• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is It Ever Possible to Sell HGVC Gold Weeks?

jreed1920

Reaction score
I have 3 HGVC gold weeks I am looking to get rid of. They are fully paid and have served me well but changes in location, jobs, family situation make them no longer useful to me. I realize people desire platinum due to the maintenance fees but are these worth anything at all. I don't actually want to make any money I am just trying not to have to pay a bunch to release these from my life. Any suggestions?

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba, Harborside Atlantis & Westin Lagunamar
Depending on the home resort and amount of points they can be good renters and have value to the right buyer. If 2 good and 1 not so good Resort then maybe list them as a bundle to give away on here. If all good then list them separately.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have 3 HGVC gold weeks I am looking to get rid of. They are fully paid and have served me well but changes in location, jobs, family situation make them no longer useful to me. I realize people desire platinum due to the maintenance fees but are these worth anything at all. I don't actually want to make any money I am just trying not to have to pay a bunch to release these from my life. Any suggestions?

I'd say yes, if it's a 4800-5000 point gold every year (as opposed to EOY) you should be able to get something for them.
3400 point will probably be less, but if it's an annual year, you should be able to get *something* for it (and by *something* it'll be nowhere near what you paid for it, even if it's resale).

I'd say typically judging by what I see on the various resale sites (asking prices obviously):
$1000-1500 for the 3400 (probably closer to the lower end)
$1500-2500 for the 4800/5000 gold

But these are asking prices, don't know what they actually sell for. I'd say if selling on TUG, probably knock off another $500 and you'll probably have to pay half or all the closing costs to sell it in a reasonable time frame.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
If the points are at least 3400 you should be able to gift it. You will probably get a taker if you list it in the bargain section of Tug.

The last two I got that were 3400 points were for free here on tug.

There are takers, older tuggers that don't want to spend money to get those platinum weeks, younger tuggers who want in the system and like the week and don’t want to use their savings and tuggers who just want to go to your home resort when you own it.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
If you have Gold Weeks for 3,400 HGVC points or less, the quickest way to get rid of them is to give them away on TUG otherwise you can use one of the brokers listed below

Here are ones frequently mentioned. You can get an idea of asking prices from their website (of course, you'll need to substract their commission)
Seth Nock @ http://www.sellingtimeshares.net/category/listings/hilton/
Judi Kozlowski @ http://judikoz.com/Search.aspx
Diane Nadeau @ https://www.timesharebrokersales.com/hilton-timeshares/index.php
Carl Thoms @ http://timeshare-resale.com/
Syed Sarmad @ https://advantagevacation.com/hilton-grand-vacations-club-for-sale-and-resale/

Here are some examples of one bedroom gold weeks given away on the TUG Bargain Deals Forum - https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?forums/bargain-deals.55/ (see Sticky threads at the top)

erm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Check with Hilton to see if they will buy them back. I owned one on Marco Island that Hilton bought back. I contacted the on site person at the resort. This was 5 or 6 years ago.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the feedback. I definitely appreciate it. As of now I have decided to list them with Diane Nadeau. One of my I-Drive weeks already sold so feeling a little better at this point.

Diane's always been very good/helpful with my resale purchases. Glad to know you sold one already. Congrats!

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
I own a gold week at Tuscany that is a biennial.
I guess I am an anomaly because I sought out a biennial.
I don't like owning annuals because I prefer to own in
several systems and not over commit to any developer
as they always seem to be changing the rules and I
don't want to get caught with something that I am
frustrated with.

So my biennial serves me as an annual by borrowing
and banking what I need and keeps my costs comfortable
for my use. I mostly use them for the Marco affiliates
and since I live in FL this is a great value to me by staying
in the club since RCI and II rarely have much affiliate
exchanges although lately I've been getting lucky with
that too.

jreed1920

Reaction score
Just to provide a closing update, working with Diane I have sold all 3 of my weeks. 2 sold to new owners and HGVC exercised ROFR on the third. Thanks for the advice and encouragement!

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just to provide a closing update, working with Diane I have sold all 3 of my weeks. 2 sold to new owners and HGVC exercised ROFR on the third. Thanks for the advice and encouragement!

Thanks for the update. Congratulations on getting them sold.

