• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Recommended sites to sell use year points ??

decadude

TUG Member
Reaction score
I dont want to get rid of my Disney timeshare but I would prefer to sell my points each year what site or sites can you do this on and what is a fair market value for the price per point.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
David's finds the client, actually check via a DVC site that booking is available, email several owners (like yourself with the right ownership & points available), you response via email ... they ask you to book it ... it you are the fastest one) and when you do & confirm you got it) and then add their guest's name .. you get paid about 1/2. After checkin, you get the other 1/2 of the rental fee.

The key is responding ASAP to their inquiry. I don't know if they will text you a request. I own under 100 AKV points. And I bank and borrow the points.

PS They have actually called me directly ... asking if I still have points to rent ... AKV appears to be a very a popular destination.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Right now, it's a renter's market---there is significantly more demand for rental points than supply. Quote from owner's site below. He's also added AKV to the "premium resort" category for which he charges (and reimburses) an extra $1/pt for >7mo reservations.

We are currently experiencing a shortage of points for all resorts: We have guests lined up for reservations arriving over the next 6 months. All points are valid for these reservations.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

decadude

TUG Member
Reaction score
I only get 25 points a year I have a very small ownership but none the less maybe I can still rent sell the points

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
You would be surprised .. those 25 points .. banked & borrowed along with current use year points .. have 75 points available for booking.

Just call David's and ASK. They will verify your ownership ... and await their contacting you .. usually email for me. BUT ask all your questions with David's staff or any other rental agency.

Good Luck ... hope it benefits you.

dundey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - BLT & WLV, Cliff Club, Bolton Valley, Morritt's, Sudwala
DVC rental store is the best one I have used.

tinkerbell2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a small contract also and I always had success renting from David at dvcrequest.com. The service is great !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I find my transfers on MouseOwners. I've been on both sides of transfers and they are very quick and easy.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had great success using the Disboards. I paid the $25 fee and EASILY rented all my points for more money than my usual rental fees on Redweek. I wish I had used the Dis earlier.

The Demand is very great over there but the Supply is not, so it's a seller's (Disney Vacation Club point owner's) market! I use PayPal to get paid and the transactions are quick and very easy.

elleny76

Reaction score
I dont want to get rid of my Disney timeshare but I would prefer to sell my points each year what site or sites can you do this on and what is a fair market value for the price per point.

We use Paul. See below
Paul / DVC Rental Store <dvcrentalstore@gmail.com>

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
From the rentee's side- I am using DVC rental store-they have been extremely responsive to me. I added DME to our august reservation last week and it was done within 48 hours (the owner must be a fast responder as well!). They have been awesome to work with from the other side(wanting to rent) which makes one think they are good to owners.

spragu14

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have only rented my points once, with David's, and they rented the same day that I put them up for rent.
It was just a small amount.

Jayco29D

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, Vistana
You would be surprised .. those 25 points .. banked & borrowed along with current use year points .. have 75 points available for booking.

Just call David's and ASK. They will verify your ownership ... and await their contacting you .. usually email for me. BUT ask all your questions with David's staff or any other rental agency.

Good Luck ... hope it benefits you.

Yes, I agree. I own 6 contracts at 5 DVC resorts. I did this so I can book at 11 months and bank and borrow since I doubt I would visit every year anyway. I think this gives more flexibility than 1 or 2 bigger contracts.

spiceycat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Lake Towers @WDW
Yes, I agree. I own 6 contracts at 5 DVC resorts. I did this so I can book at 11 months and bank and borrow since I doubt I would visit every year anyway. I think this gives more flexibility than 1 or 2 bigger contracts.

even better if you decided to sell - the smaller contracts go faster and for more money. many of the online DVC realtors don't even list these the demand is that great.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I only get 25 points a year I have a very small ownership but none the less maybe I can still rent sell the points
You may have difficulty going through the brokers with such a small number of points. Working with banked or borrowed points increases the risk plus banked or borrow points cannot be transferred. I'd suggest minimizing the borrowing aspect especially as much as possible. I don't know where you own, it'd make some difference in my recommendations. As a rule you're going to be best served to simply make a highly desirable reservation and offer it for rent, preferably one very early in your UY. If you have a cheaper option that can be accessed at 11 months out like AKV value or BWV standard, reserving that at 11 months will give you the best bang for the buck.

How'd you get to just 25 points? Buy resale at that amount or do an add on and sell off the rest. I presume that since you have so little and you're looking at renting them, you don't plan to use them routinely. If they qualify you for the discounts and perks, it's still may be worth keeping them and fooling with the every 3rd year rental or selling them yearly as a transfer but the return will be meager and many would find it not worth fooling with.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It depends on where you want to stay, how many points you own, etc. Owning multiple home resorts can give you additional options at 11 months out but it can increase your costs and for many, they end up with one main resort anyway or else they find they don't care which resort for a given trip though they want to try many resorts over time and 7 months out will normally work about as well for that situation. As a rule, banking/borrowing increases your risk for a given reservation but as you note, having the 11 month window does give you options you wouldn't have otherwise. Thus flexibility is better for your situation in some ways of usage and worse in other circumstances.

Jayco29D

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, Vistana
It depends on where you want to stay, how many points you own, etc. Owning multiple home resorts can give you additional options at 11 months out but it can increase your costs and for many, they end up with one main resort anyway or else they find they don't care which resort for a given trip though they want to try many resorts over time and 7 months out will normally work about as well for that situation. As a rule, banking/borrowing increases your risk for a given reservation but as you note, having the 11 month window does give you options you wouldn't have otherwise. Thus flexibility is better for your situation in some ways of usage and worse in other circumstances.

