• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help with cancelling a Marriott II exchange

ml855

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have an II exchange into Marriott Ocean Watch in Myrtle Beach with check-in on May 20th. I used my 1 bedroom Marriott Manor club in Williamsburg for this exchange. Now I might have to cancel this exchange. I've been exchanging for many years and have never had to cancel until now and don't really know the policy for cancelling especially within 60 days. Can someone here direct me to the right thread or explain to me what II's policy is for cancelling.

Here's what I was thinking which I'm not sure if I can do this or not. Cancelling this exchange and rebooking for a week at Marriott Beach club in Ft. Lauderdale for early December. Can I do this since I'm in the 60 day window? Thanks.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is the cancellation policy. The link is here: https://www.intervalworld.com/web/cs?a=1006

II’s Exchange Cancellation Policies do not apply to an E-Plus retrade.
II Exchange Cancellation Policy — Other than Club Interval Points–Based Exchange Confirmations
(a)
The only circumstances under which a Member using the Exchange Program may lose the use and occupancy of the Home Resort accommodations or relinquished points (including Preferred Points) without being provided Host Accommodations are if a Member: (i) using the Deposit First method of exchange fails to submit a valid exchange request within the time periods specified; (ii) using the Deposit First method of exchange requests accommodations that are not available and fails to accept any alternate locations and/or time periods offered; (iii) cancels a Confirmation seven days or more prior to the first date of occupancy of the Host Accommodations being canceled and fails to request substitute accommodations in accordance with II’s Exchange Cancellation Policy; (iv) cancels a Confirmation less than seven days prior to the first date of occupancy of the Host Accommodations being canceled; (v) cancels or loses the use of a Confirmation, at any time, due to the threatened or actual damage or destruction of the Host Accommodations; (vi) cancels a Confirmation for substitute Host Accommodations that was previously issued to the Member under II’s Exchange Cancellation Policy; or (vii) where the use of the Home Resort accommodations by II is lost or impaired due to circumstances beyond II’s control.
(b)
Under II’s Exchange Cancellation Policy, a Member may be entitled to cancel a Confirmation where the Confirmation is issued seven days or more prior to the first date of occupancy. In order to cancel a qualified Confirmation, the Member must notify II of his or her desire to cancel such Confirmation within the first 24 hours after the exchange request has been confirmed. In the event that the Member has used the Deposit First method of exchange, the Member’s exchange fee will be refunded and the deposit will revert to a status such that the Member may redeem such deposit at a future time to place another exchange request. If the Member has used the Request First method of exchange, the Member’s exchange fee will be refunded and the right to occupy the Home Resort accommodations shall revert to the Member.
(c)
When a Member notifies II of his or her desire to cancel a Confirmation seven days or more prior to the first date of occupancy of the Host Accommodations being canceled, the Member will be entitled to request substitute exchange accommodations, as long as the Member requests travel
occurring no later than 12 months following the date on which
the Member cancels said Confirmation for Host Accommodations. However, the time period in which the Member is entitled to request substitute exchange accommodations is limited, as follows:

(i) When a Member notifies II of his or her desire to cancel the Confirmation 60 days or more prior to the first date of occupancy of his or her Host Accommodations, the Member may request substitute exchange accommodations at any time from the date of cancellation up to 24 hours prior to the first date of occupancy of such substitute exchange accommodations.

(ii) Where the Member notifies II of his or her desire to cancel the Confirmation 59 days to 14 days prior to the first date of occupancy of his or her Host Accommodations, the Member may request substitute exchange accommodations 59 days to 24 hours prior to the first date of occupancy of such substitute exchange accommodations.

(iii) When a Member notifies II of his or her desire to cancel the Confirmation from 13 to seven days prior to the first date of occupancy of his or her Host Accommodations, the Member may request substitute exchange accommodations from limited travel destinations 30 days to 24 hours prior to the first date of occupancy of such substitute exchange accommodations.

(iv) II will retain the exchange fee paid initially to secure the canceled Confirmation.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Unfortunately, any cancellation will be restricted to any new exchange having to be confirmed within 59 days of checkin. I don't know what time in December you are going to Ft Lauderdale or if there is even very often exchange inventory available there that time of year within the 59 day window.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There is one exception to the above. If you purchased eplus, then you can retrade until you are out of the 59 day period. Once you have done that, you are no longer bound by the 59 day restriction.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for sharing this information and advice.:thumbup:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There is one exception to the above. If you purchased eplus, then you can retrade until you are out of the 59 day period. Once you have done that, you are no longer bound by the 59 day restriction.

