• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The District (DC) - Owners Lounge - Non Owner

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
We own at W 57th St. As most of you know, the owners lounge there is only available to owners. That wasn't the case when it first opened but things were too crowded so they made that rule.

Now the sales people are swearing that it will be the same rule at The District and The Residences - no lounge if you don't own there. Personally I doubt that.

So....has anyone stayed at The District who is not an owner there? Were you allowed to use the owners lounge for breakfast and evening snacks?

Thanks.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
We will be staying at District in June and will report back. IMHO...Having access to the owner's lounge at the District may not matter because this is an Embassy Suites and they offer free breakfast and drinks for all guests.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
That's what I was thinking as well -- ALL Embassy suites have the free breakfast and happy hour. So unless there is a separate owner's lounge for the HGVC guests, I think we can chalk that up "salesman speak".

Kurt

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
The choices are better downstairs. I've stayed at the District twice paying cash on Hilton dot com and just went downstairs and ate and drank. No one asked me for a room key or anything.

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I'm really trying to get at what will happen at The Residences but they don't open until June so the District (which I believe does have a separate owner lounge) is the only thing to test against now.

Thanks

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Interesting: Will the Residences Lounge be shared with HCNY lounge?

Also, if one exchanges into the Residences using HGVC club or RCI, if they cannot have access to the owners lounge, they likely will not be able to access the hotel lounge on the first floor for breakfast as an Hilton elite because a coded key would be required. Embassy Suites would be different because there is no "lounge"

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
So unless there is a separate owner's lounge for the HGVC guests, I think we can chalk that up "salesman speak".

There is a specific HGVC Lounge. It’s just past the HGVC check in desk on the same floors as the HGVC units. We stayed there a couple of weeks right after the District opened. At that time the entire main Embassy Suiyes lobby was under going a major renovation. So we got to eat breakfast in the HGVC lounge area. It was awesome and we were usually the only ones at breakfast when we ate.

On our very last day the lobby was completed and we had to eat in main hotel lobby breakfast area with everyone else. It was a madhouse. it was there first day open so I guess maybe they have worked the kinks out. Or maybe we were just totally spoiled.

Also while we were there they (the Embassy hotel) had an evening reception open to everyone. Free beer, wine, party snacks. So I don’t know what they ultimately did with the lounge. Perhaps someone who has stayed more recently can tell us.

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a specific HGVC Lounge. It’s just past the HGVC check in desk on the same floors as the HGVC units. We stayed there a couple of weeks right after the District opened. At that time the entire main Embassy Suiyes lobby was under going a major renovation. So we got to eat breakfast in the HGVC lounge area. It was awesome and we were usually the only ones at breakfast when we ate.

On our very last day the lobby was completed and we had to eat in main hotel lobby breakfast area with everyone else. It was a madhouse. it was there first day open so I guess maybe they have worked the kinks out. Or maybe we were just totally spoiled.

Also while we were there they (the Embassy hotel) had an evening reception open to everyone. Free beer, wine, party snacks. So I don’t know what they ultimately did with the lounge. Perhaps someone who has stayed more recently can tell us.

I believe that’s embassy suites’ shtick. Included (I don’t like saying free - you pay for it in your rent) “made to order” breakfast (which is omelets) and a managers’ reception which is some finger food and beer, wine, etc. I actually like embassy suites. Not quite a HGVC accommodation, but for a hotel, the rooms are pretty good.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, if one exchanges into the Residences using HGVC club or RCI, if they cannot have access to the owners lounge, they likely will not be able to access the hotel lounge on the first floor for breakfast as an Hilton elite because a coded key would be required. "

Certainly when they only had HCNY, people staying on any timeshare reservation were not eligible to use the first floor Executive Lounge even as Diamond. We worked our way into the lounge one time as Diamond but, after that, it was disallowed.

Cheers.