• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DVC via RCI from Europe question

Vacationsarefun

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, I am located in Europe and have a fairly new RCI account. There have been some sightings of DVC in RCI, but I haven't been able to see them. Now I just checked the resort directory and the only entries for Sarasota Springs are either for 3 or 4 nights (SEZZ/SDZZ) or it has the RCI Points sign under it (DV06).

Bay Lake Tower/Animal Kingdom/Beach Club each have two entries, one with the RCI POINTS sign, one without. But as I have heard that these never get deposited it isn't really helpful.

My questions now is: Does the fact that it says RCI Points under the resort name mean this resort is only available through a points account (which I do not have)? Has anyone located in Europe recently seen any DVC resorts?

DVC is not the only thing I am interested in but it was one of the reasons I signed up for RCI so this is rather worrisome...

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Most DVC exchanges are snagged with ongoing searches, and never appear online. That's because ongoing searches are filled first. There is an ongoing discussion in the Sightings Forum about DVC exchanges.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
DVC can deposit into RCI Points and RCI Weeks ... THEY choose ... not us timeshare owners or by our demand. It is for the demand of their DVC owners and their marketing team to 'score' new DVC timeshare owners.

If you MUST have an onsite DVC stay, post a WISH ad here on TUG and maybe a DVC Member with surplus points can offer a decent deal. But before warned, DVC owners have several DVC rental of points brokers who basic pay DVC owners for selling them reservations per their DATES requested for their clients.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, I am located in Europe and have a fairly new RCI account. There have been some sightings of DVC in RCI, but I haven't been able to see them. Now I just checked the resort directory and the only entries for Sarasota Springs are either for 3 or 4 nights (SEZZ/SDZZ) or it has the RCI Points sign under it (DV06).

Bay Lake Tower/Animal Kingdom/Beach Club each have two entries, one with the RCI POINTS sign, one without. But as I have heard that these never get deposited it isn't really helpful.

My questions now is: Does the fact that it says RCI Points under the resort name mean this resort is only available through a points account (which I do not have)? Has anyone located in Europe recently seen any DVC resorts?

DVC is not the only thing I am interested in but it was one of the reasons I signed up for RCI so this is rather worrisome...

Where do you own at?

Disney has a location restriction which means if you own a timeshare 30 miles from Disney you are blocked out.

The restriction does not affect timeshare companies like HGVC etc which has a corporate RCI account.

Vacationsarefun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Most DVC exchanges are snagged with ongoing searches, and never appear online. That's because ongoing searches are filled first. There is an ongoing discussion in the Sightings Forum about DVC exchanges.

Sorry, I am afraid I wasn't quite clear with my question. I do realize that DVC doesn't just sit around. But there were some sighting for Saratoga Springs on the weeks side posted on the Sightings Forum during the last couple of days and I should have been able to see these when I looked in my RCI account. They were not the right date and required too many TPU for me anyway, but I should have seen them but didn't.

I also realize that DVC can deposit into RCI Points or RCI weeks. But when I look in the resort directory on RCI, I see 17 different entries for DVC resorts (these is just the directory so no availability etc.). Under the Saratoga entry it says RCI Points. There is not a separate entry in the directory for Saratoga without the sign for RCI Points underneath (but there are two entries for Beach Club for example, one with and one without the POINTS signs).

As mentioned, my account is in Europe. So now I am wondering whether there is never a possibility to get Saratoga Springs with a weeks account through RCI if you live in Europe. In that case, an ongoing search probably wouldn't help either.

DVC can deposit into RCI Points and RCI Weeks ... THEY choose ... not us timeshare owners or by our demand. It is for the demand of their DVC owners and their marketing team to 'score' new DVC timeshare owners.

If you MUST have an onsite DVC stay, post a WISH ad here on TUG and maybe a DVC Member with surplus points can offer a decent deal. But before warned, DVC owners have several DVC rental of points brokers who basic pay DVC owners for selling them reservations per their DATES requested for their clients.

I don't abolutely need an onsite DVC stay, but of course would like one. However, I don't want to stalk the sightings board/keep checking in RCI if it is set up to be impossible. So I would rather find out what is going on so I can then decide what to do about it (if anything).

Vacationsarefun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where do you own at?

Disney has a location restriction which means if you own a timeshare 30 miles from Disney you are blocked out.

The restriction does not affect timeshare companies like HGVC etc which has a corporate RCI account.

That's not it - my resort is in California. Thanks for trying to figure it out though.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Right now there is one unit available at ssr, it’s in point inventory.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another thing. When does your week membership expire?

Vacationsarefun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Right now there is one unit available at ssr, it’s in point inventory.

Well, I wouldn't be able to see that as I don't have a points membership. But earlier/a couple of days ago I checked right after someone saw units on the weeks side (and people still saw it after I couldn't see it) and there was nothing there.

Another thing. When does your week membership expire?

I just opened my account and got a two year membership so membership expires March 2020.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could you just for testing purpose just look up the Hilton elara, the Hilton flamingo and the Hilton on the strip all in Vegas. What is the latest checkin date you see?

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had some problems with my RCI account when it had an European address. Some of the problems I experienced was that I couldn’t see all the available inventory for Hilton resorts.

Just wondered if you had the same problem.

Vacationsarefun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could you just for testing purpose just look up the Hilton elara, the Hilton flamingo and the Hilton on the strip all in Vegas. What is the latest checkin date you see?

The latest checkin date for the Hilton Flamingo that I see is January 5, 2019. I also see availability for HGVC on the Boulevard, HGVC on Paradise, HGVC Trump International. I see no availability for Hilton elara or Hilton on the Strip. I do see the Elara in the directory though (there are 28 resorts in total in the Las Vegas area).

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmm smells like my issue. In my weeks account I see availability for Hilton flamingo all the way to dec 7 2019.

Hgvc on the strip is the same as hgvc on the boulevard. For that resort I see availability all the way to 14th dec 2019.

Elara has weeks inventory from jan 2019 all the way to dec 2019 (48 units in total)

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can’t tell you what’s wrong with your account mine suffered from the same thing, can’t remember if I could see dvc units or not.

Vacationsarefun

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is so annoying. Bad enough that the fees are higher, apparently there is also a lot less availability. It isn't even just about DVC, but a general issue.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very much.

Originally I tried calling UK RCI but they were totally clueless and after some months I gave up. I ended up moving my account to the US. All you need is a us address which can be obtained online. :)

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very much.

Originally I tried calling UK RCI but they were totally clueless and after some months I gave up. I ended up moving my account to the US. All you need is a us address which can be obtained online. :)
Do you need that your credit card match this new address ?
Thanks

jancpa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Right now there are 5 weeks available at SSR from 8/31 to 10/12 for 60 tpu's.

Vacationsarefun

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was too slow in checking so can't say whether I would have seen them... They cost too many TPU for me anyway but I wish I could see them just to know that it works.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now there are 1 week of availability at SSR Its in weeks so you should be able to see it - assuming your RCI account works correct.

upload_2018-4-20_8-58-20.png

Vacationsarefun

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I was too slow again - can't see it. One question though - why does it mention points if it is in weeks?

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Btw the Dvc SSR week is still available. If you don’t see it then something is wrong with your account.