• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disney parking fees for RCI exchanges. What is the verdict?

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are they charging for parking on these exchanges?

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
We won't know until someone who booked/exchanged on 3/21/18 or later has taken their trip. My guess is no one has done it in the past three weeks, and we'll have to wait a little bit to find out.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Please refresh my memory. Who pays parking fees now? Disney Vacation Club Members?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
DVC members staying with their own points do not pay for parking at the resorts. We don't know about exchanges.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I have a week on hold at SSR, and when I went to confirm it, only the $190 fee is disclosed. I am not confirming the week but if I did confirm it, I would print the info that says $190 fee, so I could show Disney that I shouldn't be charged for parking, too.

I don't think Disney will do that, anyway. It seems that most of the cast members don't really know much about RCI exchanges and how it works as it is.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a week on hold at SSR, and when I went to confirm it, only the $190 fee is disclosed. I am not confirming the week but if I did confirm it, I would print the info that says $190 fee, so I could show Disney that I shouldn't be charged for parking, too.

I don't think Disney will do that, anyway. It seems that most of the cast members don't really know much about RCI exchanges and how it works as it is.
You have that right Cindy. They don’t know, nor do they care about RCI exchanges. The only place I have been in that knew anything about RCI was SSR.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Parking is $22.00 a day now. 45 for prefered parking

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
It’s the same

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Theme park parking is free to occupants of the Disney Vacation Club Resorts

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
If you are staying at a Disney property you don't pay to park at the Parks. You will get magic bands as part of your stay and they get scanned when you enter the parking area. However most people prefer to use the Disney shuttles as they are far more convenient and free for you to use. If you are staying at Saratoga Springs which has the most availability I would advise selecting close to a bus stop as one of your priority choices as the resort is quite spread out.

You contact DVC to get your reservation number which is different from the RCI confirmation number if you are exchanging through RCI. Next you go online to mydisneyexperience.com and get an account set up. Once you have that done you add your reservation number and can select your priority options, like close to a pool, near an elevator, close to a bus stop or a section of the resort. If you don't have tickets check out the prices on tickets2you.com. They have the best prices I've seen. You can link the tickets to your Disney account to begin making your Fast Pass picks. Choose wisely. You can pick three things for each day you have tickets. If you plan on getting to a Park early don't pick say an evening fireworks as one of your choices because you have to use all three before you can pick anything else. So make your picks grouped together as much as possible timewise. Once you've used the last of the three you can continue to select one more thing at a time for the remainder of the day. You can even switch parks if you have Park Hopper tickets. If you aren't able to get there in time to use one of your choices you can either go to a kiosk, go online or use the app you can put on your phone to change the time or substitute something else. If you don't do this and the time expires you will just lose that pick. If something you want to do isn't available, keep checking back. Even that day.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

The indications so far is that they won't charge RCI members but they could and I don't think such a printout would be much help. Just like they can charge for housekeeping under the RCI rules if they chose even if it's not listed.

Theme park parking is free to occupants of the Disney Vacation Club Resorts
It's an on property perks, not a DVC perk. Indications are that DVC members won't pay to park period whether using points or not but it may be an evolving issue.

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s the same

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/parking/

Overnight Self-Parking

• Effective for reservations made March 21, 2018 and thereafter, standard overnight self-parking is available to registered Guests for a fee that will be applied to their hotel folio upon check-out. All parking fees include applicable tax.
Standard Overnight Parking charges per Resort Category:

• Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
  • Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
  • Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Yes, thank you Charles, what meant was you still pay to park overnight, unless you are at the Campground or a DVC member.
We have a seasonal Florida Resident Pass That now includes parking. So if we stay overnight we should be ok.
Silentg

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Yes, thank you Charles, what meant was you still pay to park overnight, unless you are at the Campground or a DVC member.
We have a seasonal Florida Resident Pass That now includes parking. So if we stay overnight we should be ok.
Silentg

Adding my thanks to yours. Thank you Charles. Wow, we also have Florida resident annual passes so I didn't realize that even if you are a staying at the Disney properties, except for the Campground, you now pay to park. With what Disney gets to stay at their resorts having to pay to park your car while you are there is ridiculous, obscene even! I guess they figure if you don't have a car you will be staying on property for your meals instead of going to the grocery store and eating off property. Perhaps including the parking will become a bonus they may offer if you buy your lodging, tickets and meal plan directly from them.

Does this mean that if someone exchanges through RCI, so would be staying the the villas, that the parking is $24 a night on top of the $190 fee? I would have thought the $190 amenities fee would include the parking so will be interested to hear from someone who has stayed there since March 21, 2018.

We stayed at Saratoga Springs in January and won't be staying at a Disney resort again if we have to pay $24 a day to park.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would have thought the $190 amenities fee would include the parking so will be interested to hear from someone who has stayed there since March 21, 2018.

As I posted above, it will need to be someone who both booked and stayed after March 21, 2018.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
We stayed at Saratoga Springs in January and won't be staying at a Disney resort again if we have to pay $24 a day to park
Hi Jan,
You don’t have to pay to park because you have Florida Resident annual pass.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We stayed at Saratoga Springs in January and won't be staying at a Disney resort again if we have to pay $24 a day to park
Hi Jan,
You don’t have to pay to park because you have Florida Resident annual pass.

Incorrect. The overnight parking fee is for all guests staying on-site, with the exception of the campsites and DVC members. Passholders have free day parking at the parks, but not free overnight parking at the resorts.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Incorrect. The overnight parking fee is for all guests staying on-site, with the exception of the campsites and DVC members. Passholders have free day parking at the parks, but not free overnight parking at the resorts.
Oh, I didn’t realize, thank you we won’t be staying overnight.

Crafty71

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smugglers Notch Resort (Wyndham); DVC Old Key West
I guess they figure if you don't have a car you will be staying on property for your meals instead of going to the grocery store and eating off property.

As Jan said...^^^^THIS^^^^. I always saw the Magical Disney Express as a free ride to/from Orlando International until someone much wiser than me pointed out that if they give you a 'free' ride, people will be much less inclined to rent a car. When the decision was rent a car OR pay for a Mears shuttle service from the airport, it was heads or tails, but by offering a 'free' ride (which is still operated by Mears, incidentally), it is a no-brainer for most people...and if you don't rent a car, you essentially become 'Disney-locked' (which is like land-locked, only happier...:)).

There is a reason for everything Disney does...and so there is a reason for the parking fee (besides making $$, which is part of the Disney DNA).

Cheers!

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score

some crafty people are wondering how Disney will handle it if you decide to leave your car at the park's parking lot overnight and take Disney transportation back to your Disney resort...

;)

mj2vacation

Reaction score
some crafty people are wondering how Disney will handle it if you decide to leave your car at the park's parking lot overnight and take Disney transportation back to your Disney resort...

;)

You could do that. I don’t have the number of the towing company, but I am sure it can be found via google.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You could do that. I don’t have the number of the towing company, but I am sure it can be found via google.

Where's my rofl emoticon when I need it?

But seriously, the same could be said of Disney Springs as well, which would be particularly pertinent to exchangers staying at SSR. But it would be easy enough for WDW to institute a policy that cars parked in theme park or DS lots between the hours of 3-4 a.m. may be subject to towing or some such. I certainly wouldn't risk it. I'm annoyed at the charge but it's not worth that kind of hassle.