For us, we wanted more flexibility. My goal was to balance cost/value with flexibility to get the reservations I want (room type, dates) at the resorts I want since I am not happy staying just anywhere. Since we live in California, we wanted the ability to stay in Anaheim, Orlando and Hawaii so we needed a minimum of 3 contracts. At WDW, we want to be able to split time between MK area and AK area since they are far apart so that required at least 2 WDW contracts (and we chose Grand Floridian as our main WDW resort - yes, the most expensive one at WDW). Then I threw in Poly as a filler since the studios are large and the points are low. Usually we only stay in 1 and 2 bedrooms (usually 1 bedroom at DVC due to high point cost) but if we want to stay some extra days, staying in a bigger deluxe sized studio at Poly helps extend our vacation. I suspect we will bank and borrow for our trips since we won’t be going to each location annually. I also like the idea that we can sell some contracts and keep others as our traveling interests change. The good news for now is that the cost of points has increased so much since the end of last year that we can resell now and at least break even. However, that’s not the plan right now but it is reassuring to know. I am happy with my decision because we have 16 nights booked in our 2018 use year in studio and 1 bedrooms at all 5 of the DVCs we purchased and we still have points left over to bank for 2019. It was great to have the 11 month booking window because I was able to reserve the most economical room type for each stay i.e. island view 1 bedroom at Aulani, standard view 1 bedroom at VGF, standard view studio at Poly, value 1 bedroom at AK, studios at Grand Cal. At the 7 month window, some of these resorts might be hard to book for the exact dates I wanted and/or the economical room types in each category might be gone. So I spend a little more upfront to have multiple contracts but I feel it pays off in how I can spend my points over the long term.

Last edited:

spiceycat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Lake Towers @WDW
Dean - some of us are very happy in studios. I had 170 points at BLT, 50 at BWV and 60 at VWL - now I just have 110 points at BLT - gave the rest to my family - which I could not do if all the points were in one contract. So it depends upon what you want to do with your points. Small contracts once I got rid of OKW is all I want. they work better for me.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
For us, we wanted more flexibility. My goal was to balance cost/value with flexibility to get the reservations I want (room type, dates) at the resorts I want since I am not happy staying just anywhere. Since we live in California, we wanted the ability to stay in Anaheim, Orlando and Hawaii so we needed a minimum of 3 contracts. At WDW, we want to be able to split time between MK area and AK area since they are far apart so that required at least 2 WDW contracts (and we chose Grand Floridian as our main WDW resort - yes, the most expensive one at WDW). Then I threw in Poly as a filler since the studios are large and the points are low. Usually we only stay in 1 and 2 bedrooms (usually 1 bedroom at DVC due to high point cost) but if we want to stay some extra days, staying in a bigger deluxe sized studio at Poly helps extend our vacation. I suspect we will bank and borrow for our trips since we won’t be going to each location annually. I also like the idea that we can sell some contracts and keep others as our traveling interests change. The good news for now is that the cost of points has increased so much since the end of last year that we can resell now and at least break even. However, that’s not the plan right now but it is reassuring to know. I am happy with my decision because we have 16 nights booked in our 2018 use year in studio and 1 bedrooms at all 5 of the DVCs we purchased and we still have points left over to bank for 2019. It was great to have the 11 month booking window because I was able to reserve the most economical room type for each stay i.e. island view 1 bedroom at Aulani, standard view 1 bedroom at VGF, standard view studio at Poly, value 1 bedroom at AK, studios at Grand Cal. At the 7 month window, some of these resorts might be hard to book for the exact dates I wanted and/or the economical room types in each category might be gone. So I spend a little more upfront to have multiple contracts but I feel it pays off in how I can spend my points over the long term.
I don't think I've seen anyone post that Poly points were low, LOL.

Dean - some of us are very happy in studios. I had 170 points at BLT, 50 at BWV and 60 at VWL - now I just have 110 points at BLT - gave the rest to my family - which I could not do if all the points were in one contract. So it depends upon what you want to do with your points. Small contracts once I got rid of OKW is all I want. they work better for me.
Certainly some are and some aren't OK with studios but it doesn't change the underlying principles. Having the smaller contracts gave you choices but also came with extra costs and risk.

Jayco29D

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, Vistana
I don't think I've seen anyone post that Poly points were low, LOL.

Certainly some are and some aren't OK with studios but it doesn't change the underlying principles. Having the smaller contracts gave you choices but also came with extra costs and risk.

I meant that the number of points to reduce a deluxe studio at Poly is low for me. Not the cost per point if that is what you thought I meant. The number of points needed to stay at a Poly Studio is much lower than the number of points to stay in a 1 bedroom at VGF or BLT and the studios are bigger. So, for me, Poly studios are for add on days to extend our vacation. Also then we get to stay at Poly, which seems to be a favorite themed resort.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I meant that the number of points to reduce a deluxe studio at Poly is low for me. Not the cost per point if that is what you thought I meant. The number of points needed to stay at a Poly Studio is much lower than the number of points to stay in a 1 bedroom at VGF or BLT and the studios are bigger. So, for me, Poly studios are for add on days to extend our vacation. Also then we get to stay at Poly, which seems to be a favorite themed resort.
I figured that was your thinking but it still significantly more points than many other locations

Trudyt623

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Animal Kingdom, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Aruba Surf Club
I listed AKL points today with David's and they were taken in less than an hour. I am curious if anyone has ever had issues with Disney while making multiple reservations in other peoples names.

Trudy

mj2vacation

Reaction score
I listed AKL points today with David's and they were taken in less than an hour. I am curious if anyone has ever had issues with Disney while making multiple reservations in other peoples names.

Trudy

David’s does a great job.

You are allowed to rent per the agreement. You should have no issues.

Member Services does not ask why someone else is staying.