If you wouldn’t mind, could you share the point value, location and prices sold for. It can help others looking to sell.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

Congratulations and Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Please post info on each of your weeks at http://rofr.net/ :cool:

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Awesome.
Glad to see people still want gold weeks.
I still think it’s a cheap way into a great club that still has good value if you travel off season or shoulder season.

For a Floridaian like me off season to a snow bird is peak beach time for me.
Works for both types of owners as the resorts are always pretty full in the SW Florida area.

No regrets for my gold weeks yet.
Glad you got out too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Thank you for the updates on selling HGVC gold weeks. From what I have seen with Hilton you can do a lot with it.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Thank you for the updates on selling HGVC gold weeks. From what I have seen with Hilton you can do a lot with it.

Yes you can.
I purposely sought a gold unit.
I was a TUGger at the time too.

I don’t always go for max value
In an ownership. As long as it
Meets my parameters of entry
Into the clubs I don’t need the
Max pointe for minimum fees.
I just want it at a reasonable cost.
Gold weeks did the trick for me.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Yes you can.

Who is saying Gold Season is bad? :shrug:

Just because some Tuggers insist on platinum season doesn’t mean everyone does ;)

Platinum season weeks does offer the best value. But I purposely bought Gold because it also met my parameters when I bought. I also prefer EOY weeks because I own in more than one system. I also own at a HGVC resort that I’ve frequently visit but I own in the exact unit size/type and season I preferred (Gold Season).

But Platinum season resale prices have come down so it is something for new buyers to consider depending where one wants to go and how long they plan to keep their ownership. Point requirements at newer HGVC resorts will continue to rise over time so having more points is advantageous.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes you can.

Same here. Gold weeks are valuable if they are at a place and week you would use. Also for a little older folks like me or for those wanting to enjoy the system without spending much to get into it, pricepoint can be zero. I have gotten great hgvc weeks for no cost.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Same here. Gold weeks are valuable if they are at a place and week you would use. Also for a little older folks like me or for those wanting to enjoy the system without spending much to get into it, pricepoint can be zero. I have gotten great hgvc weeks for no cost.

With timeshares in general, it’s easy to pick up a cheap resale week via TUG, eBay, etc but it might be harder to get rid of later.

Just be careful with the no cost weeks (3400 points and below). There are some weeks on the Bargain Deals forum that were cheap/Free to obtain years ago but are no longer easy to get rid of. :cool:

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
With timeshares in general, it’s easy to pick up a cheap resale week via TUG, eBay, etc but it might be harder to get rid of later.

Just be careful with the no cost weeks (3400 points and below). There are some weeks on the Bargain Deals forum that were cheap/Free to obtain years ago but are no longer easy to get rid of. :cool:

For 3400 point weeks I would suggest a prime location, a week you would use at least 1/2 the time and an affiliate fixed week which gives additional trading options.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Who is saying Gold Season is bad? :shrug:

Just because some Tuggers insist on platinum season doesn’t mean everyone does ;)

Platinum season weeks does offer the best value. But I purposely bought Gold because it also met my parameters when I bought. I also prefer EOY weeks because I own in more than one system. I also own at a HGVC resort that I’ve frequently visit but I own in the exact unit size/type and season I preferred (Gold Season).

But Platinum season resale prices have come down so it is something for new buyers to consider depending where one wants to go and how long they plan to keep their ownership. Point requirements at newer HGVC resorts will continue to rise over time so having more points is advantageous.

Yeah things are always changing.
I know that the newer resorts require more points but I bought to use at the older resorts. Not that I won’t explore the new ones if possible but the beauty of banking and borrowing points easily with HGVC makes that not that much of a problem for me. I just stay in studios and 1 bedrooms if necessary.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.

I am 53 so getting up there too.
And I bought a gold just to get into HGVC when the market crashed and Hilton was not doing ROFR much.
I did pay a little for mine cause I bought it thru Seth Nock but he talked me out of a 3400 point and glad I went with the 5000 point. It’s perfect for me.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
For 3400 point weeks I would suggest a prime location, a week you would use at least 1/2 the time and an affiliate fixed week which gives additional trading options.

I guess what I really own is a 2500 a year unit. I know that doesn’t exist but I use my HGVC as an every year by banking and borrowing. Then I go off season for 3-4 nights a couple times during mid week. Works well for getaways.
I own at Tuscany and have never used my points there and never will.
I have only done OS there but they ruined that so now I spun it at Marriott instead.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)