Hawaii!

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
The Hilton Hawaii Village (HHV) is very popular. Expect lots of competition at HHV whenever the kids are out of school. You’ll want to book as soon as the Club reservation window opens up at midnight eastern. During these peak periods, all unit sizes and views may not be available. Also, you may need multiple reservations if there isn't a single unit type available for your entire length of stay.

The Club Reservation Window opens up
- 9 months before checkout for Grand Waikikian Tower, Lagoon Tower and Kalia Tower
- 6 months before checkout at the Grand Islander and the offsite Hokulani boutique hotel.
Note: The Lagoon Tower and Kalia Tower will be the hardest to book since they require less points.

Here are some old threads you might find helpful.
- https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/anniversary-trip-to-hawaii-which-resort-on-oahu.259637/
- https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/new-owner-hawaii-question.254614/#post-1994195

Good Luck

Bao Nguyen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa Del Palmar
The Hilton Hawaii Village (HHV) is very popular. Expect lots of competition at HHV whenever the kids are out of school. You’ll want to book as soon as the Club reservation window opens up at midnight eastern. During these peak periods, all unit sizes and views may not be available. Also, you may need multiple reservations if there isn't a single unit type available for your entire length of stay.

The Club Reservation Window opens up
- 9 months before checkout for Grand Waikikian Tower, Lagoon Tower and Kalia Tower
- 6 months before checkout at the Grand Islander and the offsite Hokulani boutique hotel.
Note: The Lagoon Tower and Kalia Tower will be the hardest to book since they require less points.

Here are some old threads you might find helpful.
- https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/anniversary-trip-to-hawaii-which-resort-on-oahu.259637/
- https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/new-owner-hawaii-question.254614/#post-1994195

Good Luck
Thanks

Bao Nguyen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa Del Palmar
Last question , is there any charges if I add or subtract days ? “Walk it” method . Or just one time fee of reservation ? Should I pay cancellation fee too ?

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Last question , is there any charges if I add or subtract days ? “Walk it” method .
No, it will only be a one-time fee while changing a changeable reservation.

Should I pay cancellation fee too ?

I wouldn't recommend it as being unnecessary for a changeable (non-bonus points nor home-week reservation) June/July reservation. Here is the method to cancel a reservation within 30 days. Just move that reservation to utilize same number of points or more to somewhere beyond 30-day window. Once you have it moved, then cancel it. You only need cancel insurance (or maybe home-week reservation) at end of year when you can not move a reservation into next calendar year. Look at this thread.(https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/avoiding-cancellation-penalty.254246/)

Last edited:

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
I just booked for next month @ Lagoon Tower. for 2 bed rooms garden view. Only two of us but the one bed room is not available. Sat to Sat only 5000 points. My first time stay Lagoon Tower, is it nice?

Thanks
I've only stayed in the ocean view rooms, so I can't speak to the view from the garden view side, but, yes, it's nice. Biggest problem/negative is if you're up high but not real high, the elevators are slow and can be a real pain sometimes because, on the way down, they'll be full when they open on your floor. I find it often helpful to go up to go down, especially at prime times like checkout.