• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pet Friendly Timeshares

Jayco29D

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, Vistana
We recently purchased Four Seasons Aviara because it is pet friendly and we live in California. Being able to bring our pets on vacation is a big deal for us. I am wondering which other timeshares are pet friendly?

epcmart

TUG Member
Reaction score
Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
There is a "sticky" (pink section) in the "Lounge" section from 2008 but I'm sure there are more than that now. I quick Google search will also bring up quite a few results.

~Diane

MPERL

TUG Member
Reaction score
We recently purchased Four Seasons Aviara because it is pet friendly and we live in California. Being able to bring our pets on vacation is a big deal for us. I am wondering which other timeshares are pet friendly?
Best timeshare advice I can give you is LEAVE THE PETES AT HOME. Even pet owners like myself do not want to see or interact with your pets when we are ion vacation.

bryanphunter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Westin Kierland Villa
Kauai Beach Villa
Best timeshare advice I can give you is LEAVE THE PETES AT HOME. Even pet owners like myself do not want to see or interact with your pets when we are ion vacation.
I guess you should stick to resorts that don't allow pets. Obviously, certain timeshares see value in allowing pets and advertise this benefit. Each resort will have policies specific to make sure pets follow the rules just like the human guests.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
sadly resorts can (and do) change these policies frequently, its always best to verify prior to booking! (and certainly again before departing)

Jayco29D

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, Vistana
Hotels are more pet friendly than timeshares. It is a trend in hotels, esp high end hotels, to allow pets for a fee. Ritz Carlton is pet friendly, for example. Many hotels within the Marriott family allow pets but it varies by property. Hyatt hotels have some pet friendly rooms but their timeshares do not. Most B&Bs in Carmel are pet friendly. I think it would be great if more timeshares in the USA (where folks can drive to) would allow pets. I would love to buy more timeshares on the West coast but I don’t because they are not pet friendly. It is sad that Squaw Valley advertises as a pet friendly ski resort yet, PlumpJack, the only pet friendly hotel is being torn down. I was willing to spend $600 a night at PlumpJack to stay in a small sterile hotel room simply so I could bring my pets. Imagine what a bonanza this would be for timeshares if they were pet friendly. People who are responsible and travel with pets are willing to pay extra for the privilege. Maybe that would help the timeshare industry. The timeshare industry appears to be financially weak right now, in spite of the great economy.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We have a week that is pet friendly at Aspen East Pines in Bayse, VA. They charge a fee to bring one. You have to check with before you arrive.
Also Mereweather Resort in Fort Lauderdale, FL accepts pets, again you have to check what the fees and advise them of your pet.

Berkshire Mountain Lodge in Massachusetts also is pet friendly. As with the others contact them for fees and requirements for bringing your pet.
Silentg

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
David Walleys resort in Genoa, NV outside of Tahoe is pet friendly, even for exchangers per the front desk.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I'd like the list so I know which ones to avoid.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Hi MPERL ... I can tell you from my personal experience of bring a dog to Aviara for now 6 years is that the majority of people go out of their way to ask they can say 'HI' to my dog. We respect others 'space' and watch to see if they make the first move to say hi. Almost all of them are missing their pet back home and/or didn't realize Aviara is pet friendly for owners.

You also meet more people with your pet - which results in a friendship that builds over the years -- as a handful of couples have the same 'snowbird' except option from winter using Aviara that we do.

Greg

ps - when traveling we like the Drury Hotels ... especially the Drury Plaza hotels ... no weight limit and a $25 pet fee ... along with their drinks/snacks at 5:30-7:00pm and a nice breakfast.

ps - Aviara lists a 75# weight limit ... this is not enforced ...

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
The problem is that timeshares that were pet friendly in the past may have changed hands and are no longer pet friendly. You have to check with each individual resort each time that you plan to stay there to see if any changes have been made.

Four Seasons Aviara is pet friendly for you because you are an owner. I stayed there via exchange through Interval several times and was not allowed to bring a pet. The front desk said that was unique to exchangers and I could have rented from an owner or from them and been able to bring a pet.

At any rate, keep looking and checking and asking. I recently decided that I don't like to leave my animals for very long and therefore and getting rid of all of my timeshares.

ricknhsv

Reaction score
Some units at St. Augustine Beach & Tennis Resort allow pets.