• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Waiting over 4 months......concern?

ckm6670

Reaction score
Purchased 77,000 points back in October to add to our current 166,000. Been waiting patiently but nothing yet. They say it can take a while to go through. Should I be concerned or just keep cooling my heels?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Purchased 77,000 points back in October to add to our current 166,000. Been waiting patiently but nothing yet. They say it can take a while to go through. Should I be concerned or just keep cooling my heels?
Has Wyndham received all documents to complete the transfer? If so when were the documents received?
If Wyndham has received all documents and you have called to confirm that. Then yes it’s a waiting game. It doesn’t hurt to call every week or 2 to see how close you are getting for the transfer to be completed.

steve_solo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did two deeds in 2017. One took about 7 months and the other just over a year from the date I agreed to buy them.
In both cases, there were minor issues with the deeds that caused Wyndham to kick them back to the transfer company and start the process over. It seemed to me that each instance caused 4 or 5 months delay because Wyndham sits on the paperwork while still collecting the MFs from the original owner.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did two deeds in 2017. One took about 7 months and the other just over a year from the date I agreed to buy them.
In both cases, there were minor issues with the deeds that caused Wyndham to kick them back to the transfer company and start the process over. It seemed to me that each instance caused 4 or 5 months delay because Wyndham sits on the paperwork while still collecting the MFs from the original owner.
If Wyndham hasn’t received the documents 4 months is way too long. The broker- closing company haven’t done their job
Yes Wyndham can take 4 plus months ounce they receive the transfer documents.
I can’t give the OP advice until I know what stage the paperwork is at. We don’t even know if a deed has been filed or if both parties have signed and notarized the transfer document for a CWA contract until the OP gives us more information.
If a deed hasn’t been filed I wouldn’t tell the OP that’s ok and normal because it’s not
It’s easy to through Wyndham under the bus. But what can Wyndham do if they haven’t even received the documents?

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Has Wyndham received all documents to complete the transfer? If so when were the documents received?
If Wyndham has received all documents and you have called to confirm that. Then yes it’s a waiting game. It doesn’t hurt to call every week or 2 to see how close you are getting for the transfer to be completed.
I started answering and then read up. Was trying pretty much exactly what brainddead has here :)
You should have an estoppel from the closing company and it has your contract number. Once the closing company confirms they've sent everything to Wyndham, you can call title services and confirm they have everything-they look it up by the contract number. And, yes, it doesn't hurt to check on it every once in a while. I've had title services escalate things when they sat for an extended amount of time. Or at least be able to tell me why it's sitting. And, yes, be patience. Depending on the resort and some other things, it can take a long time.