• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Wyndham Access 400K points

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
All,

My neighbor received 400K CWA points from her parents, and she doesn't want it and intends to sell it. She's asked me if I want it (literally, I think she would give it to me) but I'm not sure if I would be able to put it to good use, and MFs of $2,500 are pricey.

Can TUGgers give me their opinions? I already have great access to Hawaii and Caribbean and not sure where I would go with it. I do travel to SF and Wyndham Canterbury is the only thing I think I would use routinely.

Please advise and thank you!

Greg

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
if you will use it sure - we love CWA. Units are very nice in my opinion.

never been to SF resorts. I can say most resorts of CWA are east coast so if thats not an issue. go for it.

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
If she doesn't want it, why did she accept the transfer?

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
If she doesn't want it, why did she accept the transfer?
She definitely regrets accepting it. Her Dad passed away and her Mom persuaded her to accept it. She knows I love these things and she thought she would love it too, but her family doesn't plan their vacations like I do.

So.....it's a real question. I looked at availability at Canterbury and it's pretty good, but it's 108K for a three night mid-week reservation (that I would use) and the MFs for that are almost $1K. Really not any better than a hotel....

Bummer. I can't find a use yet that I can justify. Thank you for the responses though!

Best,

Greg

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
She definitely regrets accepting it. Her Dad passed away and her Mom persuaded her to accept it. She knows I love these things and she thought she would love it too, but her family doesn't plan their vacations like I do.

So.....it's a real question. I looked at availability at Canterbury and it's pretty good, but it's 108K for a three night mid-week reservation (that I would use) and the MFs for that are almost $1K. Really not any better than a hotel....

Bummer. I can't find a use yet that I can justify. Thank you for the responses though!

Best,

Greg

Tell her to get signed up on TUG and list it in the Bargain Deals under the Buying, Selling, Renting thread. If you don't want it someone else here on TUG would be happy to have it. I doubt she will get much trying to sell it. OP might be willing to say what they paid over and above the closing costs and transfer fee for a similar contract. But I'm guessing it wouldn't be more than $500-$1000 at the most. Before she tries to sell it she should offer it to other family members, even in-laws, or friends. Her mother will likely be upset to find out she gave it away or got very little for it as her parents may have bought directly from Wyndham and paid over $30k for it.

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
CWA is selling for decent prices these days assuming it is paid for.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Can you define decent prices?

I don't know what the definition of "decent prices" is, but I can search the eBay completed listings.

210k for $1525
233k for $1502
105k for $1075
105k for $1190
28k (!) for $403
245k for $1425
429k for $3215
etc etc etc
These are the most recent listings within the last 10 days or so.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you ski? They have a number of ski resorts in Utah/Colorado that are reputedly pretty nice. I've considered buying one for the access to Park City, but my kids aren't old enough for that yet, and we might just choose to stay local (Canadian Rockies) for skiing anyway.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know what the definition of "decent prices" is, but I can search the eBay completed listings.

210k for $1525
233k for $1502
105k for $1075
105k for $1190
28k (!) for $403
245k for $1425
429k for $3215
etc etc etc
These are the most recent listings within the last 10 days or so.
That is consistent with Club Wyndham Access EBay prices for the last 5 years.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got my 400K CWA points for $1 with no closing fees last year. (eBay) And then they waived the $1.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I got my in-laws 245000 points from eBay for $100, though they also ended up being free because they never asked for the payment and transferred the contract.