• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott trades through Interval

skstayton

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had a request in with Interval since mid-January to exchange our 2 bdrm. unit at Newport Coast (Marriott property) for either of the Costa del Sol Marriotts (MUZ or MMB) in Spain for either the last week in Sept. or the 1st week in October. I have had no success these past 4 months and am wondering if I need to settle elsewhere. I checked Marriotts website and there are a minimum of three 2 bdrm units and three 3 bdrm units the first date I entered (Sept. 27th) so am wondering if there ever is a point in time these will be released to Interval or if I ever want to stay there I need to rent one at +$350/night?? Please advise - is my Marriott I own at Newport becoming pretty worthless if I want to trade elsewhere for a Marriott property?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott.com inventory belongs to Marriott, they will not be released to II for exchange.

If you had put in the request at least 13 months ahead, you would most certainly have been matched in II by now. MVC releases inventories to II at 13 months, 12 months and some adjustments between 12 months and up to check in day.

Last edited:

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I thought Marriott to Marriott trades went through II?

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
The OP seems to be having problems trading Newport Coast for Marriott in Spain.

skstayton

TUG Member
Reaction score
The OP seems to be having problems trading Newport Coast for Marriott in Spain.
That is correct - I most certainly am! It's hard for us to book 12 or 13 months out and am just wondering if there is a point I need to just forget trying to get one of the Marriott properties. We would like to book airfare and plan the rest of our trip sooner rather than later.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
This is what I can see with a fake Cypress Harbour reservation. Can you go in November?

[Exchange Sighting redacted]

Last edited by a moderator:

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
[DELETED: Per forum rules, please post exchange company sightings on the Sightings and Distressed Forum - it is a benefit of TUG membership.]

skstayton

TUG Member
Reaction score
[deleted info redacted]

Unfortunately we can't go in November. I noticed they have availability at both resorts starting in November. We might be able to stretch it from 9/27 to 10/14 but that's about as far out as we can go due to a hunting trip my husband has planned. But thanks for checking!

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Unfortunately we can't go in November. I noticed they have availability at both resorts starting in November. We might be able to stretch it from 9/27 to 10/14 but that's about as far out as we can go due to a hunting trip my husband has planned. But thanks for checking!

Well sorry you haven’t got your trade yet, that is frustrating. I’m new to this whole thing so I don’t have advice as to whether you should hang in there or bail out. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skstayton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well sorry you haven’t got your trade yet, that is frustrating. I’m new to this whole thing so I don’t have advice as to whether you should hang in there or bail out. Good luck.

Thanks!

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The two Marriotts in Spain are sought-after by the European tourists as well as American tourists. I have never seen summer weeks sitting online. Interval's inventory typically has a huge gap between a late winter/spring weeks and the late fall weeks. It's not that Newport Coast doesn't have the trade power. It most certainly does. You just haven't had the search in long enough.

You are looking for weeks 38 & 39. Week 39 has a TDI of 105, so there is a drop off in demand in October.
Keep an eye on the Getaways as well. The winter Getaways are a steal at these two properties. I don't know how Interval prices the fall weeks, but it's worth monitoring in case any weeks turn up there.

Good Luck, and let us know how you do.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
You might want to check the getaways instead.
I don't see what you want right now, but i was able
to get 2 back to back 3 bedrooms
at Marbella resort a few years ago in the off season.
It was cheap too, around $600 at the time.

skstayton

TUG Member
Reaction score
You might want to check the getaways instead.
I don't see what you want right now, but i was able
to get 2 back to back 3 bedrooms
at Marbella resort a few years ago in the off season.
It was cheap too, around $600 at the time.
I'm still frustrated they may have getaways available but not a trade. I hate to spend money on a getaway if I have a week sitting there for trade.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
I'm still frustrated they may have getaways available but not a trade. I hate to spend money on a getaway if I have a week sitting there for trade.

I hear ya but it is what it is.
If you really want to go and it’s there maybe plan another trip with your exchange and buy the cheaper getaway. it’s usually cheaper to use a getaway than exchanging with higher MFs.
Worked for us.

$1200 for 2 weeks in a 3 bedroom was truly a deal worth considering.
Granted I went 7 years ago and in December but still was a bargain for a 3 bedroom in Marbella.

I am happy that Marriott makes these bargains available to interval members. It’s a nice perk of membership.

skstayton

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have taken advantage of the getaways - we went to Thailand and stayed at the fabulous Marriott in Phuket last fall for ~$800/week. I'll keep my eye out for getaways if nothing works trading our week. Thanks for your input