I am not understanding this... I had in the past, retraded within the 59 day restriction each time and it had never gotten me out of the restriction. Each time I was only able to see the next 59 days.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not understanding this... I had in the past, retraded within the 59 day restriction each time and it had never gotten me out of the restriction. Each time I was only able to see the next 59 days.
Retrade out until you use up the 3 eplus trades. Then you are no longer subject to the 59 day restriction

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Retrade out until you use up the 3 eplus trades. Then you are no longer subject to the 59 day restriction

I had gotten a replacement week thereafter and it became a "12 month" ePlus week with 60-day booking restriction because I could not even do an on-going search.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That is different from my experience. I was in the 59 day restricted trading window with eplus. I used my last 'free' eplus trade to trade beyond the 59 day window. My online exchange capability then reverted to the full retrade option which allowed me to trade out another year by paying the full retrade fee. This has happened multiple times to me.

Is it possible that your original deposit was expired (beyond the 2 years) so you could not employ the full retrade option? Or that you may have called in to II to get a replacement eplus week so that you did not have to pay the full retrade fee and you received the restricted eplus replacement by the VC. After you used up the 3 eplus trades, you should have reverted to the full retrade capability of your original deposit.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That is different from my experience. I was in the 59 day restricted trading window with eplus. I used my last 'free' eplus trade to trade beyond the 59 day window. My online exchange capability then reverted to the full retrade option which allowed me to trade out another year by paying the full retrade fee. This has happened multiple times to me.

Is it possible that your original deposit was expired (beyond the 2 years) so you could not employ the full retrade option? Or that you may have called in to II to get a replacement eplus week so that you did not have to pay the full retrade fee and you received the restricted eplus replacement by the VC. After you used up the 3 eplus trades, you should have reverted to the full retrade capability of your original deposit.

I don't remember my original deposit expiration date. I did call II agent to get a one-year replacement week. My next trade was a full-priced exchange fee.

GreenTea

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had to cancel within the 59 days just recently. I have the MVC insurance on the week. If you do as well your options offered should be the same.

They will straight up cancel and you can file with the trip insurance for your maintence fees. Or you can be given a replacement week which is good for a year but can only be used with 59 days of checkin. The fees you paid, if any, for the exchange are forefitted and you will have to pay them again when you rebook.

I had paid my exchange fees on a Chase Sapphire card and they refunded my $179 without issue. I did take the replacement week but have not tried to book it yet. I do wonder if it’s a free grab for anything open in the 59 days or if it’s severeky restricted like a getaway or certificate. We gave up Easter at St. Kitts. I’m hoping we can get a good week later when everyone is healthy again.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had to cancel within the 59 days just recently. I have the MVC insurance on the week. If you do as well your options offered should be the same.

They will straight up cancel and you can file with the trip insurance for your maintence fees. Or you can be given a replacement week which is good for a year but can only be used with 59 days of checkin. The fees you paid, if any, for the exchange are forefitted and you will have to pay them again when you rebook.

I had paid my exchange fees on a Chase Sapphire card and they refunded my $179 without issue. I did take the replacement week but have not tried to book it yet. I do wonder if it’s a free grab for anything open in the 59 days or if it’s severeky restricted like a getaway or certificate. We gave up Easter at St. Kitts. I’m hoping we can get a good week later when everyone is healthy again.
Instead of canceling, you could have traded to a more distant date until you use up the eplus. You then would revert to a full retrade fee for the subsequent exchange but would keep the original trading power and trading preference.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Instead of canceling, you could have traded to a more distant date until you use up the eplus. You then would revert to a full retrade fee for the subsequent exchange but would keep the original trading power and trading preference.

If you have EPlus purchased against the exchange.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have EPlus purchased against the exchange.
Yes. And you can only trade up to 2 years out from the original deposited week.

GreenTea

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did not have ePlus. We knew we had to get the air tickets so didn't ever anticipate having to change the week.

ml855

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was out of town for a week so I'm now playing caught up with this thread. This information is so helpful I'm going to file it away for future use in case I might need to cancel again. I ended up calling the II Marriott desk and the agent helped me with my cancelled week so I didn't lose it and now I have my Ft. Lauderdale week for early December. II came through for me this time around, I was very pleased.