• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What's so special about the club rooms at AK?

Mosescan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Vegas Blvd, Craigendarroch lodges x 2
I'm new to the Disney world. I've just put my first offer in on some points at AK and I was wondering...what's the big deal with the club rooms? From reading the boards I understand that the value rooms and the club rooms are the first to be booked up at the 11 month window. The demand for the value rooms I understand, the demand for the club rooms I don't. What do you get above and beyond a Savannah view that makes these rooms so attractive for the extra points? If I'm going to spend the points then I want to know what value I'm getting for my money. I also don't want to cheap out and get only a Savannah view if there is something amazing that comes with that club room.

Thanks,

I've cross posted this on the Disboards as well

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm new to the Disney world. I've just put my first offer in on some points at AK and I was wondering...what's the big deal with the club rooms? From reading the boards I understand that the value rooms and the club rooms are the first to be booked up at the 11 month window. The demand for the value rooms I understand, the demand for the club rooms I don't.

Not so much demand as supply. There are 5 2BR lockoffs in club level - that is all. If someone books a club level studio, that leaves 1 1BR and 4 2BR lockoffs remaining, so very limited supply. I believe there are 10 value 2BR lockoffs and 8 value standalone studios, and that is still a very small number considering that AKV has a total of 458 Villas / 708 maximum available.

Club Level Amenities
  • Evening Turndown/Daily Housekeeping
  • Secured key access to the club-level lounge, serving refreshments 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. daily
  • Complimentary fax assistance
  • Complimentary health club access
  • Pre-arrival Walt Disney World Resort itinerary planning
  • Personalized Front Desk and Guest Services
  • Access to Concierge service at the Kiliminjaro Club
  • Complimentary newspapers in Club Level lounge

Used to include the opportunity to book and experience the Sunrise Safari Breakfast Adventure but that went away recently.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
What do you get above and beyond a Savannah view that makes these rooms so attractive for the extra points? If I'm going to spend the points then I want to know what value I'm getting for my money. I also don't want to cheap out and get only a Savannah view if there is something amazing that comes with that club room.

Club rooms do not all have a Savannah view. 3 of the 2-bedrooms 'overlook' part of the Sunset Savanna, the other two the pool area.

The one I stayed in had a view of air conditioner units, restaurant ventilation, and thatched roofs.

Snacks were great, free cans of soda also. Some make a meal from the snacks. For me, NOT worth the extra points.

View is not part of the AKV Club Level booking. You can only choose the room size, and 'request' view.

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
Club rooms do not all have a Savannah view. 3 of the 2-bedrooms 'overlook' part of the Sunset Savanna, the other two the pool area.

The one I stayed in had a view of air conditioner units, restaurant ventilation, and thatched roofs.

This is true. The views are reported to be pretty substandard. The club villas are all on the 6th floor and tend to be obstructed as described, so don't book for the views.

Weimaraner

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is great info to know. Thought concierge sounded like the way to go. But the real draw of AKL for me is sitting on the balcony and watching the animals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mosescan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is great info to know. Thought concierge sounded like the way to go. But the real draw of AKL for me is sitting on the balcony and watching the animals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly. The only reason to stay here is for the savannah views. At least this post has saved me some points! No club level for me.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would book club level over a value studio any day. Jambo is fabulous. And my kids have drank their weight in chocolate milk at club level. Personally I am not a fan of club level because I want to get my money's worth so we don't spend as much time in the parks. My husband really liked club level when we went without the kids, but then again, he is not a park person but he is a balcony person.

The value studios are SMALL. And they are almost the same price as BWV points. So for a night before a cruise, I would have no problem dropping 9 points for a value studio. But since I travel with 3 or 4 kids, they are just too small.

And lately, availability is patchy at the 7 month window. No more staying wherever you want. It takes a lot of work to piece together trip not at your home resort if they are any longer than 3 or 4 days.

Mosescan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think for our first trip we will be looking for a savannah view studio. I haven't decided which lodge yet, but i'm leaning towards Kidani. It's a long way off yet. We still have to pass ROFR. I guess we'll know in a month or so.