• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Finally purchased RCI points! Question about membership

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been timesharing for over a decade now, and I finally jumped into RCI points to test out the waters. I am wondering if there are ever renewal deals with points. My weeks membership often has specials, but all I could see on the website was 2 years for $229, saving $19.
Thanks for any info!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
RCI Points accounts are more expensive, but you are supposed to get a weeks account included. That is the difference in price. I don't think I get a free weeks' account anymore because my expiration dates don't match my points' account.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI Points accounts are more expensive, but you are supposed to get a weeks account included. That is the difference in price. I don't think I get a free weeks' account anymore because my expiration dates don't match my points' account.
True. You can ask to get your points and week membership combined.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
There are almost never specials for points memberships. I think in 10+ years the only one was an extra $35 off for RCI's 35 anniversary. Unlike weeks were people can come and go you kind of stuck with points and paying the points membership as long as you want points.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep. A Points membership includes your 'Weeks' membership, but is more expensive, and seldom (if ever) discounted.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
RCI® Points Fees United States effective September 25, 2017
As an RCI Points Subscribing Member, you have access to many member-only benefits! The following information details the various fees that are associated with your membership benefits, and shows if the fee is lower online, compared to if you book via an RCI Guide.

Usually on an annual basis, you will also pay a maintenance fee, which is used toward the operation and upkeep of the resort at which you own. This is not a fee which is collected by RCI - you pay your resort directly.

Annual RCI Points® Subscription Fees USD
1 YR $124
2 YRS $229
3 YRS $321
4 YRS $409
5 YRS $499
Annual RCI Points Platinum Fees Total Cost (USD) Price Per
Year (USD)

RCI Points Platinum® 1 Yr $89
RCI Points Platinum® 2 Yrs $155 $77.50
RCI Points Platinum® 3 Yrs $221 $73.67
RCI Points Platinum® 4 Yrs $279 $69.75
RCI Points Platinum® 5 Yrs $322 $64.40
Gold Membership Fees Total Cost (USD) Price Per
Year (USD)

1 YR $49
2 YRS $86 $43
3 YRS $123 $41
4 YRS $156 $39
5 YRS $180 $36
Exchange Vacations USD (Call Center/RCI.com)
Home Week Reservation (7 nights) No Charge
Home Resort Reservation (7 nights) $50
RCI Points Reservation 14 nights + $278
RCI Points Reservation: 7+ Nights $199
RCI Points Reservation 6 nights $189
RCI Points Reservation: 5 Nights $169
RCI Points Reservation 4 nights $129
RCI Points Reservation: 3 Nights $99
RCI Points Reservation 2 nights $69
RCI Points Reservation: 1 Nights $49
RCI Weeks Reservation (7 nights) $239
Last CallSM Vacations and RCI Cruise USD (H/S) USD (1BR) USD (2BR)
Cruise Exchange - 20,000 Points $139
Cruise Exchange - 40,000 Points $239
Last Call - Call Center/RCI.com $269 $294 $319
RCI Points Partner Program USD (RCI.com) USD (call center)
Air (per ticket) $25 $52
Car (per car) $25 $52
Entertainment (per ticket/pass) $25 $39
Hotels (per room) $25 $52
Managing Your Points USD
Points Saving Fee $26
Points Extension -
Less than or Equal to 30,000 Points $85
Points Extension -
30,001 Points or more $125
Points Extension Fee - WVO
Flat rate $109
Points Rental Fee (Per Point) $0.03
Points for Deposit Fee $26
RCI Points Protection
Purchased 30 days or less from the date of vacation confirmation AND 15 days or more before check-in date
USD
1-2 nights $39
3-4 nights $49
5+ nights $59
Purchased 31 days or more from the date of vacation confirmation OR 14 days or less from check-in date USD
1-2 nights $79
3-4 nights $89
5+ nights $99
Miscellaneous Fees
USD
Guest Certificates $79
Membership Transfer Application (MTA) $98
Duplicate Points Directory (S&H) $6.95

RCI fees are subject to change at RCI's sole discretion. For complete details of RCI subscribing membership, including RCI's cancellation policy, please consult the Terms and Conditions of RCI Points® Subscribing Membership.

*These services for RCI subscribing members residing in Canada are provided by RCI Canada ULC. The listed fees for Canadian members include GST/HST as applicable to such member's Province of residence. The GST/HST rate for each Canadian Province, effective July 1, 2010 is as follows: BC - 12%; ON, NB and NF - 13%; NS - 15%; All other Provinces and Territories - 5%.

† Network Dues and/or an enrollment fee may be required in addition to the MTA processing fee.

Tech97

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been timesharing for over a decade now, and I finally jumped into RCI points to test out the waters. I am wondering if there are ever renewal deals with points. My weeks membership often has specials, but all I could see on the website was 2 years for $229, saving $19.
Thanks for any info!
I would avoid RCI points like the plague!!
They charge $279 to do an exchange! They charge you $175 to extend your points if you book a vacation 10 months in advance or they use your newest points so your oldest expire. Not sure what the membership fee is supposed to cover, not much though. A few years ago an exchange was $75. I just tried to book and 8 tries later it still hasn't gone through. In my opinion RCI has gone in the dumps!!!

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
They charge $279 to do an exchange! They charge you $175 to extend your points if you book a vacation 10 months in advance or they use your newest points so your oldest expire. Not sure what the membership fee is supposed to cover, not much though. A few years ago an exchange was $75. I just tried to book and 8 tries later it still hasn't gone through. In my opinion RCI has gone in the dumps!!!

An RCI Points 7 night reservation is a $199 NOT $279.

If you have left over points in 2018 and want to book a 2019 reservation using those points you need to call and have them move the 2018 points to 2019. There is no charge.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

Actually, every time I’ve made an exchange in RCI points, I’ve been able to select which year the points come from. Typically it defaults to the older points for me, with a potential for RCI charging to extend some depending on the timing, but has an button to “view other options” and fill in which year to use points from. Took me a little bit to figure it out, but it’s helpful when you’re booking out 12+ months, which is possible for developer deposits.

Tech97

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, every time I’ve made an exchange in RCI points, I’ve been able to select which year the points come from. Typically it defaults to the older points for me, with a potential for RCI charging to extend some depending on the timing, but has an button to “view other options” and fill in which year to use points from. Took me a little bit to figure it out, but it’s helpful when you’re booking out 12+ months, which is possible for developer deposits.
I just tried booking a vacation for Feb 2019 and they would NOT let me use my current points unless I paid $175 (CAD) to extend them, they automatically come out of my 2018 points. Even Platinum members are expected to pay to extend points. I was told (live chat)that my current points expire 12/01/2018 therefore I cannot use them Now for a 2019 vacation. I like to vacation with my family so need multiple units and have to pay $279 (CAD) for each unit. Each unit must be booked separately. Really not worth it to own Timeshares anymore, thanks to RCI!