• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New to II and trying to exchange

Rsmith9445

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Broadway at the Beach , Myrtle Beach SC
hello. i have a deposited week in II for Sheraton MB plantation. I wasnt able to use and i deposited. I would like to use it for next year. Do i really need to request three different prooperties for MB to put in a request? I dont really want to stay anywhere else in MB. Should i just use my real week from sheraton for 2019 and use goof around with the deposited week in II? I was told i would get vistana to vistana priority with II. Is this true and will it help me ? Any help or insight would be appreciated!

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I often read about TUGgers mentioning 3 dates or 3 properties in their search requests but II has never forced me to input anything beyond 1 resort with 1 search date.

I don't understand what you meant by real 2019 week or not. You do get Vistana to Vistana priority, with lower exchange fees and having first dips on newly deposited Vistana weeks before non-Vistana owners have access to those new deposits.

You can go into to II to see current inventory but don't forget that these are leftovers from on-going match requests as these get matched first. If there are leftovers then they sit in inventory for exchangers to view.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do i really need to request three different prooperties for MB to put in a request?
I was told i would get vistana to vistana priority with II.
Put in the resort and week(s) you really want.
Then enter two impossible resorts (MM1, MMO) for New Years Week. These will not match, so your search will land what you want.

Yes, you will see weeks at Vistana resorts before those who are not searching with a Vistana unit.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe MM1 and MMO are Marriott resort codes. If you do that it will bump up your exchange fees to a non-Vistana fees. If it does force you to put in additional resorts, then put in the codes for Westin Kaanapali for New Year's Week.

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
I think I understand your question, and I have the same question (I recently bought SBP (Sheraton Broadway Plantation) resale)).
So, you really want to bank your 2018 week and use it in 2019 instead, right? I want to do this in the future as well (I'd like to book a week for my family, and another for my in-laws at the same time). But it seems the only way to achieve this is deposit into II, and then request a week at SBP for 2019.

Experts- is there an easier way to achieve this? (I wish I could just bank Staroptions, but it's voluntary, so no)
Is it hard or easy to get a specific summer week at SBP through II? Do you have a better chance if you enter a whole month (like any week in July)?
and if RSmith does deposit his 2018 week, how long does II let him exchange? does it expire end of 2019?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If you list a range of dates than that covers the 3 weeks/resorts. You can't put in a single resort and a single date. I don't put in searches for MB but it seems like there are very few if any June -August SBP deposits in II. For some reason there are always 30+ summer deposits from SBP into RCI more than a year in advance.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you list a range of dates than that covers the 3 weeks/resorts. You can't put in a single resort and a single date. I don't put in searches for MB but it seems like there are very few if any June -August SBP deposits in II. For some reason there are always 30+ summer deposits from SBP into RCI more than a year in advance.
I never have issues just putting in for 1 resort and 1 week. Maybe because I have platinum?

To an earlier question, SBP 2018 deposit has an expiration of Dec 31st 2020.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I never have issues just putting in for 1 resort and 1 week. Maybe because I have platinum?

For an ongoing request? I know if you do a Marriott to Marriott they have a special allowance that you only have to request one resort and one date but I didn't think vistana had that too. Unless you only have one week that you can go and you really only want the single resort, it really limits your chances to put in one resort and one date for an ongoing request.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
For an ongoing request? I know if you do a Marriott to Marriott they have a special allowance that you only have to request one resort and one date but I didn't think vistana had that too. Unless you only have one week that you can go and you really only want the single resort, it really limits your chances to put in one resort and one date for an ongoing request.
Yes, for on-going requests. I have never had issues just requesting 1 resort for 1 week either for Vistana or Marriott.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

I'm platinum and need to put in 3 options. I usually just put in the impossible.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm platinum and need to put in 3 options. I usually just put in the impossible.
Like what I said, I have never encountered this. I only have Vistana and Marriott. Which resort do you have for exchange? I am wondering if it is because Vistana and Marriott do not force having 3 options.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Like what I said, I have never encountered this. I only have Vistana and Marriott. Which resort do you have for exchange? I am wondering if it is because Vistana and Marriott do not force having 3 options.

must be a perk of brand names??? I only own independents.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe MM1 and MMO are Marriott resort codes. If you do that it will bump up your exchange fees to a non-Vistana fees. If it does force you to put in additional resorts, then put in the codes for Westin Kaanapali for New Year's Week.

Good point. I should have written KAA, KAN, WNA.