• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is Vistana accepting Deedbacks

DBLYES

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

It has been a while since I have been on TUG. Does anyone know if they are accepting deedbacks with no costs involved. Thanks.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I dont recall seeing anything like that being announced unfortunately.

never hurts to ask though! send them a letter asking for your options to give your ownership back.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Hi,

It has been a while since I have been on TUG. Does anyone know if they are accepting deedbacks with no costs involved. Thanks.

WSJ-VGV HOA has taken deeds back, and then resold to cover delinquent MFs.

If your VOI has no value, then unlikely that VSE would take back.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Based on my memory, there were 2 recent reports on TUG about they were successful with deedbacks, including at a VOI with no value (Sheraton Broadway Plantation). Can't hurt to ask.

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Based on my memory, there were 2 recent reports on TUG about they were successful with deedbacks, including at a VOI with no value (Sheraton Broadway Plantation). Can't hurt to ask.

Nico (@hypnotiq) - are you aware of this?
There are 2 SBPs being given away for free on Bargain Deal Thread. One includes $250...

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/free-sheraton-broadway-plantation-gold-2-bedroom.265753/
https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/sheraton-broadway-plantation-2-br-gold-free-250.267753/

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score

I tried giving a SBP back to Vistana last month. They said “nope; here’s some people who can help you sell it.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Too bad. I was curious to see if this claim was accurate.
Hope all is well with you/family.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
id imagine VSE as a whole is like most other companies with no "official" surrender program.

if you are willing to give them a valuable week...they will make arrangements to take it from you.

those offering weeks with no resale value are of course told to seek help elsewhere (shame they dont refer them to TUG)

DBLYES

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I have a 1bdrm SDO and 1 bdrm SBP. I am sure they do not have much value. It is too bad that some companies have deedback and others do not.

ron_jacobson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana
I asked about a giveback on my EOY Even year Sheraton Vistana Resort 2 br and got the polite sorry but no response. It will be going up in the Bargin Section soon.

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba, Harborside Atlantis & Westin Lagunamar
Last March I gave back several units at SVR and SVV with no value - no SO. Mixture of unit sizes. They covered all costs including maintenance fee. I
was happily surprised.

I tried this year to give back studios at SDO, WLR and Harborside and politely told no thanks but can always ask again in future.

Never hurts to ask

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba, Harborside Atlantis & Westin Lagunamar
id imagine VSE as a whole is like most other companies with no "official" surrender program.

if you are willing to give them a valuable week...they will make arrangements to take it from you.

those offering weeks with no resale value are of course told to seek help elsewhere (shame they dont refer them to TUG)
I bet if someone suggested Vistana add TUG as a resource they would.

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I called last week to see if they would take an SBP 2 BR lockout summer season. Reply was no...

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called last week to see if they would take an SBP 2 BR lockout summer season. Reply was no...

It’s been a no for a couple years now. I’ve tried both giving it away and deed back. No luck.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I bet if someone suggested Vistana add TUG as a resource they would.

we would urge all owners to suggest to their resorts to list TUG as an owner resource!

I honestly dont see any major developer adopting this practice however, the industry itself does not profit from educated and knowledgeable owners....its simply not built on that deck of cards.

we will always continue to try! and if any TUGGER is successful in getting their resort to list TUG as a resource in communications/letters with all their owners...ill grant you a lifetime membership as it would be a remarkable feat!

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
November update. Response from Vistana @ SBP.

Thank you for contacting Vistana Management, Inc.

We are sorry to hear that you are considering giving up your vacation ownership interest. In regards to your concern, as the Association does not have a program that would allow owners to voluntarily deed back their properties, we regret that we are unable to take back your week at this time; however, your account has been properly documented with your request. If the option to deed your unit back becomes available at a later time, you will be contacted.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
thats disappointing to hear :(

Ianneyan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and Vistana
November update. Response from Vistana @ SBP.

Have you tried posting your unit on eBay? I had a difficult time unloading a timeshare that I owned in Big Bear here on TUG even though I offered free closing. (Side note: I owned it all of 8-10months and realized it wasn’t something I would really get much use out of! :D) It took a couple of months to find a buyer, but I eventually did! If you’re hardpressed to unload it, offer free closing, perhaps throw in a little something upon closing ($100 Visa cash card?) and someone may scoop it up!

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
I had an SVV 1 bedroom Amelia successfully deeded back to Vistana about 2 years ago. However it was my first timeshare purchase and I had about $8000 loan owed to Vistana, so this might be my advantage to work it out. What I did was I stopped paying for few months (like 6-8 months). Then Vistana started calling me and asking me to pay which I politely declined (said i have no money, but feel free to take timeshare back). After few foreclosure mails from Vistana with final warnings, I eventually called and asked for deedback which Vistana accepted. My credit did not get hurt in the end. Now I'm a happy owner with resale SVV Bella and SBP, and resale MVC Ko Olina.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I had an SVV 1 bedroom Amelia successfully deeded back to Vistana about 2 years ago. However it was my first timeshare purchase and I had about $8000 loan owed to Vistana, so this might be my advantage to work it out. What I did was I stopped paying for few months (like 6-8 months). Then Vistana started calling me and asking me to pay which I politely declined (said i have no money, but feel free to take timeshare back). After few foreclosure mails from Vistana with final warnings, I eventually called and asked for deedback which Vistana accepted. My credit did not get hurt in the end. Now I'm a happy owner with resale SVV Bella and SBP, and resale MVC Ko Olina.
This isn't what one would normally consider a deedback. This is a deed in lieu of foreclosure. Somewhat different, and won't work for someone that owns a week free and